Prayers that require full body motion?

Stuff like prostration for example? I know the prayer of Saint Ephrem, are there any more? I like taking time to do a ritual rather than just sitting still with my hands clasped. I was thinking of doing the Muslim prayer thing but saying Christian prayers instead like the Our Father, but that seems like syncretism to me so I decided against it. Any recs?

Attached: 36A2964E-A70E-482A-9745-D2D5422041D7.jpeg (886x590, 47.13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

svspress.com/a-pocket-psalter-for-prayer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A lot of the Orthodox feast days for the Saints involve prostrating. There is nothing wrong with prostrating before God. It's a sign of humility. It's a sign that you're willing to fully submit yourself to the Lord.

You should not contort your body into any specific positions that were developed with the explicit intent of worshiping other gods.

This includes yoga. Stretching is ok

Attached: 1519018167848.jpg (578x497, 43.04K)

christian prostration was earlier than islamic prostration

Prostration was a Christian practice, especially in the East, far before the Muslims started doing it. Maronite monks prostrate before the Lord when they pray.

Jesus prayer breathing exercises

heh

lol no
Not to mention there are specifically christian derications of both of them by now.

A Christian yoga alternative is by definition not yoga
Yoga is a non-christian spiritual exercise.

Just pray while doing jumping jacks or cross fit.

Yoga isn't just stretches. It's a "spiritual" practice.

I don’t need a debate about prostrations or about yoga. I literally just want the names of prayers I can do. I know the prayer of Saint Ephrem, do you have any more recs?

Attached: 5ED1D902-6E22-4C23-A0C6-818CE74E5381.jpeg (780x639, 183.84K)

Bumping for justice.
We need more prayers like these.

Attached: dcfelj4filr11.jpg (298x298, 68.4K)

Have you ever been to a Cru meeting?

Sounds more like falling in a heap in despair than deliberate positioning.

Despair or not, He still did it as an act of submission to God's will. If it's altight for Jesus to do it, it's alright for Christians to do it aswell.

Attached: arktos-pepe.jpg (750x375, 48.26K)

*alright
Sage because I can't spell gud

user, you should buy this book: svspress.com/a-pocket-psalter-for-prayer/
It is full of them. It has all the psalms, and then afterwards, (for many of them) prayers that require bows and prostrations.
I am not even Orthodox, I just recently purchased that exact one that I linked and it is fast becoming one of the most spiritually productive things in my life. The pocket version is perfect, you can take it with you everywhere , and it’s amazing for exactly the purpose I think you have in mind.

For example, here is one they put in the beginning:

Attached: 687F3272-09BC-4217-90E0-33ACC95963E1.jpeg (1242x1963, 1.53M)

Still a dumb argument.
Just show me a single religion that doesn't have prayer.
You won't find any, and yet we don't condemn prayer, because "hurr muslims pray too so it must be bad".
Yoga and meditation are both incredible practices, and they must be reformed into a christian framework so that more people can build a better relationship with Jesus.
If you oppose it, you are just selfishly holding people back out of jealousy and fear, and you are being lukewarm.

I hope you're a trolling fedora
Yoga is a hindu spiritual practice. You may as well reform satanism so you can build a better relationship with Jesus by that logic.

Just get out of here you hateful retard.
You really think you can lock God in you church don't you? You can't. And if these practices achieve just a single person developing a better relationship with God, it was worth it all along then.
Youor retarded tier edgy comparisons fail miserably against anyone who ever picked up a book on christianity.

Mimir?

They won't achieve anything like that exept if by God you mean Shiva or some some other God that "you hide within yourself" lmao. Are you a Christian btw and if yes what kind of Christian? I smell gnostic bullshit.

Following your logic, then Pilates is a Westernized Hindu Spiritual practice?

Pilates is not a spiritual practice of hindu worship

The clunkiness of the word is funny to me for some reason.

I don't know about full body but having researched a little it appears there are multiple manners of prayer described in the Bible including sitting.

I like the way it appears one Syrian tradition does it, standing with palms up.

Thank you for making a helpful replies

You too

>implying all prayers cannot involve prostration

Attached: genuflection-gondola.mp4 (1920x1080, 9.5M)

gtfo. Was prostrating before God when you were still a seed in daddy-user's truffles
Copying Christ, ftw

>implying all prostration isn't an admission of "I cannot, you alone, Lord, can"
We shouldn't recoil from this attitude.

I literally never said that meditation is bad.
And like I said, stretching is ok.