Was Baldwin IV of Jerusalem a Saint?

It just seems incredible to me no matter how many times I read about him again and again.

The protector of the Holy Land, devout and faithful in spite of being so young and suffering from leprosy, he managed to defeat the great hero of the Saracens.

It's like story straight out of a book, so I was wondering, obviously there's no way he would be a Saint in the Orthodox Church, but is there case to be made for declaring Baldwin IV of Jerusalem a Saint in the Roman Catholic Church or is that simply too far?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x544, 91.86K)

My last name is Baldwin :^)
Definitely fuels the will to LARP as a crusader

Larping as Baldwin begins at developing leprosy you know.

He was never canonized, so no.

It seems to influence others to LARP as Trump.

Attached: baldwin.jpg (1000x563, 424.21K)

The ancestor of Alec Baldwin.

Well that's the obvious answers I guess apologies for my poor phrasing.

What I really wanted to ask was, are there any grounds for potentially declaring Baldwin IV of Jerusalem a Saint? Or is there really no basis for such a thing.

Venerated, maybe. Not sure about full canonization. The Vatican's Congregation for the Causes of Saints committee determines such things. If they prove that he lived a life of heroic virtue, then he'll be given the title "Venerable". Only way to find out, though, is to talk to a Bishop and ask if he'll nominate Baldwin IV.

But that's all for Earthly sainthood. God is the one who consecrates sainthood the moment a person enters Heaven. Earthly sainthood is mortal recognition of what we believe is God's will. It's very complicated.

at 13 I was eating glue in middle school.

Attached: c6dc16b540cc4373a71ab5179855a27aa74c32a399134bd25ea374a875bfa25b.jpg (1080x1155, 125.23K)

Yeah. It's like Paul being the least of the apostles did most of the work.

Attached: 1529630298627.jpg (720x699, 43.54K)

Not to mention the occasional earthly saints who gets made for pure publicity.
inb4 every modern pope

I know right? Absolute mad lad in service of God.

Attached: 1512260607379.png (1000x1000, 345.4K)

Didn't he kiss a Koran?

He loved everyone.
That's why he's better than any of us.

Attached: hie24571__85814.1394136357.jpg (285x484, 32.11K)

t. polish

He didn't love communists much.

Pretty sad tbh. But it's what happens when you believe God is essentially known by everyone, even if it's just a kernel of truth.

This is poor theology though. God is only known by revelation.

But poor theology didn't prevent him from being a tireless and charitable man.

…and?
He didn't love Communism nor should anyone sensible. An idea is not a person though.

Attached: dacmmqxp[xfi vmu.jpg (660x350, 57.47K)

Well yeah, communism is anti-christian.
JPII also canonized the Luminous Mysteries of the Rosary.

Attached: Blessed-JPII.jpg (252x386, 105.61K)

No offence but only a pole could write so positively about JPII so I just knew it.

Kissing a Koran is idolatry and one of the worst sins possible. As well as allowing the abomination at assisi

However he died wearing the scapular so we know he's a saint

I think his desire to see the good even in outsiders is more the result of WW1 and 2. That's another bad effect of that war. It also created the EU, UN, etc., etc.. All kinds of people compromising too much… but at the same time, I partly understand the motivation because WW1 and WW2 were absolute horror/hell on earth.

I still struggle trying to understand and balance this.. and where you draw the line.

Weird.. I had to do a captcha on the 2nd post. I'm the same user fyi.. just in case it matters.

I mean, my family is polish, and my grandparents did adore the man, but I only recently converted back to Catholicism, so I doesn't really play a part in my opinion of him. Also, I was never really super in touch with my polish identity. It was just a really funny coincidence.

I just legitimately think he was a pope legitimately worthy of sainthood. I even met a fair amount of trads that agree, so there has to be some universal appeal to the guy. That's part of why Benedict and Francis fall short for a lot of people on one side of the isle or the other.

Also, as was previously said, his works related to Mary are fantastic.

Attached: f374d74f90b83760efdc961bd89765f5.jpg (788x1014, 233.61K)

Alright Polski bro I see where you're coming from (Hungarian here so great to see you brother).

And yes I had the same experience, many tradcats adore John Paul II except for his fumbling around with the Qur'an relatively few things can be labeled against him, I'm no Roman Catholic so I have no right to judge whether he is worthy of Sainthood in the RCC or not but he does have one of the cleaner better records of recent Popes for sure.

Even the saints have sinned at one point or another…

Especially given that he's polish. They got hit very hard between being the first country Hitler invaded, Auschwitz, the Kirchenkampf, etc. It's no coincidence a lot of martyrs of WWII are Poles.