Does the Catholic Church have any official stance or ruling on the charging of admission prices to enter certain...

Does the Catholic Church have any official stance or ruling on the charging of admission prices to enter certain touristic attraction churches?

Attached: la-sagrda.png (1296x723, 169.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

basiliquenotredame.ca/en/messe-de-noel-2018-billets-sont-en-vente
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why are you asking here? Can't you just Google it?

That's up to the parish.
The Church has no saying in that as far as I know.

Does this only happen on the Island of Mallorca?

Attached: 201604_LLIBRE_FAULI_016.jpg (960x1200, 292.36K)

If you don't like the thread just hide it.

Jesus had an official stance against this

People even gave their money to the synagogues. In fact Jesus praises a woman who gives every penny she has vs the rich fags that give only a littler compared to what they have.
Are you ok?

And besides its not the point of this thread. That church is also a monument and a museum so it's fair that people pay something to appreciate the art and there are many workers there that need money in the end of the month.

But idk, it doesn't feel right. Wouldn't it be better to ask for donations?

Its nothing religious tbh. During the offertory in mass yeah its a donation.
Idk man. Just think of it like a museum.
There are people there working to preserve that place and the works of art there and they need for in their tables in the end of the month.
It would be wrong to force people to pay to go to Mass there, but you only pay of a tour of the monument.

Tourists are paying to walk around and look at shit. The majority of them are probably atheistic, secular people. That money contributes to upkeep on those locations so that the faithful can continue to attend Mass, which they are not charged to do. This is not a controversy.

Ok, so is there any ruling on charging for people to attend Mass?

Its bad, mass should be free.
But they're not charging for mass right

I've never heard of it.

It literally does not happen, as I said in the post you're replying to.

Wrong. Many churches, especially famous churches, will make people buy tickets for Easter and Christmas mass. Cathedrals and basilicas aren't even being run as churches anymore, just as money-making operations for the diocese.

Here's just one example from the city I used to live in:
basiliquenotredame.ca/en/messe-de-noel-2018-billets-sont-en-vente

So they are charging people money to attend a mass for which attendance is literally an obligation under pain of mortal sin. Nope, nothing corrupt or un-Christian here! Jesus totally would have approved of this!

And btw, this basilica normally has its doors locked 24/7 and you are only allowed to enter during certain "tourist hours" during the day by paying a fee.

In this case yes it's wrong or even a sin.

Is it forbidden by Canon Law?

Attached: 1501450475330.jpg (724x662, 114.64K)

Most churches in Italy have no fee to visit them. I can’t speak for other Countries.

A lot of churches in Prague charge admission for visitors.

I do not know what official stance is but I know what my stance is: screw "museum optics". The church is not a museum, nor it is an attraction for atheists to go to to see art, it is house of the Lord. The art is an expression of faith in God, it has transcendental value. If you do not believe in God it is curious you want to see sacral art in the first place. But whatever. People can go inside, they may of course contribute to church repairs whatever. They may see the art for all I care
BUT! when I see boards with "explanations" everywhere, the corridors made for "visitors" in the church I literally feel anger and think all that crap should be thrown out, just like Jesus drove the money changers from the temple. THere are few churches that literally seem to be a caricature of a museum in my area. Visitors have no grounds going there when there is a mass yet they often even do that.. The church should stay church. Making it into a museum because "muh tourists" "muh shekels" equals to making it a tourist attraction.
I am aware there are churches that maintain this in dignity (no stupid boards, no allowing in tourists during mass, no _corridors" etc.) but if you've been to a place that makes it into a tourist attraction you know that it is essentially insulting God.

I don't think there's even a part covering it. It's assumed no one has to pay for Mass.
But they can claim based on state laws that that is a museum. The company behind it doesn't need to be connected to the Church.

Nice bait. The dual connevant theory has been condemned several times, although jesuists specially in America with the help of the USCCB are trying to push that narrative.

How can one seriously and unironically claim a church is a museum? Maybe a church treasury, but a church building?

Age old building with an extraordinary architectural value etc etc.
This kinds of churches are ran economically by fellowships who run the business and take care of the place.
In my village there's one that takes care of the local basilica, but they rely only on donations.
The church OP talks about probably doesn't even belong to Rome anymore (the property I mean) it must belong to the state or some company.

I think this is bad, because everyone must have access to Mass. They can't force people to pay to get the blessed Sacrament.

Serioiusly though, didn't we have this same thread last week? We are you heretics coming from?

The issue is that these building require upkeep and maintenence. Most of the tourists aren't even Catholics, so should the laity fund the upkeep and cleaning up after these people? No reason not to make them chip in a little.