NDE's

so i was browsing /x/ ( yes, bad, i know), and i saw a thread discussing the existence of God. One poster said that his grandma was a hardcore catholic, that she had "died" and been resurrected several times, but she didn't see anything on the other side…how should we christians look at this?

pic not related

Attached: SMUG.png (3500x2500, 735.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pimvanlommel.nl/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/NDE-NYAS-Experience-Self-article.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment

She didn't actually die.

If it ain’t cellular death, they ain’t dead.

why is that bad? i browse /x/ sometimes and it just makes me shit my pants and want to bathe in holy water. demons are spooky

It's "bad" because most of Zig Forums don't actually believe in the supernatural. They probably think Jesus was some good man and his bones are buried somewhere. They'd rather read a book written by some pedophile priest over reading the actual Word of God.

They're a very confused batch of people.

You've answered yourself.

Do you think this is reddit?
Ironically only pedo priests write books denying the supernatural.
They later get excommunicated or suspended if they don't correct the mistakes though.

its usually prots who deny the supernatural though, and they are rare on Zig Forums. most chan catholics are redpilled on demon existence and such. also orthodox love to talk about and read the church fathers as well, who are you trying to shit on?

Fair enough. I also meant pastors but you get the point.

It's more because /x/ is infested with gnostics, magick users, demon summoners..etc.

I guess you haven’t met a lot of evangelicals or Baptists. They seem to be the most vocal about the reality of the supernatural.

Why do I keep finding myself defending Catholics lately? lol. Like the other user said.. do you think you're at reddit? This place is full of trads.. be it Orthodox (present), Catholic, or even the Anderson/IFB dudes (I'm growing a soft spot for them tbh..even if they hate me).

cmon user you shud know better by now

user, anderson and his followers are full blown heretics. just watch his video on orthdoxy i'm not even orthodox but he was mocking jesus prayer… how low can you go?

I'm not sure I want to watch that then. I've seen other things that weren't like that and were more of a "neutral" traditional perspective, but I didn't think he'd be that bad.

is this considered blasphemous?

Attached: a6e13511f9c147151fb875044f43cdeb15022f869815f5fb60d8a3ffde9ebd0c.png (300x300, 105.71K)

No, just badly interpreted.. just like all Baptists, who imagine Jesus and his disciples were side actors in a 1950s Leave It To Beaver episode, complete with crew cuts and ties. Golly Gee Willickers, Beaver!

But it's also understandable. It's one of the most convoluted passages in the NT and most people just run away from it these days, not knowing what to make of it. He tries to tackle it, but in the end, he only cares about his American context. Nothing else.

In any case, it deserves more than 5 minutes of his ranting.

Paul wasn't simply talking about long hair, but flowing/laid out hair. It's why Orthodox tie their hair up. They're not trying to go against Paul. In their minds, the shamefulness is in the display of hair. They aren't out to look feminine either. But again, like all Baptists, he caustically attacks by creating stupid strawmen, using imaginary positions that the people he has in mind don't even hold, and then thinks he "wins" by how much of a jerk he can be about it.

Also, "long hair" wasn't simply a Nazarite thing. It's commanded in Leviticus to at least keep long side locks. Verse 19:27: "You shall not cut off the sides of your hair or trim your beards." This is why even Orthodox Jews to this day still have long locks. They're actually following the Torah.

Paul was a "Jew of Jews" and knew this well. So why would he interpret something like Anderson? One must rightly divide the truth on what he means.

And as for women, even the women in his own church don't follow that passage like Orthodox or (traditional Catholics) do - their women have no veils. He thinks the "hair" itself is sufficient covering, but that's the whole point of Paul warning about them. Flowing hair is the culprit. It had bad connotations in both the Greek/pagan (Paul's Corinthian audience) as well as the biblical context (Paul referred to covering women for the sake of angels. This is a direct reference to Gen 6 and Enoch.. the story of the angels who mated with women and found them irresistible). Even in Hippocratic medicine, female hair was considered sort of the equivalent to "testicles" (believe it or not! Look it up) and signaled vitality and appeal. In either the Greek context or the biblical context, they should be covered. In short, it's too sexy for public.

I've had this conversation once before, so I'm going to cut it short. People can have their Beaver Episode of Christianity if they want. I don't even care anymore.

Hide post

He's not wrong though

Yes, he is
He gets his picture of the world's largest Evangelical denomination from angry youtube meme man

To be fair, maybe the Jehovah's Witnesses are more notorious for that. Have you seen their tracts? It's like a whole series of cheesy Beaver like images.

I'm almost think their trolls.. since they also insist on Jesus dying on a "stake", instead of a cross. Everything has to be "different" with them.

Attached: Christs-cross.jpg (236x337, 22.18K)

My first experience in a church was with baptists actually, via a friend. I have a few stories that have nothing to do with Anderson. As an anecdote, I'll say that once a Sunday school teacher literally grabbed me by the side and whispered "Don't back me in a corner, boy" when I provided scripture passages that proved what he was saying was wrong. Apparently, it was some kind of authority/power thing to him.. and simple clarifications were a threat.

50's aesthetic is one of the lighter things I could say really.

Wow a wonderful thread on NDEs guys. NDEs are one of those topics where you really have to get into the neuroscience nitty gritty, but from what I've read they seem like the real deal. When compared to a hallucination be it from DMT or oxygen deprivation the brain activity varies largely and the impact must longer lasting with individual recollection greatly improved. Whether or not I couldn't ever say, although the experience always leaves them a permanently changed person for the better. In my eyes they're the Lord giving people what they need.

Gary Habermas gives a great talk on them as well as there being a plethora of articles

*Whether or not they're really seeing heaven, that is

Oh please if something truly inexplicable happened you'd be saying it never happened.

Just like Mormons and Muslims, they insist that Jesus wasn’t divine and have a hatred of crosses.

Don't they know the Romans crucified people in crosses? Wtf.
Its really satanic. Only Satan has fear of crosses.

This. You should just be careful to take absolutely everything over there with a huge grain of salt. It's mostly just goofballs trying to spook each other but you get some genuine unbalanced/wicked souls sometimes.

The leading believers of evolution and mockers of Bible literalism and innerancy are Catholics. Always pushing naturalism and """"scientific"""" materialism over what God clearly said.

Excuse me? The pushers of that shit were the Liberal protestants and they of course dragged Catholics and many others man even orthodoxes are being winnie the poohed by the modernistic memes.
Its still an heresy to held modernistic doctrines in Catholicism and whomever holds them is automatically excommunicated.

Well i personally know at least 4 people who have experienced NDE's. None of them talk publicly about out of fear of ridicule. They will even deny it to people of whom they are not sure they will believe them.
But if they become hardcore Catholic or change their lives in a remarkable fashion afterwards , you can be sure they've seen something.

If you want scientific substantiation of NDE's
Here's a scientific research article published in the lancet.

pimvanlommel.nl/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/NDE-NYAS-Experience-Self-article.pdf

Attached: oliveskin.jpg (900x900, 80.61K)

You'd think most people would consider therm an authority considering they almost died.