Noahs ark

I heard some say Noahs ark is a metaphor. If so, WHAT does it mean?

Attached: Jaztrabiec.jpg (188x269, 24.17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

monergism.com/christianity-and-liberalism-ebook
youtube.com/watch?v=hLvYFC8xWZ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

(checked)
Well one can look at it in literall AND as a Christological sense. Jesus and His Church is the ark that saves us from God's punishment on the wicked. The flood is a symbol of baptism on the world that washes away the vile sins.

Attached: ark-of-jesus.jpg (960x720 18.36 KB, 78.83K)

Augustine further commented on the dimensions of the Ark being symbolic for those of a human's dimensional ratios, further the entrance being a prophetic symbol for the spear-wound in the side of Christ. The Ark is symbol for the body of Christ, who is the salvation of man through His grace and through the communion we take part of.
The Bible is literal, prophetic, symbolic, spiritual; the works of God are not simply in the material.

It means that those people you heard from don't respect God's word.
It's history that also has typological relation to Christ.

Wow, I never thought of the entrance as the spear wound before. If you think about it further. Noah and his family represents Israel and them taking in two of each animal is alot like Jesus inviting the Gentiles into God's family so everyone can be saved from God's judgement. Truly God's word is beautiful beyond compare.

Another good image explaining the connections between this OT story to the NT.

Attached: p34_full.jpg (720x979, 195.02K)

It's literally true, not a metaphor, although it may also hold symbolic meaning.

Get a load of these preschool beliebers.

Jordan Peterson argued that the whole story of Noah is about a man who is in tune with God and who is prepared for the flood, which is a metaphor to the chaos of life that destroys things, and the arc symbolizes the work it takes to build order in the world to keep yourself safe.
And all the animal stuff is meant to say that creation itself, being under man's dominion, must also be preserved.

Attached: 0o.png (64x65, 11.43K)

It is literally true and shows that few will be saved

Stop, that's actually really embarrassing.

Noah's ark is a type of baptism and the Church

Noah's ark is a metaphor for salvation. Same with jews walking on the desert to find the holy land.

Both of those aren't meant as literal and didn't happen in reality.

I bet it is when even PETERSTEIN makes more sense than your Sunday school literal inquisitor.

Back to shadow of r/Christianity with you.

What is your deal man?
Like, literally, what is wrong with you?(USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST)

Attached: 1524659095609.jpg (204x276, 31.88K)

That user did nothing wrong. (You) on the other hand believe a literal heretic over the church.

It's has a both literal and metaphorical sense. For the metaphorical one check St. Peter's second epistle.

that makes a lot of sense, i think :D

I honestly don't have the slightest clue how people like you can even consider yourself Christians when you obviously don't believe in God.

Belief in God =/= Believing in clear myths like a 6-year-old

Wew lad

I did nothing wrong and was banned for relaying another person's interpretation of the Bible, which was a good and very rational interpretation.
I don't even care about what you crazy people think anymore.

Attached: 1529630298627.jpg (720x699, 43.54K)

Cool story heretic, have you washed your penis yet?

Attached: tenor (1).gif (480x262, 2.71M)

Why do people try to pick and choose what parts of the Bible they consider to be reality and fiction, this is like Atheists constantly changing their "science" to fit in with their worldview, rather than the other way around they claim to act as

Attached: 1530484657958.png (540x260, 37.71K)

read this, especially chapter 3
Ebook: monergism.com/christianity-and-liberalism-ebook
Audio: youtube.com/watch?v=hLvYFC8xWZ8

Attached: liberalism800.jpg (533x800, 32.16K)

Cherry-pickers are the worst examples of Christianity. You soyboys are responsible for the most pozzed churches like the Church of Sweden.

As a matter of fact I did.
How does it feel to be holier-than-thou and insulting people with valid opinions?

Now this is some a-spicey bait. So spicey.

It's less spicy than believing irrational reasoning under the cloak of irony and superiority. Now the latter is spicy.

You are very quick to accuse others of something things you are clearly guilty of yourself.
please go back to reddit

Like what?

It's funny that this one gets written off as a myth so quickly, when practically every culture outside Judaism and Christianity also have a flood story. It's not a coincidence.