Two Board Solution

The ecumenical board experiment has failed. The same tired assertions are repeated ad nauseum, only growing the tension between Catholic and Protestant, and it's not even witty banter.

Compounding the situation is the perception that Protestants are being censored. The protestant either leaves, which encourages the echo chamber effect of Catholics, or they stay and their hostility grows.

I'm proposing an exodus from here for my protestant brothers. We are strangers in a foreign land that doesn't welcome us. Segregation would be best for both parties.

Attached: Screenshot_20190222-090925_Clover dev.jpg (1439x2647, 931.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/KaEKB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No censorship at >>>/christianity/

Pretty sure that's been done multiple times
>>>/Christ/
>>>/Christianity/
>>>/prot/
>>>/christiananime/

I think the big thing is that taking away either Cathodox or Prots removes a big chunk of the user base and no one likes painfully slow boards. Also, we need to remember that even though we may all disagree on Veneration of saints, Sacraments, the Papacy, and other things. It's better to be amongst followers of Christ than a larpagan shithole like Zig Forums, atheist shithole like r/christianity, or /islam/.

Attached: 26940769318_323d0720d0_o.jpg (2692x2136, 1.08M)

Kek, this is statue worship cope

/prot/ is the only one with that purpose, but it never got off the ground it looks like

Nah, Christian is good except for the mods,newfags and some censorship but overall it's good and better than heretical boards.

This is the only good Christianity-related board because it doesn't allow Gnostics, Mormons, Jehovah's witnesses, or other cults.

"other cults" meaning protestants

Protestants are just mad that they always get btfo'd. That doesn't mean that it's a Catholic echo chamber

/christ/ is the oldest of the bunch, having been on 8ch since the beginning.. /christianity/ is actually a split off board. There's also /catholic/, but it's pretty dead except for a "Saint of the Day" thing.

Nani?

Nope.

Also nope.

Half their mods are atheists and if you look in the threads the only upvoted comments are the ones with the flairs that say things like "LGBT Ally" or "Christian Atheist". All ofnthe downvoted ones are ones with flairs like "Roman Catholic", "Orthodox", "Lutheran", or "Baptist". Basically you get down voted into reddit hell if you profess actual christian values instead of regurgitating progressive crypto-satanic shit like they want you too. Even though the interdenominational banter here can be annoying at times, that cesspool makes me appreciate this place a thousand times more. I'd rather get called a heretic by a trad cat than a racist nazi by an "LGBT Ally Christian Atheist".

What's the point of that subreddit then?

It is "about Christianity", not "for Christians".

Sasuga prots.

I don't understand threads like this. It's as if you people are utterly unfamiliar with imageboards and, in particular, Zig Forums; I mean, have you only been here for six months?

You are free to make your own board. Aside form that, you are free to do what you want on the internet, which, might I add, is a big place; Zig Forums is a tiny little corner. Indeed, this board has a Catholic bent—and I will agree that, as of late, many Catholic posters have taken on an antiecumenical pose, so to speak. It is noticeable compared to even six months ago.

Making threads about your metatopical opinions won't achieve anything. Just go to >>>/christ/ or >>>/prot/ already and stop wasting everyone else's time.

it's an invitation to the other protestants of the board

ONE BOARD,
UNDER GOD

I don't particular agree with your assertion. The way Catholics, Orthodox, and Protestants interact on this board has been, at least from my limited exposure, pretty good. Sometimes there's a few cheeky jabs at one another, and rarely there's two or three persons who get into real verbal fights, but compared to other mediums this board is very calm in its discourse.

Subversion

I'm laughing. Laughing at your failure to exist as you worship something that is corrupt.

are the people hating others because theyre not the right kind of christian even christians themselves?

I can't say its failed, granted there are plenty of people with bad will whether intentional or not on the board but theres still plenty of proper discussion between Christanons of all denoms.

As far as I'm aware there isn't another place like this aside from the few other christian boards on 8ch that aren't entirely full of atheists and other demon worshippers, if you take a look at places like Zig Forums it can get much, much worse, in terms of discussion being completely shutdown.

That being said, everyone should try to be more charitable to each other on this board, a body cannot stand divided against itself and the powers that be are only going to start persecuting us more as time carries on.

Christians should never fall to meta tricks to divide and conquer. The differences should be worked out by first beating the demons out of pedos and then marxists. Only then, will we have a world Jesus would want to come back to. Amen.

