Is the use of psychedelics sinful?

Is it a sin to use psychedelics? What about just microdosing where there is no possibility of encountering spirits? What if while tripping you completely refuse to talk to any spirits?

I do know that tripping allows demons to speak to you, but I wonder if its redeemable whatsoever. I did read one interpretation of the Old Testament that manna (Exodus 16) is identical in appearance to mushrooms. Also sorry for the DMT Ape Man talking point but what about the burning bush? It seems there is some precedence for psychedelics to be used in order to communicate with God or His messengers. Perhaps if you scrutinized and tested each entity you encounter ( 1 John 4:1) you may avoid displeasing The Lord. Here is a relevant excerpt from Orthodoxy: Religion of the Future by Seraphim Rose.

Yet at the same time I wonder if I am just being to expedient. I used to trip but stopped when it became clear to me I was in communication with demons and I needed to re-conceptualize everything I knew about psychedelics and the spiritual world. The spiritual warfare you undergo while tripping is compared to the spiritual warfare of monks. Am I being retarded for thinking that I, a lousy sinner, have enough fortitude to resist demons when seeing them face to face when it is difficult for monks to?

Regardless of myself, should there not be a Christian guide for those who do wish to undergo tripping to warn them of what they might encounter and how to resist the prelest that follows ignorant acceptance of the half-truths of demons?

Attached: 平行宇宙-Multiverse-70x100cm-acrylic-on-canvas-2017.jpg (3854x2663, 11.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

biblestudytools.com/lexicons/greek/nas/pharmakeia.html
eternallifeblog.com/pharmakeia-sorcery-bible/
twitter.com/WesternIdentity/status/1096758520467333120
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_anarchist_communities
listverse.com/2016/06/29/10-instances-of-anarchist-societies-that-actually-worked/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_Sturlungs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_status_of_psilocybin_mushrooms
imgur.com/user/PSIDAR
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nope, your body is a temple, you will become more truly spiritual by not winnie the pooh it with shrooms. Try quitting all drugs for a time, and you will see how much you've missed, both of health, and of life.

Dude, from personal experience, the Occam's Razor answer to your question is best: just don't do it. Period. It's not worth it. You are going to gain either nothing but delusion, or at best subconscious stuff that you will eventually come to on your own anyway. At worst, you're inviting contact with demons, prelest, psychological addiction, and, like myself, possibly permanently frying your brain in some fashion (I more than likely have to be on medication for the rest of my life to avoid hypnogoic/hypnopompic hallucinations.)

To be more charitable: are you being reckless? Yes. You are playing with fire. Stop it before you get burned.

Almost forgot this part:

Yes it is. Galatians 5:20 and other bible verses (Rev. 9:21; 18:23) includes the word pharmakeia, which is often translated as witchcraft or sorcery, but can also apply to drugs:

biblestudytools.com/lexicons/greek/nas/pharmakeia.html

Considering that shamans and the like throughout numerous cultures are notorious for the utilization of psychedelics, deliriants or dissociatives for their "spiritual"/"magical" purposes, conflating the two is quite logical:

Thank you for your responses. You're right its very unwise to trip. But then comes to question of specifically microdosing.

The idea that treatment for psychological problems through drugs seems very silly to me. I can understand how seeking euphoria through drugs is sinful, but what of trying to ease depression? What of trying to heighten focus? Many foods have some psychological health benefits, should we cut out all those that effect our psyche?

I have to rely on microdosing on shrooms because if I go on for a while without it I begin to feel depressed. Microdosing specifically only has the benefits of lifting depression, increasing creativity, and expanding perspective. I don't notice any prelest whatsoever after microdosing.

I think if this is how you deal with and approach the bible (interpretations on manna, burning bush and also the fact you want to do drugs, whatever the dose) there is no need for you to worry about if this is a sin or that. You have a much greater, more basic problem.

PLEASE ANSWER THE MICRODOSING PART SPECIFICALLY I REALLY WANT TO KNOW ALSO.

