Wormwood

What…or who is wormwood? I read a story about wormwood and it scared the crap out of me. I'm not usually scared by stories or movies. the only thing that scares me is ANYTHING involving revelations.

Attached: Savior.jpeg (531x710, 307.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are you referring to the Screw Tape letters by C.S Lewis?

What is this wormwood you refer to? Yeah I know this is what you're asking but what do you mean? Where did you hear about it, got a link? Little more info could be helpful

I think he's talking about "1/3 of the water turned to wormwood"

Wormwood is an herb.

Attached: 1256-wormwood-herb.jpg (500x500, 92.79K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl

''Name
The city's name is the same as a Ukrainian name for Artemisia vulgaris, mugwort or common wormwood, which is Ukrainian: чорнобиль, translit. chornóbyl’ (or more commonly Ukrainian: полин звичайний, translit. polýn zvycháynyy, lit. 'common artemisia').[3] The name is inherited from Proto-Slavic *čьrnobylъ or Proto-Slavic *čьrnobyl, a compound of Proto-Slavic *čьrnъ 'black' + Proto-Slavic *bylь 'grass', the parts related to Ukrainian: чорний, translit. chórnyy, lit. 'black' and Ukrainian: било, translit. byló, lit. 'stalk', so named in distinction to the lighter-stemmed wormwood A. absinthium.[3] ''

Absinthe is the other name for it. Super bitter, and an oil from it used to be used to make medicine to kill intestinal worms - wormwood.
Short version the water would be undrinkable.

It’s just some type of poison. If you’re thinking of Revelation I heard a theory it’s radiation poisoning.

Ah yeah, thanks. I knew this once but already forgot. I'm german so in our bibles it's another word obviously. It's not 100% clear what it means but interpretations tend to the water becoming unfit for consumption. Wermuth (german)/wormwood is very bitter.
Why does this frighten you out of all the things OP? I mean it's bad obviously, but why this especially?

Yes there is this theory though I think it is kind of far fetched. It stems from the ukrainian city of chernobyl where the accident in a nuclear reactor happened in the 80's. Chernobyl translates to wormwood from ukrainian/russian

yes revelation. it scares me ALOT :c

I don't know. for some reason it terrifies me to the core. anything with revelation scare me but for some reason wormwood terrifies more than others

But how is that when you didnt know whst it means? But honestly, nothing that will happen on earth is bad compared to what follows for everyone who has not - without a doubt - come clean with God! This is what should terrify everyone, everything else is temporary. Plus, God will care for his followers also during the events in revelation which are aimed at the unfaithful.

That is silly, because the star Wormwood is depicted as falling upon a third of all rivers specifically. Radiation poisoning is indiscriminate, and would poison all groundwater, lakes, rivers, and ponds in a region.
People need to stop trying to interpret Revelation like its some kind of sci fi novel.

Well, some of the major rivers have a common-ish origin.
And meteors have stuff like cyanide and ammonia in this.

This is just a random thought.
My theory might be totally retarded.

Doesn’t matter, because all rivers lead to oceans or lakes, and are connected to groundwater. It’s a silly compartmentalization of prophecy, like credit cards or cell phones being the mark of the beast.
Considering how often “star” is used as a stand-in for angels in older prophecies, it’s most likely that Wormwood is a fallen angel.

I am reading a book on Chernobyl and it’s interesting how that hypothesis was thrown around…

okay : D

Wormwood is an ingredient in GIN and ABSINTHE that will kill parasites and make you vomit up the most disgusting filth you've ever tasted or felt. This in combination with Juniper Berry extract and other herbs that are used to make Gin can purge a system of sickness…usually by horrendous puking. Don't believe me? Then look up why so many British soldiers used it as a cureall+inebriant during their wartime efforts in places where Malaria and other disease was prevalent.

Could (partially) mean how bitter the beast’s followers are to God, casing Him to vomit them out like the lukewarm churches.

Oh you mean The Screwtape letters ?

Interesting read btw

Attached: 1552349622566_0.png (1436x1307, 931.21K)

Beautiful

That's a fantastic screencap. Saved.

Agreed, well done and saved