How long did it take you to read the Bible?

I'm reading the 1611 KJV, and it's slow going to say the least. I'm currently on the book of Elazar. Is this something that is supposed to be accomplished in a relatively short time span? There are so many pages, Anons. With all the Apocrypha included it must be one of the longest books ever written. Any good strategies or advice? How long did it take you to read this thing?

Attached: 46171e86985bedf5924e75c35179d950138a5542d42caa14e76cfe6b8448d64b.jpg (624x600, 44.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kingjamesbibleonline.org/Prouerbs_5_1611/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The first time? Two weeks because I'm mentally retarded and lapse into speedreading easily.
But you should take your time. Pick up a commented version. Think about what it says. Memorize good quotes. Sing some psalms.

At the rythm of 5 chapters in the morning and 5 in the evening, and counting the deuterocanon, it takes 4 months and a half to read the whole Bible.
Make that 5 months or more if you take breaks now and then.

Nah, it's only about 1200 pages. Pretty short compared to, oh say, "The Blah Story" which has 7300 pages. I find it's best not to think of the Bible as a single book, but a compilation of several books. It makes the process easier and allows you to study it fully rather than just slog through it.

Why are you doing that?

Why wouldn't you? It's the only true Bible. All other "Bibles" are a product of Satan.

IDK man it just seems legit.

It's honestly kind of a relaxing read once you get used to olde english.

Good tip.

Thanks for perspective.

Good autism.

Were the original Greek and Latin versions products of satan? What about the original Hebrew version of the OT?

Say what now? Is there such a thing? Are you trolling, cause you got me, I actually looked the the appendix for that.

I can guarantee you're missing out on meaning all over the place
At least use the 1769 kjv

How would you know? You've never read it, have you?

Yes. The original Greek & Latin & Hebrew were neutral texts. Baptist doctrine was transmitted orally until scripture was first composed in 1611. All other "Bibles" today are Satanic though, primarily due to the false Roman Catholic religion corrupting them.

Yes
They don't even have a letter J
There is no benefit besides renaissance festival LARPer status

Attached: Screenshot_20190218-174217_Brave.jpg (1977x2808, 746.39K)

Isn't that Wycliffe?

No
kingjamesbibleonline.org/Prouerbs_5_1611/

They seem to just use i instead. It's no trouble.

Sorry it was Ezra. It's a very short book. Nehemiah follows it.

A Baptist girl scorned me for leaving the Church and it was then I realized that I was justified. I know the Bible very well, but I'd rather spit my own venom and even sacrifice Christians to hungry Spirits. You are all hypocrites and just as wretched as those you look down upon. I look forward to putting actual rounds through your bodies when the Civil War begins.

I honestly don't have a clue what you're on about.

(checked)
This is why Christians don't do drugs. It makes you crazy.

So you're a frustrated, freshly rejected incel. No worries, I'm sure the Lord can help you with your temporary butthurt. Welcome to the board, sinner!

Alternating an average of 3 chapters a day (with an occasional 2, 4, or 5 chapters a day), and missing some days for various reasons, it took me about a year to read the OSB Old Testament. Finishing up Matthew now.

My advice? Don't treat reading the Bible as a race for bragging rights. Don't get me wrong: if you have the speed-reading, comprehension and memory capacity to read at a fast rate comfortably, then by all means.

Nevertheless, you should read at a rate that feels comfortable for you. Don't treat the Bible like you haven't eaten in days, and have a Thanksgiving selection laid out in front of you, and you try to scoff it all down in minutes, or like some competitive hot dog eating contest. Treat it like partaking in the spiritual equivalent of a gourmet meal. In other words, take your time; neatly and painstakingly cut it into pieces; chew slowly and deliberately; really partake in the enjoyment of the complex flavors.

Your attitude towards the Bible, overall, should be: "I want to understand this", not "WHOO! I FINISHED THIS IN 5 SECONDS!!!! WHERE'S MY GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS AWARD?!?!?" As such, a study version with copious footnotes is highly recommended.

art thou privy to an fixteen eleven in truth? i haf mine doubtf for left it be marked with none fo fingular a character af the letter 'f' inftead of the letterf 'f' then thou may judge it rightly to be an feventeen fixty-nine, firrah

I try to read 1 chapter a day, but there are chapters that I can't even finish. I go from 1 to 3 hours reading them. It's like that because I read the footnotes and go through the Bible reading other passages that say similar things (the references are on the side of the page). Sometimes I read the whole chapter of the Bible of those referenced passages to understand the message.