What do you guys think about the Seventh-Day Adventist Church?

What do you guys think about the Seventh-Day Adventist Church?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (225x225, 8.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mycobacterium_tuberculosis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellen_G._White
vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s1c2a1.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Legalism based on OT customs. Jesus said no one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back.

What about Matthew 5:17?

I think it's self explanatory. Why do you think it means we are still under the old law?

He fulfilled the law. So rest in Him, He is the Sabbath.

Which of the two old laws? The Decalogue or the Ceremonial Laws (Moses Law), which were abolished on the cross? There is not much to fulfill in the Decalogue, since it is basically a tutorial of "how to know if you are loving God above all things and loving your neighbor as yourself.".

Legalism is believing that if you obey the laws you will gain salvation, which is not true, because it doesn't matter much to fulfill the Decalogue out of formality and not to love God.

Also, the inverse extreme of legalism is also not correct, because saying that you love God and do not fulfill His law shows that you do not really love God.

Jesus said to the Samaritan woman that a time would come (and we are living in that time now) where we would worship God in Spirit and in Truth. The prophet Jeremiah spoke of a new covenant that God would make with His People where He would write his laws in our hearts.

Also if you're in the business of cherry picking verses out of the Buble instead of reading it in it's entirety you're going to get your ass banned pretty quickly. So I suggest you stop listening to some unqualified creepy pastor with some agenda who's handing you these talking points and read the entire Bible for yourself.

They claim they have a new prophet and its a winnie the pooh woman.
Enough said tbh.
There are just slightly less retarded than the Jehovah witnesses.

The most Christian of the unchristian Christian groups like the Mormons and JWs. People get distracted by their focus on the OT and forget that they literally think their founder was a new *prophet*.

There are prophets of God these days as laid out in the NT, but she was a false prophet

Judaizers.

I've already read the whole Bible, I'm not randomly choosing passages.

I don't know how that abolishes the decalogue, really.

Did you at least read any of his books? The way it says how a family should be structured is pretty based for me.

What is a judaizer to you?

>>>/christ/

Attached: spiritual-blindness.jpg (402x600, 26.19K)

What a good argument.

It's associated with freemasonry tbh

Pretty much gave birth to some of the looniest cults from America (Davidians, Jehovah's Witnesses)… even if on it's own, it isn't as bad as all of them. Or maybe they were all "Adventist", I should say.. and the 7th Day ones seem like the most normal branch.

I couldn't care less about her being based.
Christianity is about the truth, not some gal's opinions.

Their church is based on an idiotic conspiracy historicsl narrative.

Please lurk more

"old law" has been standard Christian terminology for millennia to describe the old covenant

There's nothing in the decalogue about keeping the 7th day sabbath. It states that six days we are to labor, and the seventh to rest, but it does not qualify which days within the week these are to fall upon. While under the old law the sabbath was on the 7th day of the week in memoriam of the creation of the world, since the resurrection of Christ the sabbath was moved to the 1st day in memoriam of the new creation. This is revealed in the New Testament when it shows the apostles worshipping on sunday, the Lord's day.

Their prophetess set our faith back by a century by plagiarizing John Milton's work.

< 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns.
It states clearly that the seventh day is the Sabbath.

Yeah, although literally that doesn't happen anywhere in the NT.

Not really, only if you are talking about Kellogg, who was excommunicated by Ellen White herself.

Her opinions were based on the Bible, and some of her prophecies, which are the most controversial thing about her, have already been fulfilled today.

Where?

They're a cult that makes my state somewhat worse.

vegans/vegetarians, and scientists have shown that that type of diet turns you into a retard because of the lack of b12. So if you have no problem with turning into a retard, it might be an ok church

They are a judaizing heretics.
I have a friend I hope the conversion will resolve the issue. They're almost as retarded as JW. Each discussion with my friend ends up by me having a headache.

Such as…

I mean, they're responsible for the creation of the JWs, and the Branch Davidians. They bear a lot of bad fruit to be honest.

The First and Second World War in Testimonies Vol 1 and Evangelism. In Selected Messages vol 3, there is a prediction of the atomic bomb.

The growth of spiritism and its approach to the Christian world (Pentecostalism) in Early Writtings.

How Protestantism and Catholicism would later begin to form bonds through ecumenism (something impossible to happen at that time) in The Great Controversy.

That's not to mention his teachings on health that were only confirmed by science many years later.

Jehovah's Witnesses are to Adventists what Protestants are to the Catholic Church. One came out of the other, but that doesn't mean they agree, quite the opposite, actually.

I admire their dedication to clean living but isn't Ellen White a prophet to them?

Yes.