The last article I linked in that post…

…specifically differentiates between taking drugs for legitimate health reasons, and taking them to get high or have an out of body experience (i.e. the former is fine; the latter is sin.)

If this is the case, you've either developed a psychological addiction, or you have major depression issues that you should get treated with either therapy or legitimate medication.

its sinful to disobey civil authority in everything but sin, this bypasses every psychological arguement.

See: Romans 13, 1 Peter 2:13-17

Catechism of St. Pius X on the Fourth Commandment:

I am studied in psychopharmacology. Therapy yes would help. There is no such thing as "legitimate medication". SSRIs work slightly better than placebo. If I ever elected to take them I would effectively be opting to make myself a zombie for the next couple of years. And did you not do a bait and switch? Im asking about psychological issues which are different than physical health issues. Even then it seems quite odd and out of place to consider someone who is taking medications for OCD or schizophrenia as a committer of "sorcery."

I am technically not breaking the law in my psychedelic usage. As an anarchist at heart those passages physically hurt to read.

What part do you mean? What do you wish for me to answer?

Ouch. Hilarious but ouch.

Only losers do drugs, OP. I used to be a chronic smoker of the sticky ickey and now I have short term memory problems. I thank God everyday I never did any of the hard psychedelics like my peers. The ones that did ended up depraved occultists or worse fags.

Jesus, the Early Church Fathers, and even the OT proto-christians never once advocated or had any need for drugs, and neither do you. Only pagans did drugs back than and God calls us to be better than the pagans. You are only harming your body by doing these, even in microdoses. So please stop before it's too late.

Attached: remember-kids-dont-do-drugs.jpg (400x400, 113.39K)

I'm thinking of starting microdosing in order to increase my fluid intelligence and to use it as a general nootropic/cognitive enhancer. I want this so I can solve and understand problems and concepts better.

Why exactly do you wish to use psychedelics?

You just missed the thread here about the super long thread on Twitter of this exact topic… twitter.com/WesternIdentity/status/1096758520467333120

Please don't do drugs, OP. The burning bush was just a real thing that God actually did (a miracle).

like prozac? or Lexapro? if anything these SSRI's give the mine a portal to sin.

I have never felt the crazed feelings I felt when forgetting to take a dose of anti-depressants.

when there is wine and christ, christ resides within the weed and shrooms so well.

what is so 'ouch' exactly? Im dead serious. You seem to take the bible quite randomly and not so serious. Why bother then what someone might consider sin?
Your question struck me as pretty ouch tbh. 'is mocrodosing ok, like when I dont see and talk to spirits?' Ridiculous! You might as well ask if its ok to only do touchy-touchy and not stick it in. You seem to be very aware of the incompatibility of being a christian and tripping on drugs. But still you seriously suggest that people in the bible who encountered God where tripping? And that God threw shrooms from heaven for his people?? Dude, more ouch is barely possible!! It amazes me how some people think but still see themselves as christians. Well its a pretty loose concept nowadays unfortunately.

Wont ever get or see a proper discussion on here.
Mods ban you and delete comments for any pro-usage talk.

I dont know the answers but i can relate to your experience, I was tripping to and be a christian, hopefully more than year ago last time, it really pulled me down. I did lsd few times and shrooms to. I dont know either and wounder was that wrong or not but I know it brings evil fruit to my life. I dont know about microdosing but are you sure you will not take more than microdosing??? its all about that. You are curious, want to know and see more. to understand what is all about. I know becouse im that type to. Maybe we just shuld trust God instead seeking knowledge and trying to understand what isnt for us.
I have a lot demonic experience in dreaming too and it's satisfying to crush demon but i was almost insane and have problems with my sanity today.

still i don't know what to think of it all but i'm quit with that shit

Attached: 1536282696889.jpg (700x692, 36.06K)

Matthew 15:11

Most people on here have been brainwashed by DARE propaganda and hold close minded views towards harmless substances. As with any substance it depends on how you use it and what you do as a result. Smoking weed or using shrooms, acid is not sinful and I would make a case for acid/DMT actually being spritually beneficial depending on how you handle the trip (yes you can control where a trip goes).