What does that have to do with imageboards

Have we learned nothing from history?

Is that why mainline denominations are thriving and holding fast to the traditional doctrines as compared to newer evangelicalism?

That's not always true. /christ/ is the oldest board. You are currently using the splinter.

Hosnestly all the in fighting with Catholics and Prods is saddening. Obviously banters is mandatory on any image board, but it gets almost Zig Forums levels of vitrial here. We're all supposed to be brothers/sisters in Christ, right? If someone is led astray, wouldn't the loving thing to do be pointing them in the right direction, not just call them a faggot?
And if you are just here to hurl insults… idk, kystbhfam

We are not brothers. Catholics do not profess the same gospel by grace through faith not of works as I do, and as the Bible does.

I'd question why abominations like that exist, but the truth is we probably brought it upon ourselves with our complacency. Still doesn't mean people claiming simultaneously to be Christian and nonreligous at the same time doesn't make my blood boil. "Cultural Christians" were a mistake.

How many times are you going to say this

We as Catholics understand it to grace alone.

sola gratia but not sola fide

This has been going on since the board was created. Just Protestants and Catholics shitting on each other 24/7. Was pretty one sided until the Baptists showed up and Duke Nukem'd it. It'll be fine. My biggest worry is the large amount of atheists/LARPers derailing threads without being warned or banned. Not sure if the ownership has changed since the second guy, but it never got this bad.

*ahem*
pic related is the only solution for both of you silly schismatics

Attached: Becoming-Orthodox.jpg (591x591, 265.67K)

don't forget >>>/kjv/

no. Salvation is not by grace alone, grace is absolutely essential, but it is not alone. To say it is by grace alone is to say it is solely by the will of God alone that you are justified - it is to deny the directions of your own will had anything to do with it. But if our will has nothing to do with our salvation, then we have no free will, or whatever free will we do have is essentially meaningless. So it is not grace alone.

Why do you think free will exists to begin with?

John 15:16

I don't know how you interpret those words, but in case you're going off-track - Semipelagianism is a heresy.

Wew lad, keep rationalizing the next news of abuse and heresy

Sorry, I forgot to say:
Although you are right about free will.

Even Calvin did not deny free will…

Speaking as someone who has had posts deleted by the mods, posts that contained nothing but scripture, this post right here is the one that most deserves to be.

And the funny thing is, since I know the mods agree with it, they won't ban or delete it.

"We are strangers in a foreign land that doesn't welcome us."

In all English speaking nations Catholics are currently in the minority. feeling like that is how I feel on a daily basis dealing with protestant BS shouted at me. I honestly couldn't care less if prots stay or go, but I just find it very ironic that you're all complaining about feeling in the minority.

We're Catholics living in a puritanical empire and YOU feel persecuted? LOL.

We're not talking about nation states, we're talking about this board.
Protestants are a persecuted minority here.

The whole point of Fullchan in general is for the very fringe of society from what I've seen. Being a devout practicing Catholic and/or Orthodox Christian in an English speaking country is far less common than any form of Protestantism. We have virtually no representation in government, when we do people use our religion as a point against us, we are stigmatized in education and the media and nobody bats an eye, and we are attacked by both the left and the right on a regular basis because our beliefs are simultaneously too conservative and not conservative enough.

I don't care if YOU aren't talking about nations and states. I am. Like I said I feel free to stay or go, but spare me the alligator tears about feeling isolated and picked on, in one spot on the internet. You want a protestant escape? Go to any other "christian" affiliated site anywhere and it will be an evangelical echo chamber. That's part of the whole reason I started coming here in the first place.

I've enjoyed having shouting matches with protestants in a place where I don't really have to worry about backlash, but nothing of value would be lost to me if y'all decided to bounce. The only feeling of loss would be seeing you all continue down a false path.

ok, so you were just making a blog post not talking about the topic at hand. That's fine.

>sees there is no thread or posts on the front page mentioning muh Babylonian trick and Mary

Attached: arktos-pepe.jpg (750x375, 48.26K)

I literally said feel free to leave. I wouldn't discourage it. I was just giving reasons as to why I don't care if you do. Basically the nice way of saying "Cry more".

If the OP didn't make his post all "baaawh, woe is me!", I would have been more direct. The whole persecution angle just annoyed me though, speaking as a Catholic living in a W.A.S.P.'s nest.

