S. Patricius

St. Patrick, pray for us!

Attached: st_patrick_with_shamrock.jpg (620x521, 108.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

biblehub.com/greek/3509.htm
catholic.com/tract/the-intercession-of-the-saints
confessio.ie/etexts/confessio_english#01
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Couple days early, but amen.

guí ar ár son peacaigh!

i guess i shouldn't be surprised at roman catholic idolatry though

Attached: 2019_02_07_075901.png (648x595, 206.08K)

back on topic
My personal favorite prayer that St. Patrick wrote.

Attached: 38afda131024e82288e33750e3ec680c.jpg (500x650, 54.94K)

Seventh Day Adventists? They're going to hell. I am not an SDA, I am a KJV only Bible believing Christian.

Than stop believing their memes, stop derailing innocent threads, and maybe people wont think you are a bible idolater.

Attached: BoMEhM4CUAATXa_.jpg (600x600, 79.84K)

Attached: Roll.png (634x475, 334.59K)

Than don't ever ask your family or us to ever pray for you ever again, turboprot.

thats a yikes from me dog

Reminder that St. Patrick is in heaven and hears the prayers of Christian faithful. He prays for us like the Theotokos and any other saint in heaven.

Attached: SaintPatrick-small__32474.1473872570.1280.1280.jpg (427x720, 143.56K)

One mediator

Do you ask others to pray for you?

Only the living

So there is no one alive in heaven? I thought God was the God of the living, not the dead.

The saints are alive in heaven, but asking them to pray for you in idolatry. Ergo, by your "logic", asking others here on Earth to pray for you is idolatry. Ergo you are a papist idolater.

Congratulations, you played yourself.

There are two deaths.

The problem with that line of thinking is that we don't truly know who is in heaven and who isn't. Sure, st Patrick lived a holy life, but we can't see his heart like God can, and the heart is how God judges a person. Be assured I'm not saying I think st Patrick is in hell, not by any means, but I don't know for certain where his soul ended up, and I'd rather not take the risk of praying to someone who may or may not be in heaven to intercede for me.
Another flaw with the catholic view of the intercession of saints is how the Bible never mentions that the saints do hear our prayers. Yes, Revelation talks about the saints offering up prayers to God, but it never says that the prayers those saints are offering are the prayers of other people that they've heard. We know Jesus can hear our prayers because He is God, omnipotent and omnipresent, but the Bible says nothing of the saints in heaven, whoever they may be, hearing our prayers.
That said, I didn't come here for another tired argument. Pray to the saints if you want, I just wanted to clarify the protestant position on the matter since it seems like a lot of catholics don't actually understand it.

Not an argument

Read Hebrews 12 again.
>{12:1} And therefore we also having so great a cloud of witnesses over our head, laying aside every weight and sin which surrounds us, let us run by patience to the fight proposed to us
Emphasis mine

The bolden words in the greek is νέφος μαρτύρων or nephos martyrōn
Nephos means:
>a cloud; met: a dense crowd, a multitude, great company.
biblehub.com/greek/3509.htm

Literally a multitude of saints, those that have witnessed God, that help us. If the saints in heaven can't hear us, how can they help us? If we are all one body in Jesus wouldn't it make sense that those in heaven are apart of the body communicating with us like we are communicating with them?

How can a captain of a host (read army) of angels can help out Joshua if those in heaven can't help us out here on earth?

The fact of the matter is that those in the body of Christ are family. As family we pray for each other to strengthen each other up. Just because family has departed this material world doesn't mean they can't hear us in heaven. The wicked sure won't hear us because they have cut themselves from God's Holy Family, but the righteous can, for they are not dead.

Attached: 232d1adbc14d42458bf7291e096579f4.jpg (1200x1600, 460.97K)

That's actually a good point, and my knowledge of theology isn't enough to really debate it but I'm sure there's some good hermeneutics about it out there.

what do you mean "not an argument"? Your point was entirely semantics. Patrick died physically a long time ago.

I appreciate your input, friend. I'll try to help you out anyway I can. I used to be a prot like you while on my pilgrimage to God. Link related has quotes of the early church fathers in regards to praying to the saints in heaven.
catholic.com/tract/the-intercession-of-the-saints

Stating buzzwords is not an argument.
I can state things like extra ecclesiam nulla salus on things you say doesn't make it an argument. Learn how to make arguments first before entering a debate.

Attached: st_patrick.jpg (1999x2300, 1.95M)

The ABSOLUTE STATE of Roman catholic apologetics

You're the equivalent of someone sticking both fingers into their ears and screaming out loud "La La, I can't hear you!"

Dismissal of saints is ultimately rooted in materialism and rationalism. At least on a subconscious level, it shows how little such people actually believe about heaven. Or how little they believe that there is ONE church and not two (both here on earth, as in heaven). Things of the Spirit are always conceived as "remote" or an "other" and not relevant.

Intercession itself is not their problem. They ask their loved ones and pastors to pray for them all the time. That they don't extend this to heaven shows how little it registers as an actual present reality in their psychology.

Lastly, their lack of sacramental life also destroyed what "worship" means in their churches. All they have left in their church forms is "reverence". They've given that solely to God, because they dismissed true use of sacraments, which IS reserved for God. But once your whole religious life centers on "reverence", I can see why they wouldn't want anything else to intrude on it. But that's their own fault for getting rid of sacramental life in the first place.

It's St Patricks day down under.

I highly recommend reading St Patrick's Confession (his testimony). It's truly inspiring, the life of this servant of Christ in his own words.
confessio.ie/etexts/confessio_english#01

Attached: 421577_3122731581212_557957043_n.jpg (260x442, 32.89K)

Delet

Attached: Orthoberd.png (1024x576, 205.22K)