Cathwicks APOLOGIZE! Right Nao!

Mexican president demands apology from Spanish King, Pope Francis for 16th century conquests

Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador has formally requested an apology from both Spanish King Felipe VI and Pope Francis for the Spanish conquest some 500 years ago.

The letter cited massacres that took place during the Spanish conquests of the indigenous peoples of Mexico throughout the 16th century. He also referenced the imposition of the Catholic faith as well as the human rights abuses committed by forces acting on behalf of the Spanish crown.

Attached: 5c99fc06dda4c8d5258b456c.jpg (980x551, 203.86K)

Debatable.

WE WUZ INJUNS N SHIEEET

The only mistake was giving up on the colonies.

Attached: conquest-of-mexico-hernando-cortes-destroying-his-fleet-at-vera-cruz-1519-litho-nicholas-eustache-maurin.jpg (900x618, 170.77K)

Attached: 1521818436314.jpg (480x300, 22.86K)

Oh they have better technology now, but I’d hardly call it a civilized nation.

Is he oblivious to the fact that the religion of the Aztecs and the tribes the rules over involved human sacrifice? Does he want to go back to that?

Now, the aztecs may have worshipped eldritch abominations, but if theres anything they mastered, it was those 2 subjects.
They had free public schooling, for crying out loud.

another reason to cancel public schools

Mexico is the one that should apologize and to the Vatican and to the House of Habsburg for all the atrocities they committed (with American support).

Didn't the Aztecs only have proto-writing? IIRC even books like Broken Spears are accounts that were dictated by the Aztecs and written down by the Spanish.

Isnt Spain still owed an apology by North Africans for the Umayyad caliphate invasion?

this is hilarious

Let me guess, that's where they taught little children all about the correct way to prep a bull?

Internet Catholic historians

The introduction of civilization doesn't require murder, theft, enslavement etc. Look at Pennsylvania, the Christian founders explicitly purchased the land from the indigenous Indians (even though those Indians didn't have an equivalent view of land ownership), and treated them justly in their jurisdiction.

Pocahontas is another good basis of comparison between New England Anglo colonialism and Spanish Catholic tropical NA colonialism. Is there a Spanish Pocahontas of mexico? Pocahontas was so treated with charity that she didn't want to return to her native civilization.

Attached: 1541732571912.jpg (399x400, 46.59K)

That's ironic since Americans were the ones who massacred their indians the most, while Hispanics converted them integrated them in their societies.

That's a scholarly debate, actually.

Just look at the demographic composition of most Latin American countries.

imagine being such a faggy leftist that you're unironically defending the cannibals who sacrificed people every day to appease their bloodthirsty sun god

To be fair Mexicans are still primitive and dumb so them going back sacrificing each other is not much of a loss. In fact it will help the White, and Asian Americans since it will reduce Mexico’s population replacement power

Imagine projecting that hard.
Backwards people don't deserve genocide. I can say this without condoning human sacrifice. I am as far opposed to faggot leftist as possible.

If the English were so good to natives, why are there so few natives left in North America? If the Spanish were so bad, why are there so many natives in South America?

Which region has more people speaking indigenous languages?

Hmm? Oh, ok. Hey, bro. I'm sorry. We good now? Excellent.

Are you kidding me? Most of the so called “natives” are rape-baby mutts

The Aztecs weren't genocided. Disease exterminated far more than the Europeans did. The Conquistadors conquered them, they didn't genocide them, and whining about what the conquistadors had to do in order to save the Aztecs from themselves is leftist faggotry.

Ungrateful ingrates. Without his magesty Felipe VI they would still be tossing feces at each other in total squalor. I mean they're sort of still doing that… but…

We all know the kingdom of France was the most humane conqueror on the continent before filthy revolutionaries in Europe usurped throne and altar.

I never made a statement in the affirmative or the negative on the historicity of Aztec genocide. What I'm saying is that Catholics defending hypothetical genocide should be called out as wicked. A spade is a spade. Murder is murder

American Indians are venerated in US culture more than any other conquering nation in history. NA Indians are given land and welfare just because they're red, and to a fault. They have become decadent fat and alcoholic as a result of living on free taxes from whites.

South America was more densely populated before European introduction, and they're all mutts now anyway. Miscegenation between anglos and indigenous is way way historically lower than spanish. Share of population today isn't a relevant metric for the treatment of Indians anyway.

