Pope Francis signed a lambo

Catholic friends,

How on earth is this justified?

What the actual bleep?

facebook.com/Lamborghini/posts/2973313799360887

Attached: 154265083387010459.jpg (1331x1634 348.46 KB, 1.1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

omaze.com/experiences/pope-francis-lamborghini
newadvent.org/cathen/06375b.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Isn't this for a charity fundraiser?
More importantly, why do you care? If the Vatican was paying for the car I'd see some problem but he's just signing it.

BASED

I am putting in my entries right now!

Luke 6
35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

Matthew 6
2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Why can't people just donate to the cause and receive, perhaps some signed papal memorabilila? Why is the pope encouraging people to lust after worldly goods such as a luxury car?

Shoot I am just looking for the resell value if I win. I live in the country, I can't take that thing down my driveway, it would bottom out.
If I won, I would give the profit from selling it to the IOCC. t.ortho

I agree that charity shouldn't be for selfish aims but on the other hand this cause will likely get people to donate who wouldn't have otherwise.

Pragmatism and utilitarianism are totally incompatible with the Bible and Christianity.

The pope should be encouraging the spiritual growth of his flock, not catering to selfish desires just to increase income. He is basically running a lottery, this is shameful. How can you not see that?

Explain how. Is it because it's a lambo? You're reading way too much into things. An act of charity is an act of charity. I don't think any of them the had sinful intentions in mind. Unless lamborghini does shady things with the donated money, I don't think there's evil in this.

No I'm not. Everyone buys a lottery ticket, one person wins the lambo.

omaze.com/experiences/pope-francis-lamborghini

You can even buy more than one ticket ("entry") to increase your chances of winning! This is exactly like a lottery, period.

State lotteries go to good causes too you know. This is encouraging Catholics to gamble with thinly veiled "charity". This is shameful.

To be fair, Lamborghini is a car company founded and based in Italy so having an Italian Pope sign it is not too far out. It's not like the Pope goes around signing luxury cars.

Every pope is an Italian pope. Francis was born in Argentina, but all popes live in Rome. His parents may have been Italian, but that doesn't make him Italian.

The fact that he doesn't go around signing luxury cars often is what makes this alluring to the world and the collectors thereof, thus encouraging more people to gamble on this lottery as they expect the car to rise in value.

Gambling isn't even a sin in catholicism, unless you indulge in it.

Couldn't the wrong person driving a car signed by a Pope send a bad message?

Does your church not do raffles?

Well that the speculators fault isn't it. Perhaps Pope Francis wasn't fully thinking through the ramifications of signing the car. Again, signing a flagship car from a company founded in his home country can be seen as more of an innocent thing. If Pope Francis signed a BMW then it would be in poor taste.

The muslims on this board think that gambling is haram.

Would you be okay with an American pope (implying there will ever be one, maybe Pope S. J. Martin) signing a Lamborghini because his parents were Italian immigrants and that's his "homeland"?

Would it matter? The proceeds would go to charity regardless. It would be one thing for Lamborghini to pocket all the cash, but instead they are giving it to a charity. I don't even like the Pope but give the guy a break. He is doing a good for those in need.

It's not like the Pope is robbing a bank or selling kids to achieve his charitable work, he is just putting his signature on a car. Don't let your hatred for one man distract you from God's greatest commandments.

You're the one who brought up the homeland thing and said it would be tasteless for him to sign a BMW. I think him signing any vehicle for sale by lottery is tasteless in the extreme.

Apparently Catholics don't consider gambling a sin, I didn't know that. I know I sure consider it one.

This is your brain on protestantism

The decrees of local councils on the matter of gambling are almost unanimously against it, but as of now it is not expressly forbidden by any canon. The issue is somewhat complex given similarities to insurance or investment, insofar as money is put down in hope for a return under unknown future circumstances, yet given that gambling undoubtedly constitutes a love of money and worldy pleasure, nobody, even in the secular sense, needs to be told it's sinful.
newadvent.org/cathen/06375b.htm

What?

Attached: 1539030608491.gif (446x469, 1.17M)

Matter is evil the thread.
I guess that making expensive cars is a sin now.
Besides the pope didn't even kept it (although he should have. Would make a great pope mobile).
With his signature it was sold for twice the price and the money went to charity.

Correction. Didn't know it was on a lottery. Even better even I can win it.

Is the Pope selling his signiture to Lambo? Or is he just signing it in good faith?

He is signing it so people can play a lottery to get it, and the money goes to charity.

Attached: Roth1.jpg (210x330, 32.66K)

I can't believe Francis, this is absolutely disgusting. What's he gonna do next? Heal people on the sabbath?

Gambling is wrong even if the proceeds are used for good.
Jesus did not teach pragmatism.

Like an idiot who misquotes scripture is going to tell me what Christ taught.
Go read your Bible and stop spazzing over harmless charity.
Moron.

Gambling, as long as it doesn't become a vice or winnie the poohs up your life and those around you, isn't a sin. /Islam/ is that way.

Thousands of years of history have lead to this moment

Attached: kcuf.png (102x152, 37.63K)

Nope, hes just going to say that drumpfs wall is racist then go kiss some more muslim refugee foot.

"My goodness, you people are dumb sometimes"

So he's signing it in good faith.

>the protty says, as his church is infiltrated by women who preach the bible and allow abortion to happen because (((God's chosen))) said so

I'm pretty sure there were pedos and occultists in the Church before Francis. Also, I don't think Francis ever kissed a Quran.

What's the difference between this, and people selling "Jesus inspired" portraits on ebay?

Pope isn't selling the car, he's blessing it of sort?

Exactly. It's not his car and he's not selling it. There's also literally nothing wrong with him blessing it. I had my priest bless my truck to keep my family safe during our travels.

Because he's an atheist.

Satanist Cathar proddy go home.

It really isn't defensible. Even if it is done for some charitable cause the Vicar of Christ is whoring out his position to Capitalists and materialists. I'd love to see Francis defend his approval of worldly decadence, but it'll never happen.

Because catholics are the biggest liars and hypocrites. You have to remember that these are people who refer to mortal men that aren't their biological father, or God, as father. These are people who edited commandments so they can worship pics and statues. These are people who welcome sodomites and pedophiles into their ranks. Disgusting pagans.

Maybe not the most Catholic way to go, but at least it’s not founding or supporting a demonic or Talmudic agenda…

Lol.
Lol what? Read the Bible again and Google veneration of Saints autist.