What do Zig Forums Christians think of video games

Feel free to express your opinion in this thread.

To briefly give my own opinion, I have surveyed the internet and found that almost every faction of GenZ and millenials, whether "redpilled" "SJW" or otherwise, has a worshipful hedonistic view when it concerns video games. In my view however, video games are the same as alcohol or drugs in terms of its effect on people, it is just that it is not considered "cool" in this generation to view video game overuse with the same contempt as drug use or alcoholism.

So, I want to know if some of you Christians have higher standards than this. But express your opinion, even if you think I'm a moron. Asking here because I am not really familiar of the Christian view on those things and moreso, some of you probably grew up on the internet like I did and actually know what our generation has experienced.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 172.26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kingdomgames.com/product/48/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Last time I played a game was AoE and Civ4 in 2010 or so.

As with, let's say, alcohol, I look at it as how you use it. If you play a game now and then as a simple diversion or you create video games to help feed your family, there's really no issue. If your whole life is consumed with video games, then you might have a problem. It's not much different than playing chess or Monopoly or whatever on game night with the family.

*Casual android gaems dont count.

Oh I play chess. That counts.

It's a sin it's used to fill the void, and ignore responsibilities. It's not a sin to enjoy things in life, or to have fun, but we need to be able to put it down when necessary and not become attached towards sensuality.

I don't think that video games are necessarily any more sinful than any other form of entertainment. Like other Anons are saying, as long as the game doesn't promote sinful behaviors and ideas, and as long as you don't let it consume you, then go ahead and game away, within reason. That said, I personally find very little value in the things. When I was in high school there were a few games I could play for hours on end, but these days they just don't hold up as entertainment for me, even the ones I used to enjoy. I like stories and ideas, and by the very nature of a video game the story and ideas presented in it have to be subordinate to hours of beating up pointless goons and solving silly puzzles.

I've played video games ever since i was 6 years old or younger, I wish that every moment that I had spent playing video games I spent it instead on learning how to play a musical instrument, or different languages, or reading books.

Generally, they are just a sleazy, nihilistic, and disgusting as movies and television are nowadays. I think they are a slight step up because they are more mentally engaging.

How do you guys generally plan out your free time? Just curious to see what it would look like. Do you regularly set aside time for reading or spiritual activities? I guess if either of you is married that would also take some free time each day.

I don't plan my free time. It happens when it happens. It's at that point I decide what to do with the time I have.

Attached: BWU5flwCQAAAfsU.jpg (600x600, 38.25K)

video games aren't intrinsically childish. Some of them are quite inappropriate for children, and unfortunately many times for adults too.

Video games are no different than TV. They are recreation.

its good to fill the winter void esp when your state is jammed with spics and its nearly impossible to find work.

Like any hobby, can be good or bad for a person depending on their disposition. A good game can hold one's attention keeping away thoughts that are impure like hand holding and barn dances. Good for recovering drug addicts. Probably bad for those with no identity or chance of success in any area of real life as it can become addictive and babies will get neglected as if they were babysat by a leftist. But for the most part the lack of physical movement is likely the worst part, hopefully video games of the future will adapt to some better physicality. As far a Christianity is concerned, it is actually a wasted opportunity for Christians to make games for everyone with a Christian slant– but the main naysayers of video games are Christian leaders who want total control of their flock. A game surrounding the life of a follower of Jesus and all the positivity that comes from that could come into contact with some who would never get that message. The industry is filled with edge lords and demonic imagery but a lot of the games I enjoyed had themes of overcoming evil, but alas rarely at the behest of the Lord. I think video games may have saved my life as a younger troubled user, and that in turn, saved my other lives as my career unfolded.

I believe you, but grown men doing nothing but playing video games is pretty childish, imo. When grown men forget God and the importance He plays in their lives, men forget how to be men and turn into pic related though I will admit, developing games is a good way to feed a family It really does depend on the person. As for me, I'll leave it in my past and I hope my siblings in Christ here on Zig Forums do the same.

Attached: images (18)

A game developer (for mainstream videogames) isn't more useful to the Glory of the Lord than a drug dealer.
How cool would it be to create a videogame that has your kids discover who owns the media, who are the evil ones and historically, how it got where we are now?

