Gospel of Luke

Hello guys, today i read the gospel of Luke and felt very inspird to make an manga about it. I know it sounds like an extremely silly idea, but i think it may be a good way to convey the gospel through imagery. I know there are probably better ways to represent the gospel with art, but i think this might be valid. I was planning to tell the gospel of Luke with no additions or commentaries, what do you guys think? would you promote it if the final product was good? I'm an amateur artist, but i would give my best. Pic related is a little sketch i made of Christ and St. Peter. It could be good for attracting young people and the japanese without dumbing down the message and the gospel.

Attached: CHRISTANIME.png (2100x1500, 286.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thebricktestament.com/
thenazareneway.com/likeness_of_our_saviour.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Please do it for awhile now I kinda thought that, hypothetically and for me personally, having the Bible as like an anime or tv series would really help me understand what’s going on without getting lost in all the details. If God tells you to do this, I’d recommend you listen. If he tells you no, then that’d kinda suck but oh well

God Bless you OP! This is exactly what we need more of. People passionate about the Gospel and sharing Christ's tale through art. I haven't picked up or read a manga in a long time but I would read the Gospel of Luke in Manga form.

If things like pic related exists, than OP's vision ought to exist aswell. Please keep us here at Zig Forums updated on your passion project.

Attached: 71fq0pG GvL.jpg (800x1168, 230.1K)

I'll pray a lot, if God does not want it, then i don't want it either.

Thank you! I'll keep you guys updated. This may take a lot of time to finish, and i'll probably do other work while working on this, but this WILL be my focus.

Godspeed, OP, I know whatever you end up doing will make God happy in the end. I'll be praying for you tonight.

Attached: 1cb39462df77e0c7851bd0c2c05d0042.jpg (372x600, 40.3K)

Keep us up to date on it

That sounds great, but challenging.
A lot is narrative, it would be hard to go chapter by chapter instead of depicting great episodes.

Peter and Christ were approximately the same age though, he shouldn't be elderly. Also, Christ did not have long hair because the Bible says it's dishonorable.

Nice. It'd be good to have a Christian manga that wasn't cringey.

Oh, nice info..i always imagined peter as an elderly man lol. About Jesus's hair, the hair in the op isn't that long..it stops in the beard. That being said..there's still a lot of time how jesus will ultimately look like. About being difficult..yes, i know that. I'm not completely sure if i will do verse by verse..or cut some less important ( art wise ) verses, or cut to big events. The optimal would be verse by verse though.

I used to read The Brick Testament (The Brick Bible is book version of it)
The person who made it is a transgender atheist who made it to specifically show the "contradictions"/"bad parts" of the Bible. They claim it's objective, but it's not if you peruse it for even a bit
thebricktestament.com/

Fine, I'll take the bait. The 1st century Jewish conception of long hair was waist-length. Men's hair was typically shoulder-length.

How do you know?

Tbh, I never actually read the Brick Bible. I only saw it at the book store in the Bible section and thought it was too silly to be taken seriously. Finding out that a fedora made it makes me thankful I never bought it, even as a joke.

Attached: passionists-silverstrelli.jpg (596x873, 367.52K)

1st century mosaics and Roman descriptions of Jewish culture.

Where can I find such descriptions?

thenazareneway.com/likeness_of_our_saviour.htm

I'm looking for ancient cultural standards, I don't think ancient descriptions of Christ are hermeneutically relevant

You appear to have a talent for this type of art. It is noble and good for you to put this talent to work in the service of the Lord!

I look forward to seeing some results!

Thank you! Already working on luke 1, starting with john the baptist's parents..as soon as i finish it, i'll post here.

All knowledge of ancient standards come form historical descriptions. Are you being retarded on purpose?
How about you prove to me that 1st century short hair meant crew cuts.

I'm not alleging that it does

Did some progress but was thinking of putting more detail, what do you guys think?

Attached: pagina1.png (3000x4200, 1.24M)

wrong image, this is the right one.