I'd like to see some quotes. Only then I can judge, bevaus ei can say some random Hindu prophet also predicted the wars and etc.
She must have lived in a parallel universe.
Things that will never happen unless prots cease to be prots.
The what?
I'd really like quotes about this lol.

Early Writtings, The Great Controversy, Testimonies Vol 1 and Evangelism are some of her books.

You are kidding with me right? These are prophecies? Wtf man.
About the war its the most generic shit I've ever read. Who knew there was going to be more wars and suffering?
Everyone knew it was a drug just like alcohol and potentially dangerous.
For example try to chew lots of tobacco and see what happens to you. Don't do it you might die.
Although she is right this is a fact well know from her time.
But she is wrong claiming the bacteria that causes tuberculosis comes from meat and was discovered late in the 19th century while she was a young lass. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mycobacterium_tuberculosis
More germs is a very broad definition. How can that even be applied to viruses I don't know. One thing I know is that they don't come from the flesh of animals, although some chemicals (which are not germs) might provoke thanks to the industrial production of livestock that begun in the 19th century.
>

One thing more
Lmao this lady should go back to middle school biology classes.
Ever heard about hormones and chemicals in the blood stream oh Holy prophet?

I'm guess that it was in reply to

You didn't get the sarcasm.
What I mean is that nothing you posted is prophetic. Somethings are common sense and others half truths of already known things from her time.
She errs in every try to look scientifical btw.

I'm not that guy. Look at the IDs. I was just giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I never look at IDs because I'm retarded.

My only real problem with them is that a lot of their founders denies the Trinity.

So… Making that post, you didn't even give yourself the job of examining what public health was like at that time? Many are common sense today, not in those days. Medicine did not know the dangers of tobacco in 1864, nor did it know that sunlight killed bacteria.

The coffee one just noticed that I didn't put in the entire citation.

That's true, but the pioneers didn't believe in the Sabbath either until the seventh-day Baptists explained it to them. They also didn't believe in vegetarianism at first. Their knowledge of the Bible expanded over time.

I meant common sense even in those days man. What do you think people in the 19th century were? Cavemen?
>inb4 everyone with a minimum of scientific knowledge knows that, dumbass
I say that everyone who is addicted in coffee knows its harmful. I don't need a prophet to tell me that.
Did you ever chew tobacco?
Every grandma knows how it's important to put sheets at the sunlight and to air the bedrooms.
But wasn't Ellen inspired by God when she said that? God needs to go back to school then.
Its a different disease from the human tuberculosis, although I agree with her that many meats make you sick, but that's obvious to anyone that has seen how animals are treated in slaughter houses and the chemicals they inject in them.
>One thing I know is that they don't come from the flesh of animals
I was talking about viruses here.
The same chemicals they inject animals with can make cancer on humans.
I can even give this one to her, let's assume it, but she tries to be specific and errs on it. She should have just said meat nowadays may cause cancer.

Basically she just says thing irrelevant of religion and spirituality.
They are basically old sayings of the lady. Nothing more nothing less.

Looks like your text interpretation rusted here.

No, and apparently the medicine of that time didn't either. Her book was launched (but no written) in 1905, the first study on tobacco was done in 1920 by Germans, only in 1954 did a study about its dangers appear in the British Medical Journal.

No. She wrote his health books because it is the duty of a Christian to take care of his body as the temple of the holy spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19).

The prophecies I sent you are only the tip of the iceberg (although it seems very generic to you those of wars, I do not know why, since they clearly speak of a world war. Anyway, it was not his mission to predict wars, her mission was to warn Christianity about the tricks of Satan). Only by reading her entire books will you understand the full extent of her teachings, you cannot simply judge that they are irrelevant by those few citations I sent you.

What about ecumenism? Will it only happen if Protestants stop being Protestants? My friend, then I think they are no longer Protestants, since ecumenism has been happening since Vatican II.

You are not everyone.

?
People started chewing tobacco before smoking it.
Doctors who write books are prophets now. Cool.
She just says there will be a war and lots of people will die and suffer.
I shall do the same thing now. It was revealed to me that a great war will happen. I don't know when or how but it will and lots of people will die. Once the WW3 happens you will see I was right.
Why didn't you post the best prophecies then?
Yet she rejected lots of doctrines Christianity holds sacred since the very beggining.
This board is the proof that protestants are alive and kicking.
And what did you think the church did in the Vatican II. Is it sinful to hope and try to get the stray sheep from our flock to come back to the Catholic Church? And btw we failed. The conversion of prots is being done only at an individual level and at parish level in the case of Anglicans.
Then start drinking coffee like a madman and this time Ellen White's prophecies will come true. I'm sure of it.

Stop responding to SDAs and heretics. Don't feed them.