Can share these feels, although I still feel regretful I didnt find a better way when I was younger. Also if I ever have children, I dont want them growing up playing video games and browsing the internet mindlessly, just like I wouldnt want them taking alcohol.

All things in moderation. Video games have become pure escapism. In 2014 I made a plan to give em up for good. I drew up a real backlog document and over the next three years I played through everything I'd ever wanted to play again. I no longer waste my time on living a pretend life.

Same here but I started vidya at age 3. Now I've been free of it for a few years and have exactly what you listed in your post. It's never too late, user.

If your first inclination in a day is to play video games instead of reading Scripture, praying, fulfilling your obligations, or taking care of your duties, it's time to cut them off.
My rule of thumb for cutting it out of your life is if you spend more than three hours a day on it compared to anything else.

It's a waste of time
pure and simple

The same can be said of most things…

Why should anyone engage in that which is a waste of time?

Like posting on Zig Forums?

Because we are human and therefore weak and imperfect. The same reason some require companionship.

finding a job becomes a waste of time when the place is jammed with spics so you force people into their houses and video games becomes their life which is also a waste of time so instead of complaining about wasteing time waste spics with shotguns

Well indeed, the pragmatic reality is that I am talking of a standard, and people tend to fall short of standards by definition.

This is just a fantasy and I really dont care. Hope you have fun with the spree and the following prison sentence.

Oh look, it's one of the dudes arguing for white nationalism infecting another thread…

the spics would die then I could find a job, start a family finally and go to church again and live a normal life instead of sitting here telling you why you have forced me into my house not being able to find work to start a life and to not waste time playing video games.

BEGONE SATAN

Attached: vatican4c.jpg (648x363, 18.95K)

What is the point of fantasizing about something that will never happen, and should never happen.

Consider if it did happen. Even if you didn't go to prison, you are not going to live a "normal life" after murdering people. What you said is just a blood-drenched escapist fantasy.

Listen here spic and listen well, you have destroyed countless generations with your immigration. Normal people cannot have a life anymore cause you have stolen their jobs. They cannot even practice their faith because they cannot start a family or find a life, so you ignore Jaun Escobar and complain about what's a waste of time instead of focusing on what created the problem in the first place.

spic

No, I am telling you what your "solution" to the "problem" will result in. But go ahead, try and find out for yourself, just don't cry in jail after you get locked away for life without parole.

Cut your kids throats when their born and tell them to marry the spic down the street that works for low wages and gets nowhere in life by wasting her time at the same job for 20 years, or tell your kids to play video games cause they can't find a life. spic

Attached: get help.mp4 (326x184, 156.81K)

You are just a weak fantasizer. Life has already left you behind.

that it did, could not start a life cause I couldn't find work. you start to see why people leave the faith behind cause your all weak mother winnie the poohers who can't figure out why you waste your time. spic

He's just posting garbage. Either ignore him or spam meme's at him until he goes away. As per chan protocol.

Do not presume what kind of man I am, my good sir.

Attached: DftKG6wVQAAyJQC.jpg (214x1498, 35.08K)

True, although I find people like him fascinating. My theory is that they suffer from a diarrhea-like release of all the hatred they suppressed before getting "red-pilled" on 4chan or TRS or wherever. Their larping is a bit tiresome though.

Our country is slowly but surely being destroyed from within. We have millions of hungry, homeless legal citizens. We have millions more legal citizens who live in abject poverty dependent upon the government, charity, and food banks. Our vets are refused quality mental health care. Many of them are homeless due to their mental problems. Millions more live paycheck to paycheck. Half of the legal Americans cannot afgord quality healthcare. Millions have crippling student debt. Government employees cannot survive missing one paycheck. If we do not have the money to care for the millions of legal Americans in desperate conditions, where do we expect to find the resources to care for millions more who cannot speak English and the majority do not have a high school diploma? Why is it wrong to begin taking care of our own people, people who have contributed, who have fought for country, who have paid into a tax system that desserted them, to fix our own problems before we pile more poverty on top? This house of cards we call the United States is weak and crumbling. The time has come to demand real change. From within.

spic
p
i
c

In moderation there's no problem. Just don't get addicted to them or let them winnie the pooh your life or keeping you away from your duties.

Watch out brethren, here comes the testimony of Scripture

Genesis 9: 6
'''Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for God made man in his own image."

Exodus 20: 13
You shall not kill.

