Why is American Christianity so retarded?

Why is American bred Christianity so retarded? It's either sodomite loving child murdering liberals, seizure inducing Pentecostals, false prophet prosperity gospel televangelists, black churches, or hardline angry fundamentalists who have no clue how to properly interpret the Bible. Plus it gave rise to even more retarded things like Mormonism and the Jehovah's Witnesses. How did this level of retardation even occur among American Christians? Where's the history? Where's the tradition? Where's the exegesis? Where's the academics? It's just so utterly retarded…

Attached: s_anderson_2_t750x550.jpg (800x600 1.39 MB, 118.55K)

Its the fruits of Martin Luther's Protestant devolution and (((Freemasonry))).

Attached: Pope-Pius-X.jpg (689x500, 40.92K)

It has to do with individualism being infused into our culture which encourages the attitude that you are right no matter what. Also a lot of the pilgrims who originally settled in The States were quaker hippies, calvinists, and other assorted heretics.

agreed
agreed
agreed
usually
any kind of eisegesis is bad
agreed

Now STOP and evaluate: is this representative?
In truth there is not a single greater place in the world to be a zealous, conservative Christian. We have more and higher quality theological seminaries than anywhere. We have more and better theologians, more and better churches (whatever your stripe), more and better christian private school and homeschoo, more and better Christian authors, and so on, all because of the principle of religious liberty, prosperity as a result of relative economic freedom, and Christianized history (ancestry, founding, great awakenings).

Very best of all, you're free to just ignore heretics. There is no state church that could be subverted by jews to oppress your practice. If your region has bad churches or doesn't give you the freedom you want, there are 49 other states and a majority of them red.

Name one solitary country in a better spot holistically. Can you?
Not Western Europe, it's backslidden and invaded.
Not Eastern Europe, it's nominal and poor.
Not Asia.
Not Australia/NZ.
Not MidEast.
Definitely not Africa.

There's a reason we're the leader in missions.

Attached: 2f5ed5f1ca7498c7e512b2101e40b3b3d6a472120bf4cfae4c00b4788c18a11a.png (788x1000, 913.32K)

Based

Attached: 1515154609930.png (1600x1200 71.13 KB, 376.16K)

It's just the product of American history.

In the post enlightenment era with the rise of Biblical textual criticism from overseas in Europe, many Protestant traditions began liberalizing their theology, and something like deism became a legitimate theological view among many Anglicans and ironically among the descendants of the Puritans who ultimately gave rise to organizations like the Unitarian Universalists, the Church of Christ, and of course the Episcopal Church in the United States.

Fundamentalism was a response to this. While in Europe the Catholic Church was responding to these new post-enlightenment ideas with Vatican I, some Protestant groups that gained much ground in the awakening, especially among the Baptists, began doubling down on an extremely literal interpretation of the Bible.

In the awakenings, a new sense of spirituality was being promoted, especially through the work of the Anglican splintered Methodist preachers who began emphasizing the personal relationship between God and the Christian believer. Suddenly a whole host of new movements arose with their own prophets and visions and scriptures, such as the Mormons, Adventists, and later the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Pentecostalism primarily arose out of the Anglican splintered Methodist and Wesleyan churches. The Pentecostal movements more or less were extensions of the various revival movements we find in the awakenings that ultimately arose in the early 20th century as new interpretation of the relationship between the individual and the Holy Spirit.

The prosperity gospel groups are basically neo-Pentecostal movements and their message is rooted in the unique form of American capitalism whereby one can go from poverty to prosperity through God.

Black churches are a result of black American slaves feeling isolated from white Christians who were often their masters. Black slaves used to identify themselves with the Israelites and white Christians as Egypt. This gave rise to many black churches and also other groups like the black Hebrew Israelites.

It's all the product of then unique history of America.

70% of US Catholics say homosexuality should be accepted
51% of US Catholics say abortion should be legal

Don't criticize cultural Protestantism if you don't want cultural Catholicism to be criticized.

"extremely literal" is pejorative and misleading. The historical-grammatical method is what you're alluding to.

And every one of those CINOs will get the lake of fire, but even they wouldn't exist if the Prot Devolution never poisioned their minds with freemasonic individuality.

boogeyman argument
There is not a causal link between the existence of protestant theology and catholic apostasy

Show me where in any of the Reformers' writings this kind of stuff is affirmed

low IQ

informed post

Sola Fide is basically the idea that you are saved no matter what you do as long as you have faith in Christ. Which in turn would justify hedonistic lifestyles.

It's funny how Cathos always blame Prots for everything wrong when the root is actually Roman Catholicism. Your silly notions of grace and sin, as well as scholasticism, are what inspired Luther's and Calvin's theology and thus Protestantism as a whole.

