Paranormal/spiritual "other" thread

My parents have no spiritual filter. They believe everything they see, no questions asked.
My mom's a "medium/Reiki healer/paranormal investigator/minister", who claims that she can help souls travel to Heaven and that since she prays to Jesus it's all fine. Step-dad just agrees with all of it. They stopped going to church because the Pastor said that being involved with mediumship is a "spiritual death".

Personally, I think everything besides the Bible is totally fake. Since I became more religious, they seem to think I'll believe everything they do.

What's Zig Forums's hot takes on the spiritual "others"?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-02-20-48-20~2.png (1100x1100, 1.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Tulpas/comments/as8f70/questions_for_christian_tulpamancers/
qz.com/quartzy/1411909/the-explosive-growth-of-witches-wiccans-and-pagans-in-the-us/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Its degenerate and un christian

Medieval Christians believed in ghosts. There's also the witch of Endor. I tend to assume everything's a demon, but my guardian angel usually tells me it's just a brain glitch or something. Ironic how an angel is keeping my superstition in check.

Deuteronomy 18:10-14

Attached: 028C1AAA-A08A-4E45-A653-1D1F757074AB.jpeg (4032x3024, 2.79M)

show them this

If it doesn't contradict the faith, it is fine with me. Any truth in a thing is of God, any falsity is from man. Avoid the falsehoods.

But lots of things ARE demons.

it's literally satanic

ummm

Guardian angels can "illuminate" lower intellects, listen to Fr. Rippergers talks on it. St. Padre Pio talked to his also, and many other Saints. Pope Francis encourages that we all do this. It makes life easier.

I think it takes a high intellect to listen to your guardian angel. Low intellects talk to trees (but might happen upon a real spirit by chance) and mid-intellects are too prideful and insecure to admit something that feels like a childish imaginary friend is smarter than they are. High intellects are past the dunning kruger curve and feel no shame in doing things that feel silly to them on the surface level because the chance of a valid experience is more important than pride.

Attached: 43198A96-CF5B-49E6-BC0E-007B4747F48B.jpeg (330x330, 35.48K)

Which is good advice for those whom are genuinely spiritually inclined, for others, it may come off the wrong way, like that one user who claimed he spoke to his guardian angel and killed demons and etc etc.

"but God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise, God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong,"

There is a huge difference between wisdom and IQ, even though they trend directly proportional. Aquinas wasn’t exactly dumb.

This is what happens when you remarry after divorce, kids.

This

Somewhat related, what are your thoughts on tulpas?
There was a thread on reddit not too long ago of someone asking Christian tulpamancers some questions:

reddit.com/r/Tulpas/comments/as8f70/questions_for_christian_tulpamancers/

Attached: C20C7907-514F-44BD-BC9B-C23B668328FE.jpeg (4032x3024, 3.43M)

absolutely so stupid it hurt to read, I'm a lurker but I couldn't keep my mouth shut on this

please stop being retarded and stay away from all -mancy

The danger with "Spiritualism" and the like is not that it might lead you out of the faith… It's a problem but this is not the real danger.
The issue lies with the fact that it mistakes the psychic realm (everything related to the soul) with the spiritual (spirit).
People want to see and feel things, they want experiences… Reiki, Ouija/being a medium gives us immediate result since the psychic realm is really easy to get to: any idiot can learn to lucid dream or make a "tulpa"
Middle aged bored "spiritual" wife buys a few talisman, says mantra and get result : here we come she's now ascended and can help souls
Those practices aren't demonic in themselves but they usually stop any kind of real spiritual development with their illusions and there's a high risk of "opening" oneself to all kind of malicious influences… more than often from our very sinful nature.

There are many stories of tulpamancers getting overriden by intrusive thoughts, hobbyist buddhist practicers that go crazy because they can't handle their winnie the poohed up inner selves… and real cases of demonic possession.

Sadly, since these practices are sugarcoated with "love" and "tolerance" this is going to be more and more common

qz.com/quartzy/1411909/the-explosive-growth-of-witches-wiccans-and-pagans-in-the-us/

I thought this was funny, but she thought this stuff in first marriage too.
New daddy doesn't do Paranormal investigations, though.

Please Christanon, don't be Christian Weston Chandler…

Attached: DS0l9Q4X4AE0NsG~2.jpg (487x575, 97.24K)

Even if you think you're being completely psychological about it, it's a practice that's frequently a gateway into occultism. Like lucid dreaming, it might not be evil in and of itself, but it's certainly not going to lead you to anything good, so it's better to just stay away.