Attached: pagina1.png (3000x4200, 1.52M)

Wow that's really good

move elizabeth's hands a bit more forward and put something in the negative space on the last frame, otherwise doing good

Attached: 3433.png (213x255, 60.85K)

try your best to make the art as good as possible to be honoring to God and stay true to the strict letter of the gospel. definitely something worth doing OP, God bless you.

I can't wait for the finished product now

Attached: tumblr_m2w7hy45421qlutygo1_500.gif (500x281, 612.29K)

OP here again. Page 1 finished!
Honestly this alone took a lot of work, but i suspect it will get better as i get more used to doing it, and learn at the same time. This will be long and challenging, but i'm willing to do this for God, and i honestly wish i was better at this lol…I'll try to do 1 page per 1 or 2 days..but i expect i'll be hard to keep this pace since i'm 17 and i'm studying at the same time. Also planning on doing a script or planning to see more or less how many pages it'll have at the end. Hope you enjoy, and i'll keep you updated. God bless!

Attached: pagina1.png (3000x4200, 3.13M)

lol wrong image again, this is the right one

Attached: pagina1.png (3000x4200, 3.14M)

They look the same. I can't spot the difference. **I'm no artist so maybe I'm missing it, i dunno lol*

Attached: y1ixy.jpg (341x307, 41.46K)

Lol that spoiler fail
Also good work btw
Sage for double post

In the first one, zechariah was holding the incense without the little chains/ropes to support it, the second one has them

Oh I see it now.

Do you plan on Manga-izing other books in the Bible if Luke is a success?

Attached: download (27).jpg (225x225, 6.22K)

Hmm i don't know. It depends on my availability, and if i have an artistic "vision" for the book. I also don't know what book would make a good manga. I wouldn't do another gospel, but i guess i could something from the old testament

The Book of Kings (1&2 Samuel and 1&2 Kings) would make a pretty good series imo. That or Ezekiel

Attached: Chariot.jpeg (725x480, 288.43K)

The Book of Kings definitely is the closest the Bible gets to a traditional epic. Along side Genesis - Judges The one problem I see is that a lot of Christians have a problem with depictions of violence, and as much as I understand that the Book of Kings depicts violence in a very positive light akin to the Classics of Greece, Rome, and other ancient civilizations. It's war in the name of God and his chosen people after all. I mean, they tell kids the story of David and Goliath, but they tend to skip the whole "cuts his head off" thing. You know, things like that.

I love the whole Bible, and ironically enough I'm currently rereading the Book of Kings (currently on Samuel 1 atm), but I don't know if modern Christians would be big on an accurate adaptation of it. They seem pretty keen to brush it under the rug unfortunately. I would love an accurate adaptation because of this generally ignorant sentiment, but I wouldn't expect it to blow over well.

Censorship of violence has always been one of my bigger issues with Christian media. I don't like being treated like a child.

This looks awesome and like it has the potential to be a great project and way to spread the gospel. If I may throw in my 2 cents re: the character design for Jesus though, and it's only my 2 cents so feel free to throw back at me/ignore ofc, but just re: his beard, it looks very thick, kinda long, and bushy in your design, which I find may kinda make him harder to identify visaually as Jesus because I find my image of him, informed by both popuar and traditional depictions, show him with a much shorter, softer, less bushy beard.

I'm not sure why this is, one thing that popped into my head is that big, long, bushy beards would have been (and still are, in some ways) as a sign of the religious authority of the time, elders, whom Jesus came to rebuke and usurp, so his lighter, shorter beard not only emphasises his youth (and symbolically puts him in opposition to all the 'learned' (corrupt) religious elders of the establishment) but also would serve as a simple visual distinction to the others in the story. What do you think? Like I said feel free to disregard comepletely, and other anons say his current design is fine as is if you think. I think it's fine (more than that it's great, honestly tbh) but just picked up on that one minor thing I thought I could mention.