I think one must try to put some sense in their heads, but people who get into this personality cults need shock therapy to get rid of it, so this threads yeah are kinda pointless.
Polite sage

Oh right, you're actually retarded.

He said that first there will be a terrible war, then there will be a short time of peace followed by a worse war, which all nations will get involved in.

She did exactly the opposite.

Isn't that what happened. Why don't you stop being dishonest?

Do you want me to upload the entire Great Controversy in one thread?

Sage because this discussion isn't going to lead anywhere.

Apart from regarding White as a prophet what makes SDA heretical?

See: the rest of this thread.

Some of the founders denied the Trinity
They don't believe in particular judgment
Hold the sabbath although St. Paul says you don't need to
They believe the punishments of hell aren't eternal and that the people there will disappear after a while.
+
Every other protestant heresy of course.

Read the sabbath thread.

What do you mean by that?

Yeah, we don't believe in pagan philosophies of soul immortality.

Several of the fathers of the church preached Arianism and not even for that reason the Catholic Church today denies Trinitarianism.

Also, the Catholic Church, as well as the Adventist Church, believe that God's revelation is given progressively. Your argument is not valid.

Read the sabbath thread.

You lack knowledge of Adventist doctrine.

Eternal Punishment is not in the sense that you want to imply. As it says in 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9, it is an eternal destruction without the right to a second chance. In 2 Peter 3:1-13, Eternal Condemnation is compared to the flood, which left no survivors except Noah and his family.

Barely Nicene and by extension barely Christian. They teach bizarre doctrine on many issues and consider Ellen White to be a prophet (she wasn't).
If you're seriously considering becoming Adventist you could do a lot better in a different denomination.

They are way less screwed up than they could be considering they're based on a false prophetess' teachings. They at least don't call White's writings scripture. They do call her a prophet, though, which is wrong. They affirm the trinity, although it's debatable whether White and early Adventists did or not. Their views on prophecy are unique nowadays but actually every major protestant denomination used to teach a similar system. They recommend vegetarianism based on White's teachings but don't require it.
Ellen White started having her visions after a head injury when she was 9. For this reason I think she may not be entirely to blame for believing herself to be a prophet. I think she genuinely saw visions but that they were a result of head trauma, not a miracle.
Basically Adventists have some odd and wrong ideas, but are not comparable to Mormons or JWs, and a lot of them are probably saved. Don't become one, but if you meet them be nice to them.

King James wrote about it too. Doesn't make him a prophet.

Attached: 895baf5ed071ac678610228773313ba7.jpg (800x1146, 134.22K)

Considering the physical manifestations that occurred during her visions, it seems unlikely. If memory serves, there was a story when Ellen White began preaching that her visions had already been sent to a man before but he refused to tell them to the church out of fear and God told him that he would send them to someone much weaker than himself.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellen_G._White

Non Sanctus Est

That reminds me of one time when two preachers who were against Ellen White decided to preach in a church where she was one night. Ellen White began to have visions while they sang hymns, so the two preachers accused her of being possessed and to prove it, they decided to put a Bible in front of her. Ellen White took that bible, lifted it over her head and opening a page she began to read the page without looking.

I don't remember what book that story is in, later I' m going to look for it here if you want.

You guys aren't even trying.

Attached: 1519324605554.png (640x542, 11.24K)

Yeesh. Please do

Stop right there

No they didn't. What the winnie the pooh?
Arius is not a church father wtf.
No we don't. Who taught you that?
Revelation ended with the last apostle's death.

Seventh-Day Adventism teaches that keeping the Sabbath on Saturday is necessary. This is easily disproved by Romans 14:5-6 and Colossians 2:16-17.

Also, Seventh-Day Adventism teaches that keeping the Sabbath on Sunday is the mark of the beast. It's clearly stated in the book of Revelation that if you don't accept the mark of the beast, that you won't be able to buy or sell. Everyone who refuses to keep the Sabbath on Sunday is still able to buy or sell.. so it's pretty clear that this doctrine is bologna.

I confess that I made a mistake here, it wasn't Arianism, everyone believed in something different.

Barnabas believed that Abraham already knew the Greek language séculos before this being invented.

Clement of Alexandria practiced pagan liturgies and believed that Plato was a prophet.

Ignatius considered the Roman bishop as if he were God himself.

Justin was a millenarian, he believed that the sun was created by God to be worshipped and that demons were created by the union of women and angels.

Tertullian became a montanist and founded his own sect, and among the heresies he taught, he said that animals knelt and prayed, and he said that women were to blame for the fall of angels.

A catholic priest.

Kek, then why don't you believe in Sola Scriptura?