You should study the Church Fathers and begome Ordodox, the one and only true form of Christianity established by Jesus Christ as the true Church in 33 A.D.

Attached: images (9).jpeg (179x282, 10K)

Listen to based Orthobro, fellow Americans.

strawman
look no further than the piety of Luther himself for the view of hedonism in relation to sola fide

I can see why you would think that, since that's what sects like the Andersonites teach, but it's not what the Reformers taught at all.

Luther writes:
"Therefore, when some say that good works are forbidden when we preach faith alone, it is as if I said to a sick man: 'If you had health, you would have the use of all your limbs; but without health, the works of all your limbs are nothing'; and he wanted to infer that I had forbidden the works of all his limbs; whereas, on the contrary, I meant that he must first have health, which will work all the works of all the members. So faith also must be in all works the master-workman and captain, or they are nothing at all."

The Bible was always interpreted literally though, that didn't change.

Nah, I actually respect ALL of the church fathers, not just 3 of them. That's not a dig at Basil, Gregory of Nazianzus, or Chrysostom though. Their great… as are all the Eight Doctors of the Church.

Blaming Augustine for Luther's error when the issues of protestant theology are clearly far deeper than that is a massive straw man.

Attached: st-augustine-of-hippo-9-236x300.jpg (236x300 21.36 KB, 33.72K)

So you agree with Augustine that salvation is through faith alone?

The problem here is that average protestants don't study Luther (sola scriptura after all) therefore their understanding of this doctrine is not the same as his and this is apparent in their behavior.

St. Augustine believed in works-based salvation, friend. Faith without works is dead, as Augustine himself would remind you.

Given that the way he defines faith is different from protestants, yes.

I will never understand the Orthodox position on St. Augustine…

Right, but you can't attack Protestantism for heretical beliefs of cultural Protestants any more than I can attack Catholicism for heretical beliefs of cultural Catholics. No devout Protestant believes that stuff (excluding sects like the Andersonites which really aren't Protestant in the first place).

We didn't nuke any "enemies". America stupidly chose to nuke the two most Catholic cities in Japan, full of old people and kids. I bet the only message the Japanese emperor got out of it is that America is so psychotic they even nuke Christians, whom his own people persecuted once…. but not on those levels.

It was a masonic human sacrifice. Nothing good about it.

moving the goalposts

Yes I can and yes you can.

I did study the church fathers, and majority of them reaffirm the need for a Pope.
You schismatics are one to talk. The slavs you converted didn't even want to break communion with the west and yet yall dragged them with you. Now you reap what you sow as the slavs try to break away from Constantinople today.
Maybe if Pat. Michael didn't grow such a prideful ego there would be no prots today.

So then you get the short stick, since polls show Catholics approve of LGBT and abortion at much higher rates than evangelicals.

We agree on that! But Augustine would remind you works can't merit salvation – he definitely did not believe in a "works-based salvation", but the necessity of works with true faith, which Protestants also believe.

If that's the impression you got from them, you should re-read them.

Except, I'm Orthodox.

Catechumen or baptized?

…yes, because faith without works is dead. You need faith, and the works to show it. This is what all Catholics believe, or should believe, as it re-affirmed by the Church.

You Jay Dyer myrmidons should watch Erick Ybarra.

It is also what Protestants believe. Faith alone but that faith is never alone

no, they believe that faith is justified apart from works, for catholics, it is both faith and works. faith is not justified without works.

Do you not believe this? Because Paul says, "We hold that a person is justified by faith apart from works prescribed by the law," and goes on to say, "But to one who without works trusts him who justifies the ungodly, such faith is reckoned as righteousness." The works that faith produces are not able to merit salvation or justification because, as Isaiah says, all our good works are like filthy rags before God.

I believe that Faith without works is dead, just as scripture tells us. Once we have the faith, then the works, inspired and justified by the grace of God, must flourish.

my bro that's exactly what we believe

oh, so you're Catholic then?

can each of you clarify what tradition you're part of

Baptized

Apostolic Tradition; Catholic

Reformed

So you must know that there is a lot of cultural orthodoxy. 53% of Orthodox think abortion should be illegal vs 33% of Evangelicals, still the shorter end of the stick. But I don't think we should measure this way

What you said is not the usual catholic answer here, it seems totally aligned with reformed theology

in America to clarify

true

Attached: abortion.png (640x916, 33.31K)

which is funny to me, because I'm usually here arguing with protestants anyway

Rather than engaging in a D&C thread, can we at least agree the kikes and the cultural marxism they gave birth to are responsible for this society of sin which many Christians have been corrupted by?

Attached: jesus man.webm (480x360, 709.14K)

I can agree to that, but don't forget (((Freemasonry))) is also responsible for alot of whats wrong with the West as well.