The Mystery of Pelosi's Favorite Bible Verse: Not in Bible…

The Mystery of Pelosi's Favorite Bible Verse: Not in Bible…
“I can’t find it in the Bible, but I quote it all the time,” Pelosi said as she introduced the quote. “I keep reading and reading the Bible—I know it’s there someplace. It’s supposed to be in Isaiah. I heard a bishop say, ‘To minister to the needs of God’s creation … ’ ”

archive.today/2019.02.04-213257/https://slate.com/human-interest/2019/02/nancy-pelosi-bible-quote-minister-needs.html

Nancy Pelosi addressed a gathering of presidents of Christian colleges this week in Washington, where she thanked the evangelical community for its leadership on immigration and refugee policy reform. To this end, the speaker of the House quoted a favorite bit of biblical wisdom in her opening statement: “To minister to the needs of God’s creation is an act of worship. To ignore those needs is to dishonor the God who made us.” OK, actually, she said, it might not technically be from the Bible. “I can’t find it in the Bible, but I quote it all the time,” Pelosi said as she introduced the quote. “I keep reading and reading the Bible—I know it’s there someplace. It’s supposed to be in Isaiah. I heard a bishop say, ‘To minister to the needs of God’s creation … ’ ” To clarify: It is not “there someplace.” “The Pelosi passage is not in the Bible,” Will Kynes, an associate professor of the Hebrew Bible/Old Testament at Whitworth University, told me by email. The closest analog he could find was Proverbs 14:31, which switches the order of the two main ideas and focuses specifically on the poor: “Those who oppress the poor insult their Maker, but those who are kind to the needy honor him.” Greg MaGee, an associate professor of biblical studies at Taylor University, independently suggested the same verse as the closest approximation of the sentiment in Pelosi’s version.

Pelosi got one thing right: She does in fact “quote it all the time.” The earliest example I found comes from the Congressional Record in 2002, in a speech honoring a prominent Catholic priest in San Francisco who had recently died. “The Bible tells us that to minister to the needs of God’s creation is an act of worship,” she said on the House floor. “To ignore those needs is to dishonor the God who made us.” Between 2002 and 2018, the quote appears 12 times in the Congressional Record, with Pelosi responsible for all but one of the entries. (The other time, Texas Republican Louie Gohmert was quoting Pelosi.) She has deployed it in speeches to recognize genocide in Darfur (“to ignore God’s creation, which are these children, is to dishonor the God who made them”), to strengthen the Endangered Species Act (“to minister to the needs of God’s creation, and that includes our beautiful environment”), twice to honor Catholic schools (“my Catholic education taught me that to minister to the needs of God’s creation”), and to express condolences after the 2004 tsunami in Southeast Asia (“it is appropriate on many occasions, but I thought of it the minute I saw the tsunami”).

It’s easy to see why the line is useful for a politician. It suggests that to do any kind of earthly good—“to minister to the needs of God’s creation”—is a holy act. The quote is a dollop of ancient wisdom on top of a dry discussion of policy. It’s the next best thing to the Prophet Isaiah himself appearing on the House floor to, say, oppose a particular iteration of the Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2013 (“to ignore those needs, as this bill does, is to dishonor the God who made us”).

Attached: 1058677336.jpg.0.jpg (1200x800, 93.09K)

Check the Talmud

Don't know if its there. It doesn't explicitly mention to rape gentile girls.

Where's the news?

Isaiah was chopped in two by his baby killing government and priests.

Wow mods,
Going to defend the jew on this one too? I always knew yee were commies

Kek, it sounds like she confused some bishop's homily with the word of God. It's worth noting that Pelosi once said her Catholic beliefs are why she supports same-sex marriage.
Well, it's been on your mind for at least 17 years. Why don't you open the book of Isaiah and find out?
She reminds me of my Boomer dad, who hears something in the media and, rather than verify it, repeats it a dozen times as if it's fact. Some recent examples come to mind:

Attached: 1324243.jpg (1024x814, 95.68K)

kek

wtf

If she's this lost (especially at this age), then there's no choice but to blame her own bishops and priests for making her ever think this.

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel across sea and land to make a single proselyte, and when he becomes a proselyte, you make him twice as much a child of hell as yourselves."

CINOs [christian/catholics in name only] are the worst kind of snakes in the grass. They make real christians look bad and corrupt the uninformed/young in faith. I'm convinced that OP's plastic whore related is under demonic influence (like the rest of the satanic left) and don't deserve power.

Pray that she and the rest of her (((ilk))) lose the power they don't deserve.

They're not really snakes in the grass, are they? It's all pretty blatant, up to the highest levels.

I'm sorry for pointing that out.. but just saying.

You ain't wrong, but if they were that obvious the normies would have figured it out by now. It's obvious to us because we know better. But most normies have been lied to or know better and don't care.

This is 60% of American Catholics. Welcome to my nightmare reality.

I hope he's on to something.

Attached: 1534966436638.gif (320x180, 1.53M)

You're new, aren't you, user?

This isn't anything new. Pic related details how this has been purposefully going on since the 60s. Without a doubt, these people will be cast into the fires of hell for all eternity with severity in proportion to their specific and general sins.

Whoops

Attached: 41D3 dvRL4L.jpg (347x500, 31.42K)

I'm well aware. Remember, when a Catholic encounters animosity from American Baptists, it's because the Catholic Church was infiltrated much sooner in North America.

As long as we're talking about verses you can't find again or can't quite remember can anyone help? It was something along the lines of how every many times I sink down (or my head goes under) pull me back up Lord. Psalm 69 (or 68 depending on what text you use) comes close but that seems more a one time thing than repeated, or I just conflated two Psalms.

Yikes
What’s next, ban on child rape is discrimination?

Tbh were closer to that than before.

I’m pretty sure she’s a satanist.

Ever wonder why women aren't allowed to be priests? It's because of this. They hold positions on what gives them the most social clout, not what's right.

fpbp

Attached: colephelpshamlet_8674.png (240x204, 122.23K)

Well, she won't be using THAT "Bible" verse anymore

It sounds A LOT like something from the Talmud. I think she got her "Bibles" mixed up.

That said
isn't entiiiiiiiiirely out of step with "love thy neighbour"

Attached: kek-colbert.png (323x438, 133.72K)

Nancy Pelosi Net Worth - US$26.4 million (2013), apparently much higher than that now (I've seen figures from 50 to 100 million. It's all very mysterious).

Being a public "servant" has worked out for her it seems (I'm not criticizing wealth on it's own.. it just doesn't line up with this particular job… or the virtue signaling). The actual salary of a high ranking (minority.. now majority leader) is $193,000.

So goes for all of these humble do gooders. Maxine Waters lives in a 4.5 million dollar house.. that isn't even in her district (can't blame her though.. it looks like a mess). Her salary is $173k.

So if we be generous and say she earns 200k a year, doesn't eat, sleep, pay rent or taxes, then at best, she can earn a humble 25mil in 125 years.
What a hard working woman.

When will the Catholic Church start excommunicating these hack fraud Catholics? NEVER! That's when. I say this as a Catholic. One can safely assume most Catholics, except probably here or at FSSP churches, are milquetoast or satanic at best unless proven otherwise.

It does say its okay to marry girls as young as 3 though

W E W
guess us Christians should submit to the papal authority and not question the king-bishop of the big gay.

Really activates my almonds

Nancy Pelosi is just a Demon taking the form of a Human. Angelic forms can appear as Humans, so that's the same with her.