What do you guys think werewolves are?
What causes a human to become a werewolf?
What are the effects of being a werewolf?

Attached: 1978B833-0B3F-4138-B544-25B075D12068.png (500x709, 613.55K)

Certain kinds of spirits of non-violent freshly beings. Might be shapeshifters like centaurs and co. I do not think humans can become one just like we can't become angels. Or, another option, it is a myth that either represents something or some fear, or a myth that never happened. With anything like this we can only speculate and not be sure unless we have a personal experience which is exceedingly rare.

Also if you have an experience, take it to a priest first, could be a demon. Keep it to the vest.

Get this retarded fanfiction out of here. I can't say about what ever pagan sects beleived in or saw about werewolves, but try to look into the history of the Church or government or basically anything for last 2000 years and try to see anything correlated with a mention to real werewolves. They are folk lore.

all my internet research only correlated to Christianity in this regard.

Attached: hwaetINretardation!!.png (742x418, 212.1K)

Yes, I'm sure that's very helpful to any lurkers with a spiritual experience.

Excuse me for reciting Catholic speculation on these things. Saint Jerome apparently saw a centaur of some being like this, and others, and a Catholic book that people reference called daemonia goes into it. If you don't believe it, that's fine, I myself am agnostic on it and want to stay that way ( I don't want to see or be bothered by any of this stuff if it exist), but it certainly isn't "retarded fancfiction".

The user I was replying to implied humans can become werewolves. I believe is not possible, and if it is, only through witchcraft. To me it seemed almost a fantasization, which one should not desire and should be avoided. There is nothing more beautify than the human body god made for us. As for any spiritual experiences, I highly doubt any user had any and if they did, they should not try to seek them out again. I fail to see how such experiences have any effect on ones faith in God.

Is your Dad named David Wilcock by any chance?

It's like reading infinite cringe.

Let me tell you all, Christanons, I've seen UFOs and shadow people. Likewise I've experienced spiritual warfare nearly face-to-face with evil spirits.

Spiritual "others" are simply people going against the scripture and God's word. If the belief is not of God or Jesus, it is of Satan. I don't think a lot of people (non elect, worldly) understand that if it's not Christian, it's a work of Satan. False religions brought about by false teachers, that sort of deal. I'm sorry to hear the condition your parents are in, as sin cannot exist in the presence of God, but I will pray that they find Him again some day.

Literal demons. Sin can corrupt the soul (possession), but changing and morphing someone into a being of mysticism? Doesn't work. However, we know for certain that demons can appear to people however they want to. It'd make sense for demons to appear to us in different forms of malevolent beings (aliens, UFOs, shadow people, witches, etc.) to encourage further deprivation from God and cause cognitive dissonance. The government's in on it too, but that's a story for Christian/pol/.

Based liberal theology prottie

What about the people who become werewolves? It’s not like there aren’t stories of St. Patrick turning half of Ireland into werewolves. I’m also very skeptical of the assertion that a human body isn’t malleable. Too many modernists believe it and most medieval people believed the opposite. Medievals also believed lycanthropy was caused by sin not a bite.

medieval people, or the the medieval church?

Anyways,the only people who really know about these matters are exorcists, so it's important to take basically this whole thread with a grain of salt, this is just a general disclaimer. I don't claim to know and I can be wrong.

How do I make demon hallucinations go away? It’s getting worse. Last night I heard evil laughter but an angel told me to ask Jesus to make it go away and He did. But I don’t want to bug Jesus for everything.

Attached: 383CC2A7-A002-432E-B31B-10DB39DB974A.jpeg (497x497, 40.79K)

Christ wants you to "bug" him. The scriptures say to "pray without ceasing" - 1 Thessalonians 5:16

Pray the rosary. Demons hate the rosary.

Attached: RMPTR-PNG.png (480x192, 24.69K)

I believe werewolves in the past were what we call serial killers nowadays.

It might’ve been a label for such people at some point in history but the werewolf cultural phenomenon is universal. Another thing that’s universal are the types of gods in pagan pantheons which is likely because the gods are demons. I wonder if the werewolf meme spread because these demons were turning people into werewolves whether physically or behaviorally.

Behaviorally, sure. I don’t think a body could survive physical transmutation into another organism.

Too many people agree with that sentiment for it to be correct.

[-]

Keep in mind the definition of demon.