Hillsong Music

Post your favorite Hillsong worship music

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cFEwV77n1Ng
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Seriously? I came to Zig Forums to get away from this tacky stuff.

Worshiping Christ is never tacky friend. We need more of this stuff to fight the Satanic forces that dominate our culture. Remember the psalms were meant to be sung. Sing the praises of Christ loud and proud, never be made to feel ashamed of your love of Christ

Amen brother!

I don't know if this fits the definition of hillsong worship, but I like this non-chant. Praise the Lord!

BASED AND BREADPILLED

Hell song.
Stay away with that pseudo-christian music. It's a substitute drug for your desire for worldly pop music.
Keep hell and its songs to yourself.

If I'm going to listen to music then it's going to be music about Jesus. Deal with it.

Hillsong is the worst possible example of evangelical worship

I'll admit I'm not totally against Hillsong, I'd rather listen to people worshipping Jesus than yet another song about drugs, women, crime, or whatever they sing about now. I don't think it should belong in a mass, but it has its place.

Exactly. The Bible says to praise the Lord with song and music.

You sound like a Jehovah's Witness.

Song related has literally made me cry irl multiple times. My favorite Hillsong by all measures

Hillsong has a worse reputation than it deserves. Its music is really good and wholesome, and it definitely isn't just pop music reskinned

I cannot fathom any worship group with a more over-inflated reputation than Hillsong

There is no issue using song structures common to pop music. The trouble is the bad theology and the total reliance on emotion, all organized as a performance and not corporate worship.
I'm only objecting to it as worship.

Additionally, the various churches associated with Hillsong are all worldly effeminate Ted talks.

Attached: CjU2lxtVEAEDfg0.png (999x638, 691.19K)

Love that song OP and this one is great too

Much, if any, of these aren't Psalms. They're written by just individuals, and mostly pop music with a religious chorus. Not the Word of God. If I wanted Psalms, there's a Psalter and a church who has been singing them for eons.

And the Hillsong pastor is a heretic. See vid. The guy can't even Rule # 1 right.

It's not my fault that the world is corrupt and Christianity is "muh sekrit club".

This is what the psalms were too when they were written, buddy

No. They are the literal Word of God. And full of prophecies of Christ. Not some singer-songwriter schtick inspired by simple praise.

Is this what Christianity has been reduced to now? The voice of the Holy Spirit just reduced to some mundane instance of "A Star is Born"? Ugh.

I'm a musician myself btw. A guitarist (and other string instruments) going on 30 years.. and it's not a holy endeavor. It's all junk, at the end of the day. Nothing I do on my own would ever reach the heights of praise coming from heaven.

This goes for much of what passes itself off as hymns in most churches btw.. Not just modern Hillsong stuff.

There's nothing wrong with songs proclaiming the glory of Christ, it's encouraged. Stop being a snob, no-ones saying you need to listen to it in your Latin mass.

Wasn't Hillsong involved with some cult or am I thinking of another group?

Pastor Lentz is an epic dude with sick tats who hangs out with Justin Bieber, and his sermons are pretty cool too

I'm not being a snob. I'm simply encouraging people to stop reinventing the wheel. God already gave you a songbook. Use it. The only snobs are the ones who think they can do better.

And I don't go to Latin mass. You must've not been in many, because both Traditional and New masses have a lot of songs with mundane origins, just like historical Protestants (some are great.. and were done by classical musicians.. but they don't have heavenly origins). Only the Orthodox use the psalms exclusively.. or at least have a few monastics who claim they were divinely given some new songs (but that's only a handful).

No, just another psy-op to water down Christ's message with kids. It's Justin Bieber's bro religion.

Attached: bieber.jpg (1280x720, 65.92K)

In 200 years this will be the new Ave Maria

Doesn't matter. Ave Maria is a Schubert song first.. that came from a bigger work about Scotland (the Lady and the Lake). It was only fully adapted from Catholics later. It's not even that old. Psalms are literally thousands of years older.

Even then, Ave Maria is from scripture too. You obviously don't seem to differentiate emotionalism and inspired words of the Spirit. And then call me a snob for pointing this out. I'm not here to be a snob. It's genuinely troubling.

Uh, I obviously can I just deny your assertion that it's wrong to create new pieces of music to honor our Lord and God. Frankly I think you're a bit autistic because creating beautiful works of art, music and architecture has a very long tradition in western Christianity. This is no different, you're just being a Christian hipster and claiming the old shit is better because reasons.

How about…no. This turning christianity into a hippie religion is everything what;s wrong with modern world

Doubt that. our era won't be remembered as great nor its "art" will be upheld so.
I am not advocating against music. Listen what you like but do not call it "worshiping God" or "this will be the new Ave Maria". Most of those songs praise individual who created them, their melody has nothing transcendental, its all physical music made to make you dance. It won't be the new ave maria because its value is low. As the modern architecture churches are. Beauty is not relative, it comes for God. Music that worships God - gregorian chants, Byzantine chants, etc have inner beauty. It is precisely the praising God and his creation that is beautiful about them.
Other music may be beautiful as well - folk music, secular classical music, even rock music in some cases, this rock music too. BUT they praise human being, not God.

puts it well. Peace brother.

Or are you going to tell me that you seriously think that "ave maria" or "agni partene" is as beautiful to you as hillsong. Lol. would not take you seriously if you did of would pity you for having such a low taste, not discerning what actually has value.

Attached: implying.jpg (287x277, 15.42K)

based digits

I love hillsong :)

youtube.com/watch?v=cFEwV77n1Ng

hillsong is more than a church pop band, they are a modernist protestant sect, too modernist even for the actual other protestant sects

i'd stay away

Most protestant sects are premodern, and come from the great awakening in the 19th century. They aren't modernist in any sense.

Attached: 1506219045996.jpg (480x480, 29.11K)

Beware wolves in sheeps clothing.
All is not what it seems in Hollywood.

This board will eat up heavy metal songs and chants, but post a beautiful song worshipping and actually declaring the name Jesus as Savior and you will get ran out of town.

The thing is that I'm not a Prot and I don't like Hillsong as a Church but you can't deny their songs are very beautiful and moving. I gladly listen to their music because it keeps Christ and his love for me at the front of my mind. I don't really see how people here get off on dumping on it especially when you know 90% of the posters here still watch anime and other shit and are hardly monks living an ascetic life anyway.

kek