I've experienced enough success stories of actual people in my life on SSRIs and the like living better lives, that you're judgement from being supposedly "studied in psychopharmacology" is coming into question.

Did you not read the article all the way through? It clearly differentiated between just getting high/tripping/etc. and legitimate health concerns. Psychological health is a legitimate health issue. The article literally said nothing about people taking medication for OCD or schizophrenia as being commiters of witchcraft.

By technically, I assume you mean "by what is right in my own heart."

They hurt to read, because deep down inside you know they are true. I'm sorry, but being "an anarchist at heart," and being a Christian are not compatible. Christianity is ultimately about submitting to our one true Lord and King, Jesus Christ. Anarchy is like Communism, Fascism, etc: it sounds great on paper and in theory, but tends to fall apart or have at best subpar results in real life. Show me a great Anarchist empire/kingdom/nation/country, or show me an Anarchist community that isn't just a small run down glorified hippie commune. Found these so far:

According to this list:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_anarchist_communities

apparently indigenous tribes count as "anarchy", which considering most tribes have such things a chieftains and councils, is a bit of a stretch, to say the least.

Here's a list of "10 Anarchist Societies That Actually Worked":

listverse.com/2016/06/29/10-instances-of-anarchist-societies-that-actually-worked/

Notice that in each instance, said "Anarchist Society That Actually Worked" actually either eventually fell apart or was eventually conquered by a non-anarchist society, or sold out, or is just a hippie commune, or is a non-anarchist government with some anarchist tendencies (so I guess that's enough for it to "count" on this list.) The number 1 spot is literally just unoccupied lawless land…. Overall, a pathetic track record if you ask me.

Then you may have to take anti-depressants for the rest of your life, and not forget doses.

……..Lord have mercy. I'm starting to think is right.

Why not ask about microdosing alcohol or cocaine, OP? What about medicinal meth?

Psilocin activates phospholipase A2 which your body does not natively activate. You ahould NOT want to condition your body to having that regularly activated. I hope you understand why that would be medically unwise.

The church has always opposed intoxication, and I’m surprised drunkeness has been tolerated as much as it has historically. Much of what you can learn from plant medicine can be taught more wholesomely and genuinely through asceticism and prayer. Ultimately we are each responsible for our own actions (in this world and the next). I cannot actually endorse use since this is not /psilocybin/, this is Zig Forums.

Turn first wholly to Christ.

Attached: 8E3B16C8-3A72-4350-9786-5F17AADA9121.jpeg (553x499, 158.79K)

Because he wanted a discussion and not an after-school DARE lecture or any other untold number of boomer facebook memes about "the devils lettuce".
If you're honestly comparing something like shrooms to meth you're arguing from not only ignorance but also dishonesty.

I get it, you are addicted to your drugs and not Christ. Get help brother, your drugs won't bring you closer to God.

Attached: 3cdee804ba3cfc2071f3f82c9ea186fe.jpg (1120x1600, 319.36K)

Literally every Christian philosopher, theologian, mystic, martyr and saint:

Random people in the modern world:

I went to Hell after doing ~500 UGs worth of very potent pyramid acid tabs. While it helped me to let Lord Jesus Christ back into my life, no one should try to reach GOD through psychedelics. Like other anons have said, psychedelics (including weed and shrooms) exposes you to demons that try to convince you that nothing is real. All your worst problems shall be magnified and you will be too winnie the poohed up to call upon Lord Jesus Christ to save you.

A confused mind allows Satan to enter your soul and, once he's there, can be difficult to remove. For over half a year, I suffered from mild hallucinations and delusions that I was in a simulation. It was only through daily prayer and refuge in clean living was I able to reverse the demonic influence.

Seriously, DON'T TRIP.

