When video games

When video games are just here to recall you that you'll NEVER live in a small christian medieval town or farm with loving people, a simple but fulfilling life …and that is gone and buried…
Why ?

Attached: 1542287753805.gif (500x393, 998.72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zelda.gamepedia.com/Symbols#The_Cross_and_Christianity
youtube.com/watch?v=ge8zd1ZR-hc
zelda.fandom.com/wiki/Cross
zelda.gamepedia.com/Sanctuary_(A_Link_to_the_Past)
time.com/4369537/female-link-zelda/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FauxSymbolism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why did you bother making this thread
also
OoT DS fake and gay

Because it's a kind of relevant subject and it makes the board active.
Also, I find the 3DS remake very good, but I've played this game on the n64 when it had released and it still has this special vibe soul to it…I love it.
However, Malon (especially adult Malon) is better on 3DS, no contest.

Attached: 1541886047841.png (1826x2319 74.56 KB, 2.84M)

You can still do that user.
Catholics Worker farms, Amish, etc.

Also there are some Christian monesteries that do farming I think.

If we stay firm with The Lord (and perhaps have the West repent and acknowledge it's sins, which would reveal its (((parasites))) )we may be able to see it in the future.

I live in one of the most cosmopolitan countries on the planet, while being kind of nice in the same time. It's possible for me, but it would mean that I would have to move inside the country, and I can't unfortunately.

Attached: OoT_3D_6-11_40.png (400x240, 163.13K)

Well, never give up the dream, user!

Attached: BD4E9831-449D-4CEE-B22B-605D7BA30298.jpeg (480x387, 158.76K)

The use of the gyroscope to aim is great, the n64 controller is well… the n64 controller

The 12 tribes communities live that way of life. Look into it if you’re interested.

I dunno about this one chief

lol soz OP I was just being a dick funposting
I've never actually played the DS remake, and haven't played games for over 10 years, I only call it fake and gay because the original holds a very special place in my heart and memory and am not a fan of the different atmosphere created by the bright sheen given to the DS graphics, nor the changes to the animation of Link which is linked (pun not intended) to the controls, which brings me on to..
I'm obviously being a funposting nostalgia fag but I get the sentiment, that game represented the ideal 'boy's adventure' and, because I loved the atmosphere of the world so much, would often just boot up the system to walk around town, play the mini games, ride around on Epona appreciating the landscapes, go fishing etc. etc., as I'm sure many of us did, in effect, living that idyllic rustic life you alluded to in your OP. Damn I loved that game.

Attached: 1543182679015.jpg (2397x3381, 3.58M)

One day we'll all have our cozy village and spend our days praising the lord in our riverside cabins.

i know this feeling..i play AC sometimes. It's so relaxing, i hope to live in a quiet cozy place in the future, rather than live in dystopic megacities.

There's a new one coming out soon and my brother wants me to get it so we can hang out together more by making our own town to live in.
I really appreciate "positive escapism." it's very different from what most people think escapism as.
In my opinion if the venue you're using as escapism preaches positive virtues and improves your consciousness and will to improve your own life, it's a positive form of escapism.

i agree. Besides playing games sometimes doesn't hurt.
Yeah, too bad i dont have a switch nor plan to buy one for now, too focused on drawing and studying, i'll have to content myself with new leaf lol

Attached: Kansas-Drought-Corn-1.jpg (630x420, 76.34K)

A cornfield isn't full of degeneracy and snares filled with sin and vice. I'd take the struggles of the farmer over the crushing horror of the city every single day of my life if I could. I'll soon have that chance. Polite sage for ranting.

Those are the people you're supposed to preach to. Doctors aren't needed in a place without the sick. Mark 2:17. Why are you scared of degeneracy? Excuse me, but do you still have so much doubt in your faith? How insecure are you? Be grateful you don't need to preach among pagans who are ready to physically torture you to a slow and painful death like the saints of the past.

Would you also admonish a recently recovered alcoholic for not wanting to enter a bar? Likewise, Sodom and Gomorrah are no places for me.

If you're trying to recover from your sinful past, then recover. Fuga mundi is good, but it's not good to run forever. This is what monks and priests do when they feel too burdened by their responsibility in the world, and they will go back when they feel spiritually fresh and mentally prepared to do their work. Christians can't live in a vacuum echo chamber because God wants them to love one another as God has loved them. Christ Has loved every sinner with all his heart, mind, and soul.

are there any games which present Christianity in a positive light?

Not really. No triple-A games, anyway. There are some independent games like Invisible Enemies specifically designed as Christian themes games; but, for the most part, it's just people memeing things like Link bowing at a cross - even though there is literally nothing like that in the games. Most video games are based in pagan legends or demonology.

That was an official early picture, and the early games had the word "bible" in it.

Castlevania?

Castlevania, well I guess so. at least it's neutral. Cant say that about fedora tipping cuck Warren Ellis, writer of the netflix castlevania anime.

That doesn't mean much. It was called "Bible" because, to the Japanese, it would be foreign and exotic. It's no different than Americans giving their characters Japanese names that seem exotic to us, but are normal nothings to the Japanese. Link was never a "Christian" and never bowed to a cross. Don't insert your own head canon into something the developers never intended.

