Christian Music General - /CMG/

Post your favorite traditional Christian music of any genre. Here are a few of my favorites:

Great Gospel song from the greatest singer:
youtube.com/watch?v=C5bk6Epd4qg

Not solely Christian, but helps me remember to not fret about Earthly problems as much
youtube.com/watch?v=-5i4ZGVQGa8

The crown jewel of Handel's Messiah, makes me tear up every time
youtube.com/watch?v=Kg7aXEvCeXY

Attached: 1494704635500.jpg (800x800, 87.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cZaOKWi7tus
youtube.com/watch?v=ngXC2rAjFKA
youtube.com/watch?v=85BvT5X6WSo
youtube.com/watch?v=972Dx71AtFA
youtube.com/watch?v=4Y0RYYUg6gY
youtube.com/watch?v=nM__lPTWThU
blabbermouth.net/news/judas-priests-rob-halford-praying-absolutely-works/
songmeanings.com/songs/view/16079/
youtube.com/watch?v=vzbaBHCu9UQ
matter-band.bandcamp.com/album/teraphim
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I like prog.
The title might be off putting, the album is just a concept album about The Book of Revelation.

My personal favorite rendition of non nobis domine

Epi xylou vlepousa - Sotiris Doganis

One of their best works…

one of my favorites

been searching all the relevant threads in the catalog can't find it but one of you anons, somewhere, posted what sounded to be a really nice contemporary version of what I think was will the circle be unbroken. Note it was not this version
, but rather just a kind of 'generic' contempory (but not as in modern country pop trash) traditional country record, but done very well (to my ears at least) sung by a man. Was youtube. Can anyone re-post who might know which version I mean? Always meant to come back to check it out properly but cannot find it.

dangnammit literally seaching one last time in case after posting i found it my bad

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THISTHIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THISVVTHIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THISTHIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THISTHIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THISTHIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THISTHIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THISTHIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THISTHIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THISTHIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THISTHIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

Wow, can confirm, this song is amazing. Am now investigating their whole album.
kind of want English lyrics though to know for sure what it is I’m actually listening to…. anyone know more about what/who this is?

excellent
here's another good one
youtube.com/watch?v=cZaOKWi7tus

These guys review a couple of their songs and give some additional info about them (warning: the video they review here is a bit Mel Gibson-ish, lol).

The band itself is basically one guy's experimental music project in Poland paying homage to Eastern Orthodoxy. Nobody's quite sure what to make of their visuals, but the lyrics themselves are basically ripped from liturgical hymns.

:^)

I am going to wager that they are not even orthodox or even christian. They remove the faces on the icons on their sets. They change lyrics of the liturgy use of God to I, making it change from third-person to first-person. This screams blasphemy to me, but maybe it attracts some satanic kid to dig further.

Timeless

This channel is one of the gayest things in tradcath land. Also
Here is some medicine for you, user.

I don't like Christian rock but there are great songs that utilize biblical themes and imagery. I like Bob Dylan's (ya, ya. JEW! ya, ya. Evangelicalism!) I Dream I Saw St. Augustine and You Gotta Serve Somebody.

Here's a list of some blues and folk stuff that I like.

youtube.com/watch?v=ngXC2rAjFKA (Bob Dylan)
youtube.com/watch?v=85BvT5X6WSo (Mississippi John Hurt. Maybe not explicitly biblical.)
youtube.com/watch?v=972Dx71AtFA (Reverend Gary Davis)
youtube.com/watch?v=4Y0RYYUg6gY (Reverend Gary Davis)

Thank you for your helpful replies.

I don't think blasphemy makes sense in the context of a lyric/poem where the 'character' of the speaker is ambiguous. It's not exactly the same as a priest blatantly telling his followers that he is their lord, as a matter of fact when preaching. The medium itself let's the listener detach the words from the singer, and attribute them to whoever makes the most sense in that context (i.e. Jesus).

I mean, it could've still been done intentionally to be edgy and "blasphemous", but I think that backfired spectacularly considering most of the comments on their videos ended up being pro Christian, lol.

I get the sense it's a backfiring too. The first recommended I saw on youtube for them was a live recording at something called Hellfest. They were wearing traditional heiromonk robes with inverted orthodox crosses and what looked like an icon of Christ with an animal head on it.

I mostly was just interested in an english translation of the lyrics. I think whether or not "it's christian" depends mostly on what it's being used for, not whether or not "it is" – like all art, I suppose. For instance, the song "Painkiller" by Judas Priest can easily be considered christian, imo.
>youtube.com/watch?v=nM__lPTWThU
>blabbermouth.net/news/judas-priests-rob-halford-praying-absolutely-works/

lyrics songmeanings.com/songs/view/16079/

God's gonna cut you down

youtube.com/watch?v=vzbaBHCu9UQ

i am amazed at this. this is the first time ive ever listened to elvis and he sounds amazing, plus singing about god is even mor4e amazing

Kek.

They seem like a good couple at least. Also obligatory new Demon Hunter song.

That was great. I almost get the feeling that he wants to BEGOME and she's not quite on board yet. Pray for them!

video title is incorrect, this is Psalm 50

GO GO

Yes. That is also one of my favorites. Have some Gothic grandeur. Listen to the whole thing, it really picks up.

matter-band.bandcamp.com/album/teraphim

prog punk/rock. really good album.

My favourite version of Henry V.
From same movie, Eve of Saint Cripsin's day speech

Obligatory Man Comes Around by JC