Attached: Tripping is satanic.jpg (404x368, 38.72K)

Can you say something more? I am in similar situation and want to back to normal. Drugs really made me insane and i also feel like a pussy a bit cous i know people who trippin a lot and are fine. Bad trips really broke me, even before i have problems but now its sometimes like living in hell and i relly trying to get through this but its hard as winnie the pooh. Alcochol helps me to not freek out and make me peacefull i know its bad solution but i cant take it sometimes. I feel like everyone hate me and laughing at me, hear voicys sometimes and have paranoical/schizofremic stuff. Also i started to qestion reality and God love to me long ago. I dont blame drugs I blame myself becous i use them irresponsible and had problems before, maybe its not for all. I have also a lot of good expirienc u know. I even pray after lsd and talked with God. I do not want to sound like a madman, but it gave me many answers to really deep questions, it was like the fruit of knowing good and evil.

Pls share witch me somthing about you.

Attached: 11G-44x30-oil-on-canvas-2011-copy.jpg (1320x900, 282.13K)

Don't feel this way. People are different in terms of predilections and constitutions. My family has a history of mental illness (one aunt with Bi-Polar, and another with full blown schizophrenia) which is probably why I had such a bad reaction despite tripping less than some of my friends at the time (one of my ex-friends tripped everyday for a month on DXM, and only stopped after he was having delusions of receiving signals and communications from space aliens, and that a wizard was casting harmful spells on him from far away.)

In terms of getting better, after I went back to Christ, I had already been on just about every major atypical anti-psychotic and mood stabilizer out there, with my symptoms either made worse, the medication not working at all, or said medication giving me life debilitating side effects. Shortly after coming back to Christ, I got on a small dose of Klonopine three times a day and have completely stabilized and live a normal life free from hallucinations and paranoia. It might be as simple as that for you, or you may need something more.

Bottom line: go see a psychiatrist asap, and stop self-medicating yourself with stuff like Alcohol and LSD; this is literally making you worse in the long run.

I was always discouraged of them and have hope that i take it myself or God will help somehow, but maybe this is the way.

thanks christanon, God bless you

There’s no contradiction there. Anarchy is simply not submitting to man made government and rule, which is exactly what you should do as a Christian.

Romans 13, "Render unto Caesar…" etc. As long as a man-made government's laws are not violating the law of God, we are commanded to submit to them. Jesus's "Render unto Caesar.." speech is literally our Lord Jesus Christ commanding the Hebrews to pay taxes to a pagan king. Church institutions, communities and monasteries have hierarchical structures. Small indigenous tribes have chieftains, councils etc. In even the most stereotypically Hippie of communes, there are strong charismatic individuals who act in leadership functions that the community would descend into chaos without (can say this from personal experience as one who used to hang out with Hippies.)

At best, one can engage in mental gymnastics and take a position of "Anarchy is any society without a strong centralized governing authority." In spite of the fact in that in such instances, either individuals or tribal councils take up this centralized authority role, or said community decays into petty warring factions:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_Sturlungs

At worst, the idea of true Anarchy is childish and naive. Humanity, with the exception of very few outliers, is simply hardwired for hierarchy and authority. Sageing for off-topic.

Yes, because nominalism really worked out for us so well so far, now did it?

You should definitely never trip alone and without guidance.
Having a friend or a guide is very important in case of a bad trip or overreaction in order so that he can call am ambulance.

That being said if you are spiritually prepared and focused, you should be fine.

Do you deny the medicinal value of substances like psilocybin or cannabis?

Psilocybin is especially dangerous. It’s like you want to be possessed or something.

Its so dangerous that its been cleared for use to treat and in some cases, cure moderate to severe depression in people by the FDA in recent clinical trials…

Come on man, I'm willing to be open for discussion but if youre still of the mindset that what goes into the mouth can corrupt a man we're not going to see eye to eye.

You know you can get the same benefits of this stuff by using Cannabidiol(CBD), without the intoxicating effects of Tetrahydrocannabinol(THC), right?
And most of the benefits of psychedelics can be done via micro-dosing, without, again, the tripping.

We also have psychologists shilling for DMT.

Even without the use of Scripture, one can know by reason alone that it is sinful.