In no way is that unique to America. Here in Brazil the Indians own 13% of the nations' land despite being 1% of the population. They also suffer from similar problems regarding substance abuse and idleness

Still better than being exterminated. Have you ever been to latin america? Still plenty of full blooded natives.

BS. Mexicans are positively obsessed with their Aztec heritage. Even those who are clearly spanish in heritage put Aztec calendars on their walls, go to Aztec cultural festivals, etc…

Almost like the Bible was right when it said the man that does not work shall not eat…🤔

It's funny that they still blame all their problems on the White Man, but will never eschew their rez land or their checks that they get every day. Welfare and such truly destroys the soul of a man. All this UBI YangGang nonsense will only further cripple people. Honestly if I was just given enough money to live and drink I probably would be forever stuck in a state of alcoholism too. Many people would be as well.

You can thank prots for introducing concepts of liberalism and communism for that.

Attached: conquest-of-mexico-hernando-cortes-1485-1547-opposed-to-human-sacrifice-colour-litho-nicholas-eustache-maurin.jpg (900x617, 197.88K)

I meant from the perspective of a conqueror to the indigenous. Mexicans revering their own lineage on the indigenous side is not the same as whites revering Indians with no genetic connection.

One of history's greatest tragedies.

Attached: Maximilian_of_Mexico_bw[1].jpg (1593x2343, 746.41K)

(full house)
He will never be forgotten.

Attached: 06f6c19b161ea6ff676b6fe590a94860.jpg (1885x2569, 1.02M)

He wasnt perfect but he was a very virtuous man. and a good leader. Way better than that infidel J*arez
God bless the Habsburgs

Yeah, because the WASPs completely annihilated them. The British went out of the way to give the Ottawa smallpox.

the fault seems to be that the USG is content to let them waste away on drugs and alcohol so they can probably take the land back

ah! so this explains it, you're a race idolater.

I'd really like to see the user you quoted answer this one. It's pretty plain that the Spanish never genocided the indians.

if you bothered to read the history, you'd see that the anti-Aztec alliance was full of a bunch of enslaved tribes that banded together with Cortes to take down the Aztecs.

Cortes never had any back-up for a good majority of the military campaigns, the Aztecs were tyrannical and the tribes wanted Cortes to lead them to victory.

It's actually a pretty riveting story, especially since it's also all true!

Also there's technically nothing anti-Christian about imperialism as long as the imperium is Christian.

I think it's better to argue that the Mexican religion was outright evil (you know, human sacrifices).

It's odd trying to see people worm out of empirical evidence on the point that the Spanish really didn't genocide the natives.

Who are all the illegal immigrants coming in? Do they look like indian natives, or wealthy white spanish-mixed mexicans?

The system was something along the lines of egyptian hieroglyphs. A mix of idea-writing and sound-writing.

Yes.

Is it true the conquistadors mixed a lot with the natives? I once knew some Spaniards who hated being grouped in with Hispanic people.

Technically Spaniards are Hispanic (they literally hail from Hispania, the Roman name for the Iberian peninsula). I think those people just don't want to be lumped in with Mestizos (the mixed race peoples, half Spanish half indigenous).

Yes the conquistadors did mix blood with the indigenous peoples of the Latin Americas.

As for the illegals, alot of them are Mestizos and most (not all) of them are crypto-commies. Here for the work and the gibs. They usually send the money they earn to their families in Mexico where the dollar is worth more then the local currency.

Catholics bad!

Attached: fighting-facts-with-feelings-the-npc-guide-to-social-justice-41879150.png (500x711, 111.12K)

This poohing guy looks like he has 0% indio blood, why doesn't he apologize himself?

My guess:
Because AMLO is a SuccDem, he needs to virtue signal agianst Holy Mother Church and Spain while also getting his name out in the media. As they say

Must be an election comming up.

Attached: memeportada.jpg (1004x565, 107.03K)

the only reason the revolting Aztec cannibal savages have a civilization is because of Spain. If the Chinese had discovered the Americas no brown person would be left alive… and the Spanish screwed up royally by not properly colonizing the South… they treated it as an imperial smash and grab (to fuel their European wars) which is why dumb brown people are all over the place. The eternal protestant took care of business in the north mwhahahaha… well there were quite a few papist paddys that had fun enriching the plains Indians too.

Sort of, but depending on how you look at it, Cortes' wife.

La Malinche > Pocahontas
Change my mind
you can't

Attached: 85c3ced875a77ef9dfb4993d06329bed.jpg (1293x967, 350.39K)

but user those are american born fetizhes nothing to do with the aztecs.