Attached: banned.png (923x648, 136.58K)

SSDD

Attached: 2018-07-09-romanism.jpg (810x450, 501.61K)

This. I am in catholic-majority country and even I hear how "reformation was inevitable, necessary, good, etc".

Wait you call for "peace" when you still attack Mary/proper worship "idolatry" and literally accuse the church of being "whore of babylon"?
Sorry that does not seem to me that you want to live peacefully next to each other.
I am not saying I want ecumenism. Hell no. But please….please stop acting as a "victim" while you attack also. It is cringe and frankly that's the reason why I cannot take you seriously. If you want to challenge the order, go for it. Just do not oy vey when the other side takes the same stance.
It seems you prots think you have every right to spout anything without the other side taking the initiative also. Explain to me why I should care about your screeching if you call me a folower of "whore of babylon".

As the other user said, cry harder

The cold hard ugly truth of why the split off boards have failed and stagnated for the most part, boils down to these factors:

1. A little over-moderation is ultimately preferable to under-moderation. Even when the mods here sometimes overstep their bounds, it's still preferable to the chaos and rampant heresy on other split off boards. When someone like brags about "no censorship", they might as well be subconsciously bragging about "a board full of kooks and weirdness." Radical free-speech, like communism and libertarianism, sounds great on paper and in theory, but in practice is an utter dumpster fire.

2. Most people are creatures of comfort and habit. Even as people whine about mods on here, ultimately, the post counts, unique IPs, and traffic on this board speak for themselves. Most people's responses to some of the more questionable antics of the of the mods might as well be them saying "thank you sir, may I have another", rather than try to start over again on a strange, slow, chaotic split off board. There was even that one time this board tried to start a christian exclusive image board split off from Zig Forums itself, to be free off the ads, as well as the spill over from other trolling degenerate boards on this site. To my knowledge it no longer exists, and people are still here.

I am not trying to be mean but I am fed up with people who punch acting as they're the only victims. And seriously..since I hear heresy all the time irl it would be nice to have a place to come to. since I have already established your faith to be a heresy….I do not need to hear "sola X" for the 684864x time. So frankly I do not care if you stay.

Oh yeah, the damage exists outside our borders, but I'm just saying it's without a doubt worse here speaking as someone who initially fell away from the church.

Stats are also misleading because you have a ton of lukewarm and/or non-practicing Catholics that get thrown in the mix because they technically qualify based on census standards. I would argue the real ratio is significantly lower than the projected one when that's taken into account.

And the lack of practicing Catholics is most likely worsened as a side effect of general anti-christian sentiments combined with the already existent anti-catholic sentiments. We are taught from all sides that our religion is evil and was what held society back prior to the Renascence and later enlightenment, despite actual historians saying otherwise. Between the left wing bias in education and the evangelical bias on the right, we're damned if we do, damned if we don't in this country.

Attached: cartoo14.gif (440x271 67.73 KB, 72.94K)

I could go on for hours.

Attached: bpbrown-mortalsin.jpg (597x492 330.43 KB, 126.38K)

Attached: advertisement.JPG (763x546, 70.35K)

I know you guys have it rough. Compared to you it's like a cakewalk for us. No doubt. Even considering that however you sometimes hear from catholics that protestantism is valid. Those lukewarm catholics are even practicing here. That;s really off putting tbh.
I do not believe those stats
You're absolutely right. In my country we are in the "keep your faith to yourself behind closed door" phase. That means just right behind you. The next stage will be front attack on catholicism here. In fact it is already in place it is just denied and labeled as "muh tolerance". No tolerance however is showed when my faith is concerned. It is always us who is asked to give the ground so there is not a clash

The abortion battle in US is quite an interesting thing. Conveniently…prots never mentioned it because it does not speak well about protestantism

Attached: abortion.png (640x916, 33.31K)

The third picture could very well be labeled as "americanism" and it would be correct for the most part

cry harder

about what?

Again, one of the annoying parts about stats in the US for Catholicism and Orthodoxy alike is that they tend to include people who are Catholic or Orthodox in a purely cultural sense rather than exclusively those who are actually practicing. The stats make Catholicism and Orthodoxy seem more liberal than Protestantism when in reality the actual doctrines of each church are more conservative than most forms of Protestantism. You're taught that abortion=infanticide and I've never heard single priest say it is allowed under any circumstances (not even the Jesuits I've met), but because of lukewarmness you get statistics like that.

