Closed Communion?

I have a question for Catholic anons. I’m Lutheran and tomorrow I’m going to a Catholic Church with my father.

Should I receive communion? As a Lutheran I believe in the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist. I’ve committed no mortal sin since my last confession and absolution. I’ve seen Pope Francis administer communion to Lutheran ministers and give permission at different times.

Am I okay to receive Catholic communion with my dad or should I sit this out?

Here’s an article on the Pope addressing this matter:

religionnews.com/2015/11/20/pope-francis-say-lutherans-can-take-communion-catholic-mass/

Attached: 22E52F7B-F837-4CE3-8940-7E2568E8326A.jpeg (292x212, 23.41K)

Yes, you can, God bless you.

NO. You cannot. In order to receive communion at a Catholic Church you must be free from mortal sin (which you are, which is great), but you must also believe in transubstantiation and be in communion with Rome and believe in all the dogmas of the Church. I applaud you for taking it seriously though, and wish you luck. P.S there was one instance where Pope Francis gave communion to a few Lutheran ministers but that was an extraordinary deal and, honestly, Pope Francis should be regarded as "don't do as I say, don't do as I do."

Attached: Cortona_Guardian_Angel_01.jpg (694x1100, 101.23K)

You cannot.
Of course, I don't know what the Catholics are up to these days, especially with the example of Pope Francis you have brought up. Maybe talk to the celebrant before Mass to ask if you can receive even though you are a Lutheran? It's his job to protect the chalice after all. But if you can't get in touch with him, simply do not receive communion.

No, as you are not in communion with the Church. If Pope Francis advocates this sort of thing, then his personal opinion is wrong. If that doesn't convince you, then ask the pastor of this parish first. As it's his parish, you're under his authority there, and chances are he will tell you to refrain. It's good that you believe in the real presence, you should consider coming into the fullness of the faith so that you can be in full communion with your father and the rest of the Church militant. We'd love to have you home.

Attached: 1499874381282.jpg (1701x2552, 1.12M)

No you can't
Protip:Don't listen to the Pope, most of what he says is heresy.

Great answers guys thank you

I grew up going to a protestant church, and I honestly hadn't even once heard of the real presence in communion before being on this board, nor did I know I wasn't supposed to take communion without confessing sin first. I have been to Catholic mass a few times at my grandmother's church before, and the pastor there said non-Catholics were allowed to partake in communion. I suppose he could have meant they were allowed assuming they had confessed and not sinned beforehand.

I have a greater appreciation for communion now, because I wasn't really taught the importance of it. The church I was raised in only does it once a month and I think they use grape juice. I want to find the right denomination.

Well good thing the sacrament is invalid I think so you have never profaned God's body, and even if you did you have some inculpability due to not knowing anyways.

yeah, bro, just do whatever you want with it, shove it in your arsehole for all i care. it's not like any catholics today even give a fuk about the flesh of our lord anyway.
if you really want to know how to treat the eucharist with real respect i will tell you how though. first, you need to go have a bunch of sex. next you will need to skip Mass for about 7-12 years. after this time, go to a Mass - any Mass will do - and make sure you're wearing ass-tight pants and i can see your thong. now, when everyone goes up for communion, act casual, do not make any sudden moves, but make sure to flaunt your ass a little. then you get the eucharist in your dirty hands that you didn't wash all day from the random guy who was sitting in the front row who went up to help hand out the cracker who didn't wash his hands either. then you eat it and go sit back down and stare at all the 16-year-old asses in yoga pants as they walk back to their seats. (optional: just leave after you eat it) now, go out and enjoy some sex, you've earned it champ!

congratulations, now you are become catholic. oh and don't forget to call me a dick and to not judge you because jesus forgave a hooker that one time

Attached: 636f2a55211aa9d9a7f8b9d3f1213eff18d5d9ff676747aefcde14d8acc1d87f.jpg (1200x1200, 429.5K)

Begome Orthodox friend. No degenerates in our parishes. Jesus loves you!

Attached: annunciation-greek-orthodox-columbus.jpg (860x400, 90.18K)

Conservative Lutheran is the best Protestant denomination when it comes to learning the faith and theological study. l researched all of the denoms and felt it was the “most correct.” It’s also the closest to Catholic/Ortho (just stat away from the ELCA, church of Sweden, etc any of the liberal ones).

