In shot at Trump, Pope says walls sow fear, divide…

In shot at Trump, Pope says walls sow fear, divide…
When the crowd replied "builders of bridges," Francis replied, "You learned well. I like that."

archive.today/2019.01.25-225037/https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/25/americas/pope-walls-panama/index.html

Panama City, Panama (CNN) — Pope Francis has taken another shot at wall-building politicians, telling thousands of Catholics in Panama gathered for World Youth Day that "builders of walls sow fear" and "divide people." "We know that the father of lies, the devil, prefers a community divided and bickering," Francis told a crowd of tens of thousands of youth Thursday night at a seaside park in Panama City. "This is the criteria to divide people: The builders of bridges and the builders of walls, those builders of walls sow fear and look to divide people. What do you want to be?" When the crowd replied "builders of bridges," Francis replied, "You learned well. I like that."

The Pope's remarks seemed to be a clear reference to President Donald Trump's proposal to build a wall along the US-Mexico border. Trump's demand for $5.7 billion for the wall has led to a partial government shutdown for 34 days and counting. On Wednesday, after Trump tweeted a new slogan, "Build a wall and crime will fall," a journalist on the papal plane asked Pope Francis about Trump's proposal. The Pope said such measures are driven by fear. "It is the fear that makes us crazy." It wasn't the first time Trump and Francis have tussled over the proposed border wall. "A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian," Francis said in 2016. "This is not the gospel." Trump immediately fired back, calling Francis' comments "disgraceful." "No leader, especially a religious leader, should have the right to question another man's religion or faith," he said in a statement.

Attached: Pope_plane_Colombia.jpg (2264x2264, 675.68K)

Too bad he can’t sow obedience amongst the Mexican Catholics.

Yes, and?
The pope is either aware of the intention and goal of destroying the concept of borders (in which case he is supporting a calculated decision or destabilize the US and negatively impact Christians I assumed he cared about) or he isn’t aware (in which case he shouldn’t weigh in)

wtf is wrong with his face? it looks like somebody punched and bruised him

It's an older picture. He was in a minor car accident back in 2017.

Truth be told, neither Trump's nor Francis' comments represent the gospel. Instead, these are the ravings of people who have already gone crazy, trying to solve problems with quack solutions because neither have the courage or ability to so much as put a name to the evil which has beset the west.

Viz. the wall is but a small impediment to a ruling class bent on amassing power from immigrant voters who are even more poorly informed than the native population, Francis' comments about the wall being bad are clear indications that for Francis, the social gospel of liberalism is the superior alternative to the gospel of Christ. In short, Mammon is the new god in town.

Get out of your bullet proof pope mobile.

Mr. Pope
TEAR
DOWN
THIS
WALL

Attached: 2nd_rome_film_festival__aeria_0_1455809553.jpg (1250x625, 299.57K)

Are you okay?

that's their brain on breitbart.

He does.

Attached: 2.jpg (1242x810 76.21 KB, 115.45K)

The point is that every wall is built to protect those inside. Therefore, it's sensible for areas to have it when people demand it. A bikes travels slower than a car, but the basic function of a wheel is to make enable people travel faster.

Nothing crazy about fixing weak borders. It helps both the native and illegal immigrants. Leftists love to feel cozy about allowing illegal immigrants in, but they actually make it worse. Not only are they exploited for cheap labor, they're also attacked by native criminals because they aren't able to report crimes.

Being a good Christian isn't about being a dumb compromising doormat who acts on the whims of leftist propaganda, it's about placing people on the proper path. Leftists never do, they lead everyone astray and exacerbate issues with their falsehood.

He also said economic migrants are present-day Jesus so he can go die in the eternal fire for all I care, I'm done with this communist

See? winnie the pooh you trump ah ah
CNN falls silent.

Hmmmmmm

Him and every other talking face on teevee with the ceremonial blackeye.

Attached: deeply-thoughtful-smoking-anime.jpg (500x751, 91.85K)

Than why is Vatican City Surrounded by walls?

The Vatican has a wall because it was raided by Muslims. Muslims who were following the exact unchanging pattern still followed by murderous pillagers today who cross through the US-Mexico border and the Mediterranean sea for easy hiding and hard patrolling. Wall because the entire sum of all the world's reasoning will not stop those pillagers.

love your work

Attached: lol-anderson-sm.jpg (250x250, 16.16K)

Can we get full transcript or video of things that he said, please? I have seen how media tried to twist words of His Holiness Pope Francis on several occasions already.

^
This; heard enough "half true statements" from the news. Like when they twisted Pope Benedict XVI's words about male prostitutes using condoms… I don't think Pope Francis is a great Pope, but the mass media circus tries its best to make him sound even more liberal and left-leaning.
The Churcj may be a mess, but the fact is still true: there are lots of lies being told about what is going on or blatant exaggerations of reality.

Attached: lie-to-me.jpg (584x409, 32.93K)

Who isn't fine with more Mexican Catholics in the United States? Its far better than the host of Atheistic groups now here.

He's got a look on his face like he just realized he's going to have excise the entire book of Nehemiah from canon.

the problem is that they come in illegally and leech off of our system while also sending the money back in the Mexico depriving Americans their money.

it also doesn't help that human trafficking is way easier to conduct in absence of a wall. Also Christians don't break the law and disrespectful their country's sovereignty.

These illegals are as Christian as Hillary Clinton is president.

Exactly: I am a migrant myself, “catholic” in a Country which is not mainly Catholic and I came here legally and I respect the laws and work a honest job. Plus, too many “catholics” nowadays…who don’t know their own faith or God at all.

And you know what? God bless you and your family for doing it the right way. Im glad you agree that illegal immigration and the crimes that come with it need to be stopped.