You don't need statistics to find official doctrine, that's freely available. The survey data only claims to represent how self-reporting members of each group feel about each issue.

I'm aware. I was more so just saying that the stats don't take into account whether somebody is actually practicing or not since it's self-reported. Again like I said earlier, there are tons of nonpracticing Catholics who still identify with the church. I know several, and it's frustrating because some of them are just straight up agnostic, but still identify with Catholicism for some reason.

True. But it still makes me wonder: Do we have so much lukewarmness in our churches due to the inevitability of having some lukewarmness by virtue of sheer numbers? Or is there something else more worrisome going on?

I think it depends on where you go. Outside of Ireland, most historically Catholic European countries are still fairly fervent, as are most non-European catholic presences. The problem is in countries like the US, Canada, Australia, Britain, etc. we have a variety of external political and societal forces pushing people in different directions away from the church. Like I said in my first posts, there's a lot of open hostility towards Catholicism in the western world post-reformation, enlightenment, and the spread of political extremism. We're effectively one of if not the only religion that both sides of the political spectrum are actively hostile towards.

Because it rightly points out the hipocrisy and retardation of iconolasts

because it calls the bible corrupt

Guys, STAHP
can't we just get along? I disagree with my catholic brothers on some topics but we need to stick together to keep this community strong.

Roman Catholics on the US Supreme Court:

John Roberts
Clarence Thomas
Samuel Alito
Sonia Sotomayor
Brett Kavanaugh
Neil Gorsuch (raised Catholic, now Episcopalian)

Groups never on the Supreme Court: Pentecostals, Orthodox Christians, Mormons, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, and Sikhs.

Long-time Speaker of the House Tip O'Neill? Apparently non-Catholic. "Lion of the Senate," alcoholic girl-killer and serial girl-molester Ted Kennedy? Apparently non-Catholic.

I have long thought Marxists unconsciously strive to re-create a funhouse mirror of the Roman Catholic church, with political correctness instead of morality, and public groveling (instead of private penance) when its adherents fail to trim their sails to the latest iteration of the progressive stack. Not to mention the Holy Inquisition, now called the "Trust and Safety Council."

But there is one aspect of Catholicism the Marxists adopted without alteration: the insufferable whining at having to share entire countries with filthy Protestant heretics–er, reactionaries.

:-P

Is this the ecumenical thread? I'm an outsider to the religion but there are questions I have about ecumenical groups in general and I feel as though Zig Forums is the best board to ask obviously.

Do you have any fairly quick reads, such as blog entries or written online articles, about the potential benefits of the ecumenical approach? How about materials that criticize them. Are there well documented cases where these groups were hives of bad actors? Does anything point to them being magnets for bad actors?

Thank you for your patience.

So we have some supreme court justices, 3 people, and a single president who died midterm… We make up 20% of the US population, I don't think the numbers particularly reflect that historically. Besides, that changes nothing about the tone of the country. The fact that those people are catholic is used as a negative to this day.

But cute attempt to sweep this under the rug kiddo.

ಠ⌣ಠ

That vast majority of people you listed are conservative.

Attached: anti-catholic-poster-2.jpg (386x400 46.23 KB, 54.99K)

I was pointing out the use of the word "Bigotry" as used by friendly neighborhood marxists.

So what do you call it when Steven Anderson stands up and says that the Bible is literally God?

I'll happily share a board with sincere Christians, whether or not they disagree with me.

I refuse to be hospitable to larpers; the orthofag Zig Forumsscum. Can we just make an ebin larp board to contain them there

Oh, hush! I’m Italian, and 99% of the so called Catholics here are in name only.
Ready to bend to the ideology of the moment and to turn coats as soon as the wind changes. Spain? A stronghold of PC and progressive madness; Belgium? Just as pozzed. France? Oh boiiii! Poland and Hungary are maybe a bit more focused on Christ, but they too have abysmal birth rates. South America is going to be minority Catholic in 50 years or so. Catholicism will maybe survive in Africa and small pockets in Asia and South America, it will vanish in Europe and I can bet I’m gonna be proven right.

Might need a thicker skin. If we can't even openly discuss with our Christian brethren, and temper our arguments for our faith in general and over the minor differences among us compared to all the religions & non religions out there that are not Christian, then there's no hope for us.

