All roads lead to god, but

Why is there so much war over what seems like brand-name-tribalism?

Attached: abrahamic_wars_in_a_nutshell.png (1554x2042, 1.45M)

Go read a book you dumb faggot.

All roads do not lead to the same God. Judaism for example has the Talmud as their primary text, and the things found in the Talmud are completely antithetical to the teachings of the New Testament. The Talmud teaches Jewish superiority over gentiles, permits Jewish sins against non Jews. Islam's teachings are also incompatible with Christianity; namely that non Muslims should be treated differently and even killed for apostasy.

The only wars that were fought were over a thousand years ago. And it was defensive on Christianity's part. People simply wanted to keep their homes and not get raped. And if they themselves didn't want to be violent, other Christians were compelled to fight on their behalf.

If you want to be dramatic about it, that's your own problem.

all roads do lead to God.
no matter who you are, where you are, or what you've done, you will meet Jesus.

There is objective universal truth. READ FIRST COMMANDMENT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 917c0dad12e3c2b9e57a886c51623b97dfe71371ffdb524c51fdc1e89c449d2e.png (812x869, 379.12K)

what are you sperging about? did I say something against the first commandment?

I'm not spreading the heresy of universalism, if that's what you believe.
I didn't say a Jew is going to meet Jesus and Jesus will welcome him into his kingdom.
I just said he would meet Him.

Only one road leads to God. All others lead to idols, and therefore to eternal perdition.
Your picture would be accurate if the Pepsi can actually contained bleach and the RC Cola can actually contained sulfuric acid.

Yes, all will meet Jesus on the final judgement.
Most will be eternally tormented as a result, and cast away by God because they hated Him.

THOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE HIM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

read my posts and shut up

Ecumenism is a denial of the first commandment. Christ called himself THE TRUTH.

Praying with heretics makes you an apostate in any apostolic church. The apostles EXPLICTLY commanded their followers not to go into the synagogue or the mosque, not to pray there, those idols are false.

Ecumenism is the modern arianism. It's just as great a crisis as that.

Is that what your priest told you?

But… early Christians met in synagogues, right? And Mosques didn't exist when the apostles were alive - Islam is like 500 years later…

Did you mean pagan temples?

I don't know why you're disagreeing with me about something I… didn't say?
did I say anything ecumenical?
what is your problem?

So you admit that you were being a smartass.

No, I'm not converting to judaism no matter how many times jidf tries to associate my favorite things with them.

There was a moment when the Christians left the synagogues and decided they could not go back.

No my priest did not say that. Ecumenism is heresy I challenge you to defend it.

If you pray with heathens or to heathen idols you are an apostate. All roads do not lead to God. Satanism for example does not lead to God.

lol

Imagine my shock.

Kek.

But then what does your priest think about it? He's your teacher and your spiritual father, you know.
I ask this because it sounds like you're just repeating Genuine Orthodox talking points you saw online, rather than something you were taught (by either your godparents or your priest).
Are you a convert? If so, I strongly suggest questioning the implications of what you said (that anyone who prays with a heretic is an apostate), both in the context of what the canons are and what they are for, as well as the behavior of a large part (the majority?) of our clergy today (who, in my experience, are generally fine with praying with non-Chalcedonians, while how fine they are with praying with Catholics depends of the history of their region, and they are usually at least carefully reluctant to pray with Protestants, or at least the Evangelical/Pentecostal type).

Stop spamming the board you dumb faggot. QTTDDTOT thread. Although….it is a spam even there to ask such a retarded question

I didn't mean to come off that way. I guess "all roads lead to God" is usually used in a hokey, universalist sense.
this thread wasn't worth a reply from the start.

My priest is Serbian Orthodox as I converted to EOC, but in any honest RCC church they should tell you the same. It’s in all the old papal encyclicals. The popes of previous centuries issued very clear statements that praying with or at the sites of Muslims or Jews makes you de facto an apostate. There is no grey area.

Attached: 632BC014-DF89-40D3-92CD-854593FE63A9.jpeg (1242x650, 211.32K)

I couldn't care less what the Roman Catholic Church does or says. It is in heresy, and even on a doctrine as important as the Trinity.
Please tell your priest your stance on ecumenism and those who pray with heretics. I don't really care whether he agrees with you or disagrees with you, but either way, stick to what he answers you. Be careful about builing up views on the faith apart from your priest's teachings, especially if it's a bunch of stuff you found off the Internet. Christianity is not a DIY religion.

Were they "ex cathedra"? Man you just fell for the biggest runaround.

Attached: 41270ad81.jpg (400x600, 33.63K)

I'm honestly surprised how you guys don't even pretend there's an objective truth. State churches business as usual I guess. Ignore your King's word to follow a manmade one.

- Mark 7:8-9

I will tell him my stance but a priest is just a teacher. He is not some occult figure with hidden knowledge. It’s all there in the writings of the saints and apostles.

To say there is a path to God outside Christ is to call Christ a liar. It's heresy.

Ur the butthurt freemason aren't you?

There is literally one single road that leads to God. Jesus Christ. All other roads lead to damnation.

Go read a book you dumb faggot.

Also a one and done I see

Citation needed

Attached: e1ccdd872fe18163a92558b7fbfb6f0d--cardinals-saints.jpg (474x474, 24.05K)

Do you know what that word means?

Muslims kill Muslims who try to stop being Muslims.

John 14:6