Why are the God of the OT and Jesus so different? Why doesn't Jesus want us to kill the enemies of God?

Why are the God of the OT and Jesus so different? Why doesn't Jesus want us to kill the enemies of God?

Attached: 1553554184557.jpg (204x247, 9.2K)

There are three sources of material in the Old Testament, people assigning God attributes and words, people saying things for their own purposes (a lot of Levitical Law), and God actually (Wisdom for instance, mostly). Knowing which is which will help greatly in interpretation.

The old covenant had a different purpose than the new covenant. The old covenant was about establishing a presence on earth in the form of a Jewish ethnostate (which would also ensure purity of bloodline for Jesus Christ). The new covenant, which came with Jesus Christ, was meant to be phase 2 of God's plan: spread salvation to the gentiles and redeem all people. In the old covenant, it was often necessary for God to command His people to kill in order that they could defend their nation and keep it pure, and so that the gentiles wouldn't overrun Israel. In the new covenant, we are to live for God as His priests and to see as many people saved as possible, even those who would kill us. The Romans did try to genocide Christians, but look how well that worked out for them.

Remember that in the end, Jesus Christ will return with an army of martyrs at His back. That is when vengeance will be exacted - the first time, then there will be the great judgement where vengeance will be exacted again and eternally - by throwing the enemies of God into the lake of fire. Therefore, when you crave vengeance - remember to put your hope in the resurrection that is for God's people - Christians. The resurrection is the key of all hope in Christ: that even if we are martyred, death is not the end of us. Rather, to be martyred for Christ is better because you end up in heaven, which is infinitely better than life on earth. With that in perspective, earthly vengeance appears more… trifling.

Uhh I don't know if what you're saying is true but at first glance it seems dangerous to be able to dismiss specific things without a very rigerous and consistent methodology.

From God's perspective, humans of the OT were like children. Children that needed to be disciplined from time to time. By the time Jesus came to us on Earth, humanity was more mature and could handle the the New Covenant.

God never changed, it is us that has changed over the ages.

Why did Jesus have to be a jew? Didn't God make us all? Why are gentiles even a thing then? None of that made sense.

Ask your forefathers why they weren't as faithful as Abraham

Yeah let me just call them up

Attached: nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg (800x450, 18.14K)

Because that’s what the prophecy about the messiah said He would be

Then why do the jews reject him

Not all of the jewish people rejected Jesus, but the ones that did were arrogant and used God as a means for their own personal gain. They are the synagogue of satan.

Alot of the Israelites thought their messiah was supposed to be a warlord that would literally fight the romans and free them. That's what alot of misguided jews still believe today.

They would… if they were Israelites.

The Pharisees believed their savior would forcefully muttify the superior races so they could rule a global Babylon. That never happened so now they’re worshipping themselves as their own savior.

If he wasn't a Jew, how would anybody have known who he was, or believed him to be the Son of God? Jews were the keepers of the tradition that foretold his coming, and the prophecies said he'd come from the same bloodline as them. How could he have been anything other than a Jew?

because they're jews

Scripture and Tradition tell us of multiple gentile nations that worshipped the true God even before Abraham did. Specifically the Canaanite kingdom of Melchizedek, and the Germanic kingdom of Ashkenaz. And since all nations are descended from Noah, who worshipped God, it's probably safe to assume that all nations, at some point in their ancient history, had their own form of worshipping the true God. But at some point they fell away. All peoples were made to, and originally did, worship God. It just so happened that the only nation that stuck with God (for the most part) was the one descended from Judah.

They aren't different at all, political powers have a vested interest in gaslighting Christians into pacifistic impotence.

Attached: 1523404027338.jpg (2244x2859, 562.95K)

"And Simeon blessed them, and said to Mary his mother: Behold this child is set for the fall, and for the resurrection of many in Israel, and for a sign which shall be contradicted;" Luke 2:34

>>491187

Attached: 7429b42ba4d2c7913b07ccc8797793ee2bfd128b96bdc31ed7672e2ea5087ce0.jpg (900x900, 66.13K)

So jews are evil?

The religion is evil.

Actually read the Bible. There is no difference between God in the OT and God in the NT. The God of the OT says plenty of "peaceful" things and the God of the NT says plenty of "violent" things.

This thread is full of serious errors and I didn't think Catholics were this far gone.

go away Zig Forums

Incorrect

This is the right answer

Attached: u3a526ndrjr11.jpg (1200x675, 83.54K)

Jesus: But as for those my enemies, who would not have me reign over them, bring them hither, and kill them before me.

Luke 19:27

How? I've never heard of God having a chat with proto Europoors.

That's part of a parable, dont purposely try to bend His words taking them out of context.

The person who says that in the parable represents God.

Mark 9:42 Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea.

I'm so glad you showed up, I was deeply afraid that someone was going to consider thinking about the Lord as something other than a blue-haired community organizer.

Never forget the words of the progressive messiah, blessed are the faggots for they shall receive wedding cakes.