Attached: link_nes.png (900x945, 6.72K)

It is an official picture…The picture of Link where he bows to the Cross with Jesus-Christ and (I assume) the statue of the Virgin Mary are Official…But they are not canon anymore.
Read here.
zelda.gamepedia.com/Symbols#The_Cross_and_Christianity
" Unusually, the Christian Cross also made an appearance in a piece of artwork of A Link in the Past created for the official Japanese Player's Guide, depicting Link kneeling in front of the crucifix, a Cross with the representation of Jesus' body, in prayer. While its canon status is very questionable, it is one of the stronger references to Christianity in The Legend of Zelda series and also seems to suggest that Link may have been portrayed as a Christian. "
This saga has a lot of Pagan symbols and a lot of Christian symbols, either implicitly or explicitly. There is probably some kind of Japanese religion thrown in it too. The fact is that The Legend of Zelda is clearly inspired by Germany and it takes inspiration in both paganism and Christianity.
And I mean…There are Churches and cathedrals in this Saga, and European medieval infrastructure, you can't say that they don't inspired heavily from Christianity. It's obviously not explicitly Christian but it has a lot of Christian symbols.
Just watch the end of OOT here in the Temple of Time, with the Bell's sound…
Here at 9:00
youtube.com/watch?v=ge8zd1ZR-hc
And you could also make the argument that the Triforce could be some representation of the Logos, order of the universe, by it being the trinity of "God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit", which might be a symbol that portrays the spirit of the Cross.
Of course, all of this is never explicitly said in the game, in the contrary, but the symbolism is there, and it even says that the TriForce is the Order of the Universe (the Logos).
So yeah, it's not exclusively christian, there are also pagan stuff and other asian religions I'm sure, but since it's inspired by Europe Germany, you can be sure that Christianity has a main influence.

That's an official picture? It looks like really, really bad fanart from some place like dA.

Yes, it was an official picture.
zelda.fandom.com/wiki/Cross
"With its secret power, you'll be able to see enemies which you normally can't see."
— Zelda II: The Adventure of Link manual
The Cross is a quest item from Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. Obtained in the sixth dungeon, the Hidden Palace, it enables Link to see enemies who would otherwise be invisible. Without the Cross, navigating the Valley of Death, which leads to the Great Palace, proves to be extremely difficult.
"Although the Cross' origin is never explained in-game, it is known that Christianity was the intended religion of the Legend of Zelda series prior to the creation of the Golden Goddesses. This accounts for the prevalence of a cross motif in the two original games, as additionally seen on the shields of Link and Darknuts, as well as the tombstones in the graveyard. The last time a cross would be revisited would be promotional artwork for A Link to the Past, which included Link kneeling in prayer before a crucifix."
zelda.gamepedia.com/Sanctuary_(A_Link_to_the_Past)
And see video related tooo, it talks about Religion about this video game Saga.

And here another guy's video on the same subject.

It is still possible op.
Too late for me but just do it man you got one life!

Showeling cow excrement day in and day out. Just man up and fight the kikes.

time.com/4369537/female-link-zelda/
The creator of Zelda games since Ocarina of Time wants Link to be a trap, so no. Also, Zelda 1-3 had christian symbols simply because it's an exotic and cool thing for the Japanese. Maybe it's true that Ocarina of Time's plot was a subtle reference to the crusade wars, but there's no message behind it. The Triforce isn't a christian trinity concept, it's based on the eastern spirituality concept of balance, similar to Yin Yang (and Light and Dark Force in Star Wars). It symbolizes Good (Zelda), Evil (Ganon), and keeper of balance (Link).

Zelda has many christian symbols, deal with it.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FauxSymbolism

Attached: 15418860474841.png (550x720, 298.36K)

Yeah, I've complained to people that the way Christianity and the church are presented in that show is counter to how religion in the actual games is presented, but all the atheist neck-beards who watch it refuse to acknowledge that the games presented Christianity as the good guys.

A staple weapons of the series are holy water and a cross, you get healing at a church in Simons quest., the opening scene of CV3 is Trevor kneeling in front of a cross (while in the anime he a drunken vagrant), Rondo of blood Richter's special attack is raining crucifixes, monks and Friars regularly help the Belmont Family, etc… and yet according to these people "The series has always been neutral to Christianity" Yeah, OK.

Reminds me of when they made Daredevil an Atheist (which has been undone than God). They just can't depict Christianity in a positive or even neutral light because they're all the byproducts of antichristian propaganda that's infected western education. It'd be saddening were it not so infuriating.

The games themselves are fine because Japan is basically religiously neutral, so they have no reason to crap on Christians. Warren Ellis is a hack,and if the mainstream actually had taste enough to see beyond his pseudo-philosophical BS, cucks like him, Alan Moore, and Niel Gaiman would have been out of a job decades ago.

Attached: castlevaniayeah.gif (256x224 76.56 KB, 4.37K)

Yuri animes have that in every episode.

Based christian thread.

Attached: Logos.png (1797x1070 1.46 MB, 1.18M)

All that happens is to help in our salvation. Clearly it is better for us to have been born now, instead of anywhen else.

Frankly, if God is too much of a coward to step up and take responsibility for his actions and his followers are more than happy to enable his reckless behaviour under the common argument "muh free will exonerates God", why should I, or anyone, even bother following the impotent retard?

I see now why the kikes laugh at Christianity. It's a joke religion predicated entirely behind 'Heaven on a Stick,' don't mess up or you're going to suffer for eternity! This farce is unnecessary.

I spit on god.

Really just think about it. If your son murdered his brother then of course he should be punished. But wouldn't you contemplate your failures as a father?

God isn't infallible, so why would I follow him?