Demonic Oppression

I'm curious about this topic because I have bipolar and Fr. Ripperger said he believes bipolar is a form of demonic oppression. How do you tell if an affliction is of demonic origin or not? How do you cure/prevent afflictions of demonic origin?

Attached: 256059ca24e5784b3a143b6f0318b70b0cf51a18d77f7f8a3995f294da7e8b7d.jpg (402x402, 55.55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pacinst.com/witch.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You should ask a preist and not a bunch of anons on an italian rosary praying forum.

Lurking

I like Fr Ripperger and agree with him on most things, but he can be a bit of a kook. He thinks Harry Potter spells are real

But they are. They come from witch culture. So in that sense they're real.

I dunno OP, maybe it's a generational spirit. You really are better off asking an actual exorcist than us here on Zig Forums. We don't want to give you bad info and than have you fall into despair.

And dont forget the book is littered with names of real demons. Anything tained with the occult is not good for the soul.

You don't, this requires a priest and a bunch of discernment on their part.

Praying everyday, being clean, restraining from giving into temptation, and fasting.
Going to mass as much as possible.

Real psychological problems =/= demons.
Every exorcist learns how to distinguish the two.

He said it can be a form of demonic oppression. There is a line to be drawn between the psychological and diabolical which Fr. Ripperger emphasises in all of his talks on the subject of exorcism. Also remember, again as he has repeatedly stated, that out of the hundreds of evaluations he performs with regard to claims of possession (roughly three hundred a year), on average only a quarter involve diabolic oppression and but two or three actual possession.

inspired != real

And you can literally summon the demons whit any kind of spell if you really want to. Do you think demons are dumb?

Bipolar is strange though. It's a chemical imbalance that causes fluctuations between mania and depression, not something purely psychological.

Whilst indeed, as stated, there can be diabolic influence, bipolar as a phenomenon, as all human illness, is not strictly preternatural. Hence bipolar persons should seek a doctor before an exorcist.

How do they learn this? I would like to know how to myself.

No quite the contrary actually. I think humans are dumb and demons know this. If they can get us to say their names, it helps them entrench themselves and their impurity into our souls. What better way to brainwash the youth and get them curious about practicing magick than an innocent childrens book written by some CINO like JK Rowling?
This is why all manners of the occult should be avoided. It can stain the soul and grow like a spiritual infection if it isn't treated properly.
An ex-witch sheds light on Harry Potter and occult influence.
 pacinst.com/witch.htm

You have to become a preist and be approved by the Vatican. They will train you from there. You have to remember, you have no direct power over the demons, only Jesus Christ does. Jesus works through you to command and banish demons. If you aren't in a state of grace than you will have no legal ground to banish demons. It's a heck of a lot of commitment and not for the feint of heart or the lukewarm.

As an Italian, this gave me a good chuckle; but I agree: speak with a good spiritual director, OP!

That reminds me of a film about exorcism I watched recently called the The Rite… I wasn't sure if it was going to be any good going in, but I was pleasantly surprised. It's pretty accurate… would recommend.

Attached: 14655454.jpg (2300x1647, 1.24M)

That's definitely a demon.

I might take a look.

no, demonic oppression is a thing

Oppression = external demonic influence.

Would bipolar be possession since it’s internal?

Priestly school.

I think I saw that movie when I was a kid. Isn't it on the same wave as "the exorcist"?
From what I remember they showed some priests in a classroom learning about individual demons as shit like that.
It must be like that irl.

Sounds scary.

The Lord Jesus healed both physical illnesses and afflictions brought on by evil spirits.
With that model in mind, we can be assured that there is nothing which The Lord God cannot oversee and even employ it for His good purposes, redeeming every evil to declare His glorious Grace. For just as we see Christ's sovereign power at work on the blind, crippled and enslaved during His earthly ministry, proving His authenticity as a spiritual teacher; His saving grace to a modern believer gives no less a testimony to His goodness! And moreover, the Scriptures testify that God works everything together for the good of those that love Him, so whether one is suffering from a physical ailment or an act of spiritual oppression, The Almighty has seen fit to allow such circumstances, and will use them to the betterment of the individual believer who suffers them, as well as for The Kingdom.

That being said, allow us to look for a second to the symptoms associated with the Bipolar condition, which was sometimes called 'Manic Depression', and we see those who struggle with it marked periods of intense and inconsolable grief, suddenly taken by intense and irrational confidence that they can do no wrong - these manic periods not only seeing the subject given to spending far too much money and sexual promiscuity, but also a belief that their ideas and thoughts are higher than everyone around them.

Now if we return to looking at the Lord Jesus Christ, we know that He was 'a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief' so the Christian who battles with Depression can be assured that their Lord knows their infirmities, and may even come to an understanding that they are being given the honour of sharing in His sufferings for their sanctification, for in His grief, Christ sinned not but sought to do The Father's will.
Yet as to the Mania and that irrational self-confidence, we know that Christ was the only perfect man, so the Christian might be able to temper the extremes of that unwarranted self-belief by recognising they are not so great that they may do as they will, for even God the Son - though His thoughts were most high, and above everyone else - bowed the knee in humble submission to the Will of The Father.

So returning to the initial concern as to whether Bipolar is a demonically influenced illness, well there's no doubt that those in the throes of Mania are a nightmare to deal with, and it might concern those around them that the things a Manic speaks are one minute depraved, while the next lofty and hyper-spiritual… but… the simple truth is that many folks with Bipolar respond quite well to modern medication which curbs much of their excesses, so it's most likely a physical impairment than a spiritual one.

The demon would be a cuck if he wasnt scary.

Didn’t God say that stuff is evil, pharmakeia or something?

I don't know where this came form but it needs to go back.
Otherwise good post, I guess.

CINO = Christian In Name Only

It's used to describe people that claim to be Christians but are not. Like NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo who brags about his supposed catholic faith while he signs the late term abortion law. These are the people that use Christianity as a means to an end and not as a way to worship and love God.

That's not what he said. These issues can be biological too and he openly says that. If you suspect it might be demonic oppression talk to a priest or better yet a trained exorcist priest. Just know that if you ask a liberal priest he'll probably tell you it's not true, just accept he's wrong and find a more learned priest. God bless.

It's always biological too. Demons can cause afflictions but they have to act within the bounds of nature. Hindering the means of the attack with medication might be slightly helpful but it's always best to expel the entity responsible.

Basically anyone who thinks you can be both Christian and liberal.

So… should someone with bipolar stay on his meds or not?