He was wrong. vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s1c2a1.htm

St John of the Cross' comment:

Did you know that in the Greece of apostolic times, if a woman preached it probably meant that her husband had not memorized what he should say?

Messenger of the Lord, p.140 and 141

I am not saying that Catholics/Adventists support the existence of a "Bible, part 2," as Mormons say, by progressive revelation I mean that Christians increasingly understand the meaning of the Bible as time goes by, abandoning erroneous assumptions.

All they have to do is be graced by God and drop a dependence on outside frameworks to understand the Bible (i.e. especially bringing in pagan or atheistic philosophical presuppositions..).

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." - 1 Cor 2:14

As as far as progressive revelation in Catholicism goes, this trend continues. It's what created Vatican II. They still aren't trimming the fat of wrong assumptions.. but just replacing the fat with even worse assumptions (historical-criticism, for example).

Are you referring to the Catholic Church or the Adventist Church?

The modernist V2 Catholic church. They set out to redefine their approach on some things, but they made things worse, and adopted some poor assumptions (at least when it came to the Bible). Don't know much about Adventists, other than the cults they spawned.

MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
sshifsdsfddfs

MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED

MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED

MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED

MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED
MODS ARE KIKED

SDA is literally an anti-Catholic religion and so far I have not won any ban. I don't understand why they say there is censorship here.

Absolutely nothing to do with the faith whatsoever. Also "séculos" bem vi logo que tinhas de ser um protestante brasileiro.
LOL
He held him in high regard, not as a prophet.
Besides most fathers believed that the sybilas were gentile prophets and tbh it had to be a winnie the pooh coincidence not to be. However its a different kind of prophet from the Bible.
Top kek of course he did. Why don't you actually read what he says. Lol the lies they've told you.
Right about that. Saints can be wrong about minor things you know?
Its true
Why do you lie so much?
You mean the Nephilim. Some Fathers specially the Greeks gave some credit to the book of Enoch.
He explicitly denied the Catholic faith. Thus what he said later has nothing to do with us. He became an heretic like you.
Wrong. It was prescillia, the Ellen White of the 3rd century.
He wasn't a Catholic anymore. Couldn't care less.
Sure he did, or the Brazilian church is worse than I taught.
Because our sacred Tradition was passed by the apostles to the Bishops until this day.
Again is this bait? You look like a newbie into theology.

Except you're talking shit of or ass.
Explaining things better/by other words isn't new doctrine.
Was Nicea and Ephesus new doctrine too?

>

No, he is not.

No, it's not the same, if he were speaking in a figurative sense that would make sense, but he clearly isn't.

Some Adventist pioneers didn't believe in the trinity, notice the some. Some didn't believe on the Sabbath either, there were even those who didn't believe in Ellen White, that doesn't make Adventist beliefs wrong, just as those "little mistakes" of the saints don't make the beliefs of the Catholic church wrong, in your opinion.

Anybody can make a mistake. I think it was at CACP that I read that about Arianism, but now it seems to me that it wasn't about the fathers of the church.

That's what you alone think he is.
Like you don't even bother to read the whole book.
Let me just pick up this sentence that isolated looks stupid.

Every adventist teaching that differs from the Church is wrong and its been proved all over this thread.
All you can do is to claim shit without any proof.

I think you're blind.

Dude, what are you talking about? The subject doesn't even get to be about false gods or not, it explains that Jesus is more powerful than the sun god, but makes it clear that the sun is the object of worship. It does not say "the Gentiles used the sun as an object of worship" or "the sun is a false god and therefore no one dies for it", it says "the sun was created by god to be worshipped, but no one would die for it because Jesus is more powerful than the sun". I don't know what mental juggling you want to do.

*that the sun

*God
That's what I get for writing fast.

Attached: bb37726aa432c655c2195602ad865e5cf9d17a40fc8f49ea2b5e435c703a480d.jpg (1024x576, 65.28K)

Attached: 1539013584758.jpg (349x380, 47.05K)

Attached: a6ff6ae3572c2026a9287b61efd836be06d74ae7070f660ed35d422f9d598781.png (1280x720, 376.75K)

Lurk moar.

Attached: 1529612368001.jpg (845x883, 141.33K)

This pretty much sums them up, it's a weird denomination

Heretical, but Desmond Doss and Ben Carson are pretty cool

Oh, you're going to defend Historical Criticism now? And doubting divine inspiration of holy scripture is merely evolving to a new doctrine? You equate this with Nicea? Really? Literally defending the nature of Christ to DOUBTING Christ? This is magically the same?

Come on now.

Go ahead and defend Catholicism, but don't defend this trash. Perhaps you're naive and don't know just how damaging historical-criticism is. But I assure you, it comes from no holy place.

Stop cursing too.