I’m hoping the ecumenical council will get us in comminon with Catholic bros at some point in my lifetime

Where are the usual Jesuits now, though?

can't do it. i'm not gonna be "that guy"

Not to be rude here, but that isn't a reason to convert…
Although I don't encourage bland, quasi-nihilistic ecumenicalism, religion is first and foremost a communion. It's not a matter of indifference what people believe, however they will find themselves bolstered by having friends and family who worship in the same manner, which links them together and increases the strength of their spiritual senses. (If from there they are led to another branch of Christianity, so be it.) When you become so self-conscious about your religious identity that you become a theology shopper like Rod Dreher, you're losing that element of faith: forming a unity with a higher power. Make the religion less about yourself and your ideology than about the act of communion. If you can't stand your local church, the issue may really be with where you have chosen to live. Perhaps it is easier to move than to change religions to suit your current zip code? If your church has truly fallen into darkness (i.e. you are Anglican), find the branch or faction closest to it which is strongest. It's a sad fact of life that the spread of liberalism through Christianity has mainly had the effect of increasing conflict and division, therefore it is completely at odds with Christ's message. The conservative tendency to react by running off to LARP as another denomination farthest removed from the decadent one is a panic room response. Maybe if we all become EO/tradcath/hardline evangelical it will all go away! This accelerates the decay.

>Maybe if we all become EO /tradcath/hardline evangelical it will all go away! This accelerates the decay. societal healing.

FTFY.
Jesus loves you!

Attached: feedingthemultitudeFlyer.jpg (490x600, 126.19K)

Thank you. A couple more questions just because I'm concerned.
When I first learned about the real presence I had taken communion at that church a few more times first, trying to appreciate it more. I don't remember if I had learned about the sin and confession requirements yet, so I'm worried I may have messed up there.
Was it a sin when I partook in communion the times I've been to Catholic mass? Because I know at least there it wasn't grape juice but I think this was before I heard of the real presence.
If I go to the church I was raised in again before I find a new denomination, should I avoid partaking in their communion? I don't think anyone has declined to there.
Last question. If I don't know a priest who does traditional confessions, can I confess directly to God in prayer? That's what I've been doing. Is there a proper/improper way to do so?

What are the Lutheran churches that are closest to non-protestant that teach the theology? The only Lutheran denomination I know about is the Missourio Synod due to Lutheran Satire, but I don't actually know the details beyond it's name. (Serious question, are they only in Missouri or is that just where they formed?)

I don't know if it's the same for other protestants, but in my case the reasoning is that once you worry about your protestant denomination being possibly incorrect, and you fear misconstruing God's teachings or just missing something important. So I tried to find the most accurate Church, something with good Bible translations, Christian traditions, and access to theology. In my case and I expect others, the first Church we think of is the Catholic Church, because it's the oldest and many protestants (myself included until going on this board) haven't even heard of the Eastern Orthodox Church. Though they don't immediately start going to a Catholic church, because there's a lot going on there and it's a big step changing denominations and you want to make sure to find what you believe to be the right one. So some people start looking at Eastern Orthodox as an alternative once they learn about it as a non-protestant church that separated earlier, or they look at Lutheran churches because they aren't sure if he was right about his grievances, but it seems more likely than any of the other protestant denominations that broke off after.
tldr; I think most protestants that try to find another denomination are most likely to look at the Catholic, Orthodox, and Lutheran churches. (I know there are different kinds of Lutherans. Are there different kinds of Catholics or Orthodox that I should know about when looking into them?)

#mustBelieveExactlyThisBeforeYouCommune

Y'know, I don't remember this from Paul's admonitions to the Corinthians

You're welcome. Good luck and enjoy the Mass Lutheranbro

Because he relied on Christ. Not Aristotle.

If you didn't know the rule forbidding you, then it was not a mortal sin. One of the requirements for a mortal sin is that it was committed knowingly.

You should avoid taking communion anywhere you do not agree 100% with their doctrine. Part of taking communion is saying "I believe in what this congregation believes; I am a part of this community." If you're not part of that community, don't take communion.

Of course! Though I find it hard to believe you can't find a single priest anywhere to hear your confession.

To pray to God for forgiveness? Not really.
To confess to a priest? Yes, but it's different denomination to denomination.

There are different Catholic and Orthodox rites, but the differences are cultural, not doctrinal. Don't worry about them.

NO YOU CAN'T user!
it is forbidden. You are in mortal sin. The mortal sin of heresy.
I'm sorry but there cannot be intercommunion between denoms.
I'm not sure that that is true, but I've heard some cardinals that were going nuts over some of the Pope's actions.
Tldr: don't do it.

Fix your life.