Sounds like it could be done just for the edge but at the same time sounds like it would be breddy awesome

Thank you for the reccomendations, i could definitively change his design to a more lighter beard! One more update, i was doing a little script and up until luke 6, there will be 38+ pages..this will take a lot of work to complete lads, and i hope you don't forget about my little passion project. I'll keep you guys updated, but i won't be showing a lot of pages, i don't want to spoil it after all :^). But i will be showing the first debut of Mary, and Jesus.

crikey m8, that's some time you're gonna have to put in but you'll get a lot out of it and many anons and wider people will love to see it. Godspeed!

The creator Brendan, now known as Elbe. Kek.

Attached: elbe_spurling_february_2017_250x250.jpg (250x356, 48.96K)

Spoiler that trash next time, fam. Almost made me lose my dinner.

Attached: tenor.gif (310x264, 2.5M)

Hello guys, been hard at work. Wasn't planning to post this, but i got a question. Would it be okay to depict angels as human-like creatures? This is obviously not finished but since i'll be taking a break for today i might as well question this

Attached: PAGINA2.png (3000x4200, 1.7M)

Traditionally angels are depicted as human-like so there should be no problem with that for christians.

Attached: Guido_Reni_031.jpg (1503x2048 4.21 MB, 480.62K)

That's what i thought too. Thanks

Second page is finally done. I was thinking, should i include all bits of narration and events, or would that make it too boring/ troublesome to read? What do you think?

Attached: PAGINA2.png (3000x4200, 1.79M)

i have a bad habit of sending outdated images.

Attached: PAGINA2.png (3000x4200, 2.58M)

When you are finished with a page add FIN at the end of the file name so you know it is not the draft. Other than that i think it looks good. Maybe fill in some of the white space in the last panel with the Holy Spirit shining down light on Elizabeth to show her receiving God's blessing of John the Baptist.

I just noticed

haha i noticed that too, and fixed it already, thanks!

Frankly, if God is too much of a coward to step up and take responsibility for his actions and his followers are more than happy to enable his reckless behaviour under the common argument "muh free will exonerates God", why should I, or anyone, even bother following the impotent retard?

I see now why the kikes laugh at Christianity. It's a joke religion predicated entirely behind 'Heaven on a Stick,' don't mess up or you're going to suffer for eternity! This farce is unnecessary.

I spit on god.

Really just think about it. If your son murdered his brother then of course he should be punished. But wouldn't you contemplate your failures as a father?

God isn't infallible, so why would I follow him?

Oh hey! thanks man, i thought i had lost the thread. Thanks for finding it for me. Anyways, i'm on page 6 right now, just to give you guys an update. But i have a but of an doubt right now that i want to share with guys. I'll post later.

Anyway, OP here. Would like some advice and thoughts on this page. As you can see, it's part of the annunciation. I think i did a pretty good job on the first part, but on this im not so sure, specially the "…" can come across as mocking it, and i dont want to do that…and would like some input. ( as you can see, im working with real paper now, not digital, however i can edit it on photoshop )

Another thing i would like to discuss is: The issue of self-promotion. I was thinking of putting my name and other info on the end, so i can get some recognition and maybe some business offers, and i was also thinking of selling it on stores and such if given to opportunity, but i would also like it to make it acessible and free to everybody somehow, y'know? maybe i'm being moronic but i dunno. Also was thinking to show it to some japanese company..I would like to know your thoughts on all of this. Thanks for the attention,

You can make it a free pdf if you want, but honestly you ought to get compansated for your work. I'm sure a publisher will take you up and distribute your work. The profits you can use to build and fund the next project please be the book of Kings (all 4 of them)

Hahaha yeah i'll think about it.
Now about the mary issue, i assume it's okay? If so, ill move on to complete page 6. just dont know how ill depict john baptist jumping on elizabeth's belly tho

I don't think you posted it, so I'm 100% able to judge it, but I think it will be fine. As for John jumping for joy, you can always give Elizabeth's belly "jiggle" marks to indicate that it is moving.
Or maybe somehow show the baby smiling with it's arms held up to God in praise.

*so I'm not 100% able to judge it
sage for obvious reason