Coming to Jesus, armed: Virginia Senate OKs guns in churches…

Coming to Jesus, armed: Virginia Senate OKs guns in churches…
"Blessed be the lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle."

archive.today/2019.01.25-170033/https://pilotonline.com/news/government/politics/virginia/article_1113da8a-209d-11e9-847b-c34ec08bfea9.html

Virginians could legally bring their guns to church under a bill that cleared the state Senate this week and sparked an emotional debate over whether packing heat in a house of worship constitutes a snub to the Almighty. "Psalm 46 said, 'God is our refuge and strength,'" Sen. Lionell Spruill Sr., D, said as he argued against the measure Thursday. "Now we are saying with this bill, we no longer trust in God." The bill repeals a law thought to date to Colonial times which makes it a misdemeanor to "carry any gun, pistol, bowie knife, dagger or other dangerous weapon without good and sufficient reason, to a place of worship" during religious services.

While Virginia has a strong gun culture and some of the nation's most lax firearms laws, churches have been gun-free zones - although the "good and sufficient reason" language offers a loophole. In 2011, then-Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli, R, issued an opinion that the ban would not apply to someone with a concealed-carry permit. Some Republicans contend that makes the existing law unenforceable. They also said plenty of Virginians are already coming to Jesus (or Allah or whomever) armed. Sen. Richard Black, R, wants to repeal the law. He made note of mass shootings at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin in 2012 and at an African Methodist church in South Carolina in 2015 as he pitched his bill on the Senate floor.

Attached: il_fullxfull.1367159137_8xbv.jpg (2289x3000, 604.52K)

Zig Forumsristians sound off

Attached: 93895BB7-C1D0-4205-8C00-D0778BC3BD1B.jpeg (244x206, 14.92K)

God how I wish I could live in a back water american country.

Begome :-DD

It is pretty winnie the pooh cool sometimes lol

This is already the norm all over the South

No it isn't. People don't take their guns to church. I grew up in a tiny 2,000 person East Texas town and nobody ever came to church armed. Because it's stupid.

How can the senate tell churches what to do? If a church doesn't want guns, the state can't force them to allow it. First Amendment.

A church cannot infringe upon the second amendment right of its members. A “gun-free zone” is just a hunting preserve anyway.

The ideal would have been for this to be decided independently as is commonly done with other private establishments.

The problem in this country and the world for that matter is too many private entities want to behave like their own nation and circumvent the nation's laws as much as they can.

This would be useful toward protecting from tragedies like those which have been occuring recently, that is what the weapons are there for after all.

A church is private property. Just like I can tell you to not bring guns into my house, a church can tell you not to bring guns into the building. Your rights end where mine begin.

Such is also why some churches have not been able to be used as refugee sanctuaries.

i'm a damn yankee so they won't let me have a real gun

i-is that a threat?

I grew up in a 1,000 person north Oklahoma town and nobody ever left home without a piece on them.

Go away satan. You are purposefully misunderstanding him. Sodomy isn't a right. Protecting one's self, property, and family is.

Best Carolina reporting in.

Attached: 1453268718842.jpg (1200x771, 219.63K)

Everyone has a right to protect their selves
In today's world people do crazy things

Savages
People don't know how to fallow the law
The plains are so far spread out you need to arm your self

Agreed. Although I’m biased, of course.

Attached: 35AAAFBA-8DA4-4014-B676-2E66861AE551.jpeg (724x1024, 213.83K)

Yankee-LARPer begone. On topic: its self-defeating to wear a gun to church. It makes sense if you're in a war-zone, but in America?

Church shootings happen. They'll probably start happening more in places like Arkansas, with leftards chimping out over the Ten Commandments statue and the like.

I really wish I lived in a nice place like that.

Church shootings are more rare than school shootings. Just lock it up in your car and pick it up afterwards.

I really don't care. It does me no good in an emergency of it's locked in my car. It's like having a jack for my car and keeping it in my house when I go somewhere.

I don't get why people are getting upset over this. Bringing a gun with you to church isn't about making a statement that you don't trust God to protect you. If anything, I'd feel safer knowing my fellow parishioners also concealed carried firearms.
God protects the people he loves in various ways. Sometimes it's through an armed populace. I'm not going to open carry my L1A1 and start running breach and clear drills to make a scene and show off my sick firepower, but when I get a CCW permit I'll always try to be carrying when I attend church. I love and respect my parish too much to leave them undefended.

Virginian here.

Someone at my church always has a loaded gun. This is a new procedure my church has adopted as of last year. A group of the church elders, in secret, draw straws to see who brings their handgun next Sunday so no one knows who is carrying.

t. cuck church

Attached: cat.png (514x662, 281.16K)

I sure wish my country allowed me to have the ability to defend myself and my fellow brothers

I understand this, I really do (heck, I even sell guns for a living right now) but the prohibition on weapons in churches is ancient. And more morbidly, wouldn't the church be the best place to die in? Gunned down as a martyr while praising the Lord. I'm not saying we should aspire to that fate, but if you have to get shot somewhere why not there?

I carry daily as well, but I leave the gats in the car for church. My state also doesn't allow carry unless authorized by the priest or pastor and my priest hasn't said anything about it nor have I asked.

Dylann Roof

Certainly being a martyr is cool and all but you have to think of the other people, your gun isn't there just to defend yourself.

Sutherland springs

I imagine a bunch of people from Zig Forums going to church armed and thinking they're justified in shooting everyone for "heresy".

BANG
BANG
BANG

I'm sorry, but this isn't Zig Forums. Your delusions mean nothing to us here.r

yeet

Attached: 5F2B9FF9-25B0-4BF7-8088-7CDDCF7C6A6E.jpeg (800x643, 111.02K)

Attached: b95066eaff890ab88b2fadfe29c05f5f4cef91bbaa145a7189adcc8096f39097.png (1250x911, 2.21M)