Explain this

If you only need to accept jesus as your saviour to enter heaven, then what's the point of doing good deeds, helping the poor and doing charity?

Attached: 1414284523892.png (756x715, 888.67K)

I want mildly materialist christianity back, winnie the pooh Platonists.

dunno, I want to become rich and invest money so when I'm old and millionaire I can spend my millions on building homes for the poorest and giving loans to poor people to start bussiness.

I don't get why can you make billion dollars today and not try to help poor people.

Matthew 25:40:

James 2:14-26:

If you have actual faith in God then you'll follow the bible.

Attached: ya.gif (500x288, 4.67M)

What happens if I am agnostic/soft atheists but I try to follow the bible and do charity works and help feed and house the poor?

I just can't say huh duh I believe in jesus, because I'm not sure he's real 100%, however I still wanna live a moral life and do help poor people.

[Citation needed]

Protestant doctrine is shit.

What happens to people like that? I don't know, but the bible makes it clear who will not inherit the kingdom of God. I don't believe that an atheist/agnostic could really follow the bible properly.

Attached: eb475d9b47445eb334f7bdf977da1c72.jpg (540x736, 96.75K)

Protestants are dumb. Even if you say "fine faith saves you and the works come afterwards as a fruit of your faith," none of them even follow Jesus' teachings anyway, so they aren't putting their full faith in him. They pick and choose which teachings to follow, because they don't have faith that they live by, they just have a set of opinions that they live by which sometimes match up to things in the Bible. All the different kinds of protestant churches, from orthos to jw's are just groups of people who don't want to let go of their own beliefs and worldviews completely, yet still want all the benefits of God's love that come from following his will. You don't get to pick and choose which doctrines to follow, you don't get to say "I'm Christian, but I disagree with the Bible on homosexuality, people are born that way." you have to submit fully to every teaching, ESPECIALLY the ones you don't like, because those are the ones that will keep you out of heaven, that will keep you from seeing the face of god.

Attached: Sun-ken.Rock.full.1231343.jpg (1280x800, 656.63K)

Faithless faith is a huge crisis in Christianity. Christ said, if you love Me, keep the commandments. Isn't it obvious that faith implies the resolution to do good works?

I just don't feel faith.

I don't even know what is to have faith in jesus.
I'm agnostic and I trully believe in the scientific method.

I know things that I know maybe truth that contradict the bible, so I have no faith the bible is 100% the holy truth.
I do believe the bible was what the jews of their time believe was the truth, but maybe their understanding of things was incomplete because of lack of modern science.

Also, there seems to be evidence of the bible about other inteligences that aren't human.
It seems pretty obvious to me, that things like sodom and gomorrah was clearly the result of modern nuclear misiles.

It's clear that goat shepers could think that a spacecraft to be a chariot of god.

What?

tomato tomato

No. There is the ravings of an autistic German monk which all but wrecked the unity of the West, and then there is the Orthodox Catholic Church of the East. Don't even bait with that garbage.

Not that user, but he does have a point.
Eastern brothers are technically protesting St. Peter's authority.

Attached: QVQvRkx0dTA5UVJ6djl6RlM4M3lkbm1xUFQ2Rnl3dEcremU1cFNxRVduM2hvdDgzMXViVWc3aGR4NEJ0eC9tUzdtTlAvbnBGV3V5RnJuSGJ3dWZFQXc9PQ.720.mp4 (854x480, 852.63K)

It's a byproduct, OP. If you abide in him and work in the Spirit these good deeds will come naturally.

A somewhat more restrained 'no' to you as well, dubsman. If we are objecting to anything, it is the presumed and top-down primacy of Rome. If Bishop of Rome were just that, then we would not take so much issue.

Thats what I said, you are protesting St. Peter's authority. You guys are just protesting less and with less vitriol than The Prots.
Isaiah
{22:22} And I will lay the key of the house of David upon his shoulder: and he shall open, and none shall shut: and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Revelation 1:18
I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

I’ve always found this argument to be disingenuous. How could one believe in Christ (at least in a serious way) yet disregard Christ’s teachings in their life?

ask liberaltheologians

As a former Prot, you couldn't be more accurate.

Matthew 23:9

Ok let's assume someone was mistaken about some point of doctrine. Does that mean they are wrong for believing John 5:24 (KJV)? I don't see how our imperfections block off understanding the gospel message.
These are things protestants might have said as they were taxing Baptists in colonial America.

The rest of your post I agree with.

I don’t know, don’t you want to do what GOD, THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE wants you to do?
If you honestly ask yourself “lol why,” then it’s no wonder that you’re not saved.

You have no idea what that means, or else you'd realize the premise of your thread was invalid.

So do I, but that's only capable of testing repeatable hypotheses in material reality. The scientific method can't tell me if my mother loves me, despite mountains of evidence. Likewise, thinking that the scientific method will tell you if a God who exists outside space and time loves you isn't going to yield any results.

Yes modernists want to have “faith” yet reject all the teachings of the Bible. They are like the pharisees and scared when a man knowledgable of it brings up the passages instructing them to marry virgin or condemning homosexuality or whatnot.