Exodus 21: 12-14
Whoever strikes a man so that he dies shall be put to death. But if he did not lie in wait for him, but God let him fall into his hand, then I will appoint for you a place to which he may flee. But if a man willfully attacks another to kill him treacherously, you shall take him from my altar, that he may die.

Leviticus 19: 17-18
You shall not hate your brother in your heart, but you shall reason with your neighbor, lest you bear sin because of him. You shall not take vengeance or bear any grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the LORD.

Deuteronomy 5: 17
You shall not kill.

Deuteronomy 27: 24
Cursed be he who slays his neighbor in secret. And all the people shall say, Amen.

Matthew 5: 21-22
You have heard that it was said to the men of old, 'You shall not kill; and whoever kills shall be liable to judgement.' But I say to you that every one who is angry with his brother shall be liable to judgement; whoever insults his brother shall be liable to the council, and whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be liable to the hell of fire.

Matthew 5: 43-48
You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you salute only your brethren, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? You, therefore, must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Luke 6: 27-36
But I say to you that hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. To him who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also; and from him who takes away your cloak do not withhold your coat as well. Give to every one who begs from you; and of him who takes away your goods do not ask them again. And as you wish that men would do to you, do so to them. If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, to receive as much again. But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for he is kind to the ungrateful and the selfish. Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful.

Romans 12: 14-21
Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly; never be conceited. Repay no one evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends upon you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God; for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” No, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals upon his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

I am not a leftist anyway. I just don't see how the solution to this is to "gas all spics" or whatever you are advocating.

You have to understand that your proposal will cause the collapse of the US followed by a massive civil war along racial lines. If you think the US has problems now, you don't know anything yet. An ethno-nationalist "solution" in the US would have Americans accept humanitarian aid from Africa by the time it is all over.

It is why I don't have faith in stormfags and am considering christianity. At least under christianity good-willed people of different races can unite to form a culture without killing each other, while they can still exclude legitimate degenerates and people who leech off of society (also of all races).

DO NOT PRESUME!

Attached: DftKwvsVQAA3y6r.jpg (164x2044, 37.43K)

You are correct, in a sense, but if one's talent is only making video games and said person has a wife and kids to feed, more power to that person I say. Better to be a game dev than a cocaine producer. Both still need to find God
Also

Attached: Super_3D_Noah's_Ark.png (300x200, 9.88K)

LOL, I agree.
Well that game was about shooting animals, heh, though I didn't play it I did play Wolfenstein…
Only now that I'm a grown man I can tell how they instilled into us the false narrative about the Germans and later, the demons with Doom.

your kids got raped and sodomoized and all you do is read lines from a book. wew lad no wonder people flee from you worthless stains of shat.

left/right is for the merry go round nutjobs anyways. I'm merely stating that when you jam these cultures together I don't see anyone unite, it's literally a mental ward under your rule.

All media is propaganda. It can be used to promote goodness, but often isn't.

Entertainment is not a sin in itself. But secular distraction is.
If video games negatively influence your life in Christ, drop them. If they don't, do what you want with them. If playing them is a stumbling block to your brethren who abstain from them, do not play them.

Firstly, I don't have children.
But if I did, and that were to happen to them, I'd be righteously furious. Justice should be done and the perpetrator should be punished according to justice.
But I'd forgive him, because God has been infinitely mercy with my sin. How then can I hold judgement over him? I would do my best to preach the Gospel to him.
Not a book. THE book.
The Word of God, the inspired writings of men chosen by God to deliver His message across the ages.
Considering your sacrilege and utter hatred for your neighbor, I highly doubt you believe, but let me testify.
The Lord Jesus Christ came down from Heaven, took on flesh, taught men to repent of their sins, suffered and died for his elect, rose from the grave and conquered death, and has sent his disciples across the world to spread that Gospel.
Repent, user, and believe.
Your hatred and anger will only serve to condemn you on the day of judgement.
Matthew 7: 13-14
Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is easy, that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard, that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

1 Corinthians 1: 18-31
For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written, "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the cleverness of the clever I will thwart." Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe. For Jews demand signs and Greeks seek wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men. For consider your call, brethren; not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth; but God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise, God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong, God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. He is the source of your life in Christ Jesus, whom God made our wisdom, our righteousness and sanctification and redemption; therefore, as it is written, “Let him who boasts, boast of the Lord."