Literally word for word, the same exact advice I got…

Attached: PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg (397x316, 9.43K)

I never said it didn't work, I said it worked marginally better than placebos. And even when they do "work" what its doing is its making you a flattened out zombie. If you have serotonin issues just try taking 5-HTP first (DO NOT MIX SSRIs with 5-HTP). When SSRIs "work" its a complete facade. The person taking them cannot be depressed because they're disconnected from their own heart.

Also no, I am literally not breaking the law.

This guy has the spirit of it down but the Bible makes it clear that the authority of man is from God but that's on its face ridiculous. Is the authority of the USA, those rapists and legislators of child murder, backed by God? This is something I really want to look into, any resources on this topic would be greatly appreciated! All Catholic references will be disregarded.
If it did turn out that God wills for me to submit to the authority of man then I will. Also for the record I have the heart of an anarchist but I am not one.

Uhhhh I'd have to look into that. Also medicinal meth does exist. Its called Adderal.

……..

…… What I've personally seen of success stories is literally the opposite of what you say. People wanting to get out of their comfort zones more; a lifetime of PTSD being cured and no more going into rage episodes; people being no longer paranoid about ghosts or demons in their closet at night; being restored to normalcy rather than being a "zombie" as you described. I could understand your argument if you were talking about anti-psychotics, but when you say such things about SSRIs, it comes off as ill-informed at best, and paranoid at worst.

If you are microdosing on shrooms in the U.S., you are more than likely breaking the law depending on what state you are in. Grow kits and spores are legal in most states, but usually for purposes other than psychoactive usage. And if the spore has grown to the point of becoming psychoactively viable, and you use it for those purposes, is that not possession?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_status_of_psilocybin_mushrooms

As for what you say here:

Remember, Jesus said "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's" he was talking about paying taxes and obeying the laws of a pagan government. You're upset about the United States backing abortion? Pagan Rome allowed "abortions" by just dumping an already born child into a pit of other dead babies; sanctioned murder for fun via gladiatorial games; condoned sexual degeneracy that I won't even bother to go into, etc. The United States looks like a City on the Hill compared to pagan Rome. Still, as long as a law dictated by a civil government does not go against the law of God, it is to be respected by Christians (Romans 13.) Even in the mist of an evil government, part of our duty as Christians is to be as blameless and law-abiding as possible as part of our witness to others. God even granted authority to Babylon in order to punish Jerusalem, and Jeremiah even noted that the Babylonians were more sinful. But because of our knowledge of God, we are held to a higher standard by him. (Hebrews 12:5-11) Nevertheless, at the end of the day, when the civil law and the law of God are in conflict, the law comes first. (see Acts 5:24-32) I honestly fail to see how a civil law that strives to keep potentially addictive/abuseable and harmful substances away from most people, contradicts God's laws against pharmakeia and intoxication.

*the law of God comes first.

My bad.

There was a recent news story about a man who stabbed his girlfriend on LSD. Another man chopped off his penis and threw it out a window.

I knew a girl who took LSD. She was dumb before and made bad decisions. After, she was just as dumb and made bad decisions, only she believed she wasn’t because she was supposedly enlightened. My theory is over time this would cause her more problems because she’d be even less likely to recognize her flaws.

Joe Rogan constantly talks about DMT and he doesn’t seem enlightened. He doesn’t come across as having special knowledge. I’ll say his show is very popular so many it had something to do with DMT, but I doubt it. He just seems kind of dumb.

There are people who speak about against using psychedelics recreationally, but their voices get drowned out by those who support it.

Attached: EEB55285-1364-4B3E-B21F-E301F1AA96DE.jpeg (375x287, 31.27K)

if you're unsure if something is a mortal sin it is better to err on the side of safety, ask a priest or better, a theologian.

I've heard that LSD can have some incredibly positive results for those suffering from addiction, and can even held completely remove it after a few hits. Other than that i can see no reasonable use for it other than that, however.