Attached: download.jpg (300x300, 3.86K)

This board is a bit older than some standard chan ones yet is still slower than them.
I don't know why you don't go to /his/ or /lit/ where you could get more in the way of theological discourse. The higher popularity of the site would mean one is defended just as if not maybe even more zealously by other anons from thread derailers and shitposters, and without "censorship", "upvoting", or the need for a safespace.
There are even threads on there on how unproductive this place is, but to be clear this thread could or rather appears to be another attempt to divide and draw people away from here as well.

Oh boy, do I got some good news for you, Italanon.
Headline
Viktor Orbán: no tax for Hungarian women with four or more children
Growing families better than letting Muslim immigrants in, says prime minister

Sauce: archive.is/KaEKB

Attached: 11d05271631b25d338fbbf51ad272114d5d5cd27.jpg (1240x744, 30.48K)

Knew already; it’s not gonna be enough for them anyway: Europe is demographically doomed, morally bankrupt.

Secondly, despair is not a fun state of being to live in. Just keep praying to God that He humbles the (((bureaucrats))) in the EUSSR and crushes Mammon that rules over (((their))) hearts.

Attached: tenor (1).gif (498x245, 1.23M)

Wow, way to stand strong in the faith…

Living here in the states, the European American communities are far from "in name only" Catholics. Most of the Catholics here are of Polish, Irish, Italian and Ukrainian descent here. Cleveland, Ohio, though technically I'm from Parma (obviously not the Italian one though) I singled out Ireland because of the relatively recent abortion ruling there. It might even be that the Euro-Americans are more fervent here because of the generally negative attitude taken towards Catholicism here.

I'm not expecting most Catholics to be experts in theology though dude. The fact that there's even an attempt made is more than what we get in the US. It's not like every protestant is an expert either We have 20% of the US population, and about 30-40% of those are nonpracticing.

It hurts me that you actually believe this.

Holding hope is what brought me to despair.

Most Catholics will defect for the Orthodox Church: already happening in Italy.

Shall we receive the good from the Lord without also receiving the bad?

Maybe in Europe… but statistically speaking, while Orthodoxy is growing, it's not at a rate fast enough to keep in step with population growth.

Tell me I'm wrong without contradicting Catholicism.
Your catechism claims that one cannot be saved without observing the sacraments. I say the opposite, that placing trust in salvation through these works is a false gospel that is unsaving. These positions are mutually exclusive.

Despair is also a sign of spiritual sloth. So be careful friend and don't lose hope. The obedient Israel never lost hope even when they were captured by Babylon. There is still hope for Europa, you just gotta keep praying. especially pray the rosary

Attached: 2012101721sloth_55_300.jpg (300x382, 25.68K)

I’m convinced all is lost

Sacraments are the tangible signs of the invisible grace.

It saddens ME that you were taught such an errant and slothful version of the faith. Baptism, the Eucharist *Transubstantiated of course** , confirmation, etc. all have their basis in scripture.

I'm a prot, friend. It hurts me that you would say they aren't your brothers, even though we're all here striving for Christ.

If you are convinced then surely it will happen, but with faith, hope, and love even that which seems impossible is within reach.

Spoiler failure :^(

This.

John 1:12-13 KJV — But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

We have contradicting doctrine on how to be received, which is what earns you the title of child of God and by relation entry into the brotherhood.
I'm not being spiteful, I'm recognizing the facts. Any honest Catholic should say the same thing.

Even further we are not all striving for Christ. Even if Catholics did evangelism, anyone who would be saved from it would find salvation in spite of the Catholic false gospel.

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. 1 John 2:19

A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Matthew 7:18.

Attached: 0002b.jpg (590x332, 113.04K)

Expound

About the first or the second? The first is because they themselves separate away from us and make manifest the difference due to the fact they didn't receive the word gladly, but rather they dispute and contradict against what the scripture says. If there was a unity of cause then this wouldn't have happened.

Second is the fact that only a good tree will bear good fruit and in the same passage we are told that by their fruit we shall know them. In other words, you can't have an unsaved person cause someone to be saved, it can only be one way. So while I agreed with your overall point, I stressed the fact that they really can't effect the Gospel if they themselves have a false gospel, and as Galatians 1:9 says, they should not be equivocated with saved people.

Now, maybe if you are part of an unscriptural group of people you might still disagree but if you believe the above scriptures you will act in accordance with them. You certainly won't try to contradict them. I'm just saying that as a general statement. People who toss the word of God under the bus and follow some manmade tradition, such as Catholics, are wrong. See Mark 7:7-13 for the reasoning.