The difference is you probably ask for forgiveness and repent unlike any pedophile would.

What do you guys do for fun?

Attached: Z7HeRxU.png (512x512, 360.9K)

I think they're pretty cool.
Though all the recent games are crap filled with swj bull.

I play videogames. I will not let my children play any game I myself have not played, nor will I allow them to play questionable things without making sure they are educated in the faith.

Assuming I don't massively screw up, I don't see any harm to letting my kids play Wizardry, but I would wait a bit before allowing them to touch most JRPGs because they really have a poor understanding of Christianity.

Video games are no different from reading a novel or watching a movie. Just try to choose games with decent themes like the old Castlevanias, just as you wouldn't watch some anti Christian movies for enjoyment. Retro games in general are better because they don't have all the SJW crap of today plus you can play them for cheap. They are also less addictive and more innocent since they lack all the Skinner box mechanisms of modern games, they're also more intense and difficult so at least you will master something and be humbled when you lose, and they will leave you more 'satiated' due to their shorter length, high difficulty and replay ability.

-Pray the Rosary
-Read the Bible
-Cook for my fiancée
-Go on Zig Forums and have dialogue with anons and fedoras
-read the news to keep up with politics

Things like that

Attached: ourladyoftherosary-500x675.jpg (500x675, 67.11K)

I do most of those things along with vidya… additionally:
-Pray the hours
-Read from the Fathers/Doctors of the Church
-Read up on actual medieval/ancient history (to undo the damage of western "education")
-Meditate on Scripture
-Look at Art/Iconography
-Listen to/play Punk/Hardcore/Metal/Oi! music
-Read Comics/Manga (typically fantasy stuff, but a few capes)
-Watch Twitch/Youtube
-Anime (because Gen-Z)
-Movies (mainly martial arts and action)
-Talk with my friends from the Newman Center (I'm a college student)

… At least outside of my classes.

Don't have one… yet… maybe?.. idk, I'm not really the one in charge of that am I? I'd like one atm, but who knows how long that'll last ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't think I've been here for 2 years. I feel like people sometimes need to take a hiatus from places like this. Helps you to avoid external negativity.
I mostly avoid the news like a plague. I keep up with current events, but the news is yet another source of external negativity to me. I'm cynical (borderline misanthropic at times) on my own, I don't need more negativity.

Point being, you can still maintain a very healthy spiritual life while enjoying the world around you. The problem with modern young adults/teens/kids isn't the distractions around them, it's that they have no focus on the spiritual to begin with. Me and the people I speak to at my Newman center do still have other hobbies.. but there are only like 12 of us. Because no one else our age understands or respects spirituality. Basically… hate the player, not the game.

Attached: 2401206_0.jpg (630x630, 58.48K)

It is a waste of time. I wish I had not played them. Luckily I have managed to break free from them years ago.

based and prayer pilled

pic related is me but unironically
what I do:
My schedule is so tight that I do not have time to listen for fun to all podcasts because I also have work and I have to sleep. Tbh I do not miss video games or TV/films/series anymore. I do not have the time. I am glad when I ge tthe time to listen to podcast while I post here.

Books>Vidya

What about games based off of books? Based off of other books…

Attached: 011280jpg-7667b2_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 215.28K)

Hobbies are only a prison if you let them become one m8. I do think that if it's gotten to that point with you it's better not to engage them, but that doesn't work as a general sentiment for all people.

Forgot to include that in my laundry list. Thanks for the reminder.

Kinda depends on the book, don't it?

Attached: 2-319.jpg (400x305, 31.49K)

Eh. Depends on your reason for reading it, and also what you take away from it.

Know thy enemy, etc.

Throwing them to the wolves at a young age eh? Best way to learn in my opinion.

Attached: Wizardry IV.jpg (800x834 1.07 MB, 191.62K)

What on earth happened in this thread while I was gone?

Zig Forums

As with everything, it should be done in moderation; if it separates you from God then it should be cast away.

It isn't my place to judge the heart of any sinner, pedophiles included.
Granted, that'd be a grave sin to repent of, but God can call even the most wicked to repentance.

Fear not, user, someone's beat you to the punch.
>kingdomgames.com/product/48/

A man full of hatred to his neighbor and gospel came in and went on a tirade about killing hispanic people.
Pray for him, he needs it.