K Im never tripping ever again

I wrote

I agree that it has uses. I think all illegal drugs should be studied and potentially put to use.

pharmakeia = sorcery

You got that mixed up, a priest is the better one to ask than a theologian. An academic will be of little help in such a situation.

That is correct. Sorcery back than heavily involved taking and abusing drugs (shrooms and the like) in order to obtain enlightenment. If the technology existed back than, the pagans would be using and abusing LSD and DMT like degenerates do today.
Embed related explains more.

The addictions drugs cause today is sorcery. Drug cartels use drugs to control people just like how pagan preists use drugs to control people. It is evil even if the names of old gods aren't invoked.

Reminds me of this drug forum I used to be a part of. It was so pretentiously snooty that you literally had to write an essay on why you wanted to be a part of the forum and send it to the mods for approval. The "drugs are a source of secret knowledge and enlightenment and makes you more special than the normies" shtick was a major locus of the culture there.

So what was the internal culture of the board like once you got through their prestigious vetting process in order to be allowed the privilege of being able to interact with such enlightened individuals? A veritable dumpster fire of narcissism, pseudo-intellectualism, depression, mental issues, drama and high school popularity contest antics. I remember there was one particular mod who was not shy about calling people out on the ludicrousness of their delusions of grandeur, to the point where to this day, I sometimes ponder what he was doing there in the first place. I eventually left after being disgusted by what I was turning into by hanging out at that place.

Sage for slightly off-topic.

Jay Dyer and Owen Benjamin have experience with psychedelics and later turned to Christ, and describe their experiences with DMT as a form of communication with demons.

twitter.com/WesternIdentity/status/1096758520467333120

imgur.com/user/PSIDAR

Hey man, a little late on this, but micro dosing is absolutely a sin and absolutely opening up spiritual gateways to malignant entities.
You're bargaining with the devil by saying "it's only a little bit" and playing with fire.
I've used all kinds of psychedelics from shrooms/LSD to DMT and even research chemeicals like 2-CI, and I can grantee you that they enslave people to demonic powers that want to wreck pain and madness at every possible place.

Free yourself from these chains user, I believe in you.

Another reason not to trip: Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder.

I'm still struggling to get rid of visual snow and auras from almost everything around me and serves as a constant reminder of my sin. You don't want to trip.

There is nothing sinful about taking drugs.
Hitler himself took drugs before he killed all the jews, thus taking drugs must be great and absolutely fine.
After all if you take drugs and that ends up causing a holocaust, taking drugs can't possibly be a sin.
In fact we should all take some.

I can testify from experience that this is indeed true.

The Bible calls us to be sober.

Hardly related but, is it ok to take sleeping medicine (like Ambline? Or something else light like off the counter sleeping medicine?) and then stay awake for inspiration in things like art or writing? I have suffered from prelest, so I know better not to approach spirits like that, ever.

Attached: 816.JPG (1024x898, 79.84K)

Jesus turned water to wine, my dude; what the winnie the pooh are you saying bro, lel. I know him and the apostles didn't get shitfaced, but they were NOT sober.

Yes. God didnt gave human rationality do degrade it with chemical substances.
More interesting question would be why would someone even want to have such experience in the first place? Talking to a demon would be as productive as flogging a river. Moresoever you outright answered your own question with that excerpt: You should be critical to any kind of such apparitions and have your mentor advising you. Just avoid it. Everything will be revealed after death anyways.

Just because Jesus turned water into wine doesn't mean we ought to abuse the gift of alcohol that God the Father gave us. Drunkenness is still a sin.
And no alcohol is not the same as pharmakeia. Only pagans poison themselves with drugs like LSD, weed, shrooms, etc. don't give me that "but pagans didn't have MDMA, LSD, DMT and other hard drugs" you know very well if the technology existed back than they would be using that as well.
You can't sanitize water or equipment with weed or shrooms.

Attached: sorcer2.jpg (303x278, 32.04K)

A common answer on this board is that drugs count as witchcraft, because the word for witchcraft used in the Bible is the word we derived "pharmacy" from.