Is Football a Christian game?

Is Football a Christian game?

Attached: Patriots-Ram-Super-Bowl-Football.jpg (1862x1048, 319.27K)

St Augustine would identify it as being no different really than the gladiators in the arena. If you want to live well, unplug your TV and read a book is some Christian advice.

No. It's just a game. What you do with it could be either good or bad.

[/thread]
obligatory QTDDTOT

Football is for faggots

It is neither Christian nor anti-Christian. Maybe the cheerleaders and half-time shows and ads could be a problem for Christians. But essentially it is a game which has nothing directly to do with religion one way or the other. I think this is okay.

That's not football to begin with
But in the late Roman empire there were hippodrome hooligan firms that would also fight for theological issues, so take that as you will.

It seems in my more enthusiastic, fresh life as a Christian, I was even more doubtful of things like football than now. Sometimes I wonder if I'm actually better off for lightening up over the years (I don't watch it.. but I don't exactly condemn it either). In those early days, it seems I could barely stand anything that passes for entertainment. My parents thought I was sick. But maybe it's everyone else.. and now my own self.. who are the sick ones. I mean, I ended up resorted to other old habits as time went on.. watching movies again, listening to my old favorite metal bands again.

It's probably all crap. Don't make the same mistake as me. I'm trying to get back to basics as we speak.

This tbh, sports are good when they encourage healthy living and community; when they're trans-national sports empires that employ an army of roided mercenary eeyores to "represent" large regions, not so much.

If their "progressive" PR strategy and homo-halftime shows are any indication, the Negro Felon League doesn't have your best interests at heart.

No because watching a bunch of men get on top of each other and touch each other is gay and gay is a sin.

Your father wiped your butt when you were a baby.

Games are fine.
Gambling is not.

I don't know, but soccer is better. And definitely a Christian game.

Attached: 1425845961711.jpg (675x1013 32.52 KB, 131.95K)

That's not a football pitch dumb ass.

All contact sports are Christian; boxing, American football, football/soccer, rugby…as long as the players and fans are clean, don't act in disrespectful ways and don't bend to PC culture. (which is an hard balance very often)

Is ping pong a Hindu game?

There's nothing intrinsically wrong with sportsball but the idolatry of professional sports in the West is so obviously our Circus Maximus I don't know how anyone with a triple digit IQ can entertain such things. Also, who the hell wants to watch retarded black people do such ultimately meaningless exercises?

Not that I am aware of, no. It seems to be somewhat linked to China, though.

Can we please stop misusing the word idolatry?

No worship = No idolatry. Nobody worships sportsball players.

Definitely.

Attached: Vatican NT.jpg (2048x1459 44.03 KB, 623.23K)

This board is getting worse and worse

This professional sports promote a mobbish mentality by placing stakes and undercutting rivals. Not exactly evocative of charity. All the donations and rags to riches stories of individual athletes are just a form of virtue signaling. Probably more perilous than it is edifying at this point.

Avoiding commercial sports is anti-freedom

ghastly

Rainbow flag stands for many things (I remember it being one of the symbols for South American Indians). Faggots merely usurped the well intentioned symbol, just like the word "gay", that meant happy

What a fag

Bump

Attached: 814_Ball-04.gif (480x270, 6.85M)

Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS):

The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER.

I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body!!

Thank you!!

- CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL)