The ottoman empire

I really don't know why God allowed this for such a long time, and this opression in the christian balkans and the horrible slave trade really makes me bitter. They took Jerusalem for centuries and nobody truly challanged them for Christ's sake. What a travesty..

Attached: Territorial_changes_of_the_Ottoman_Empire_1801.jpg (1104x834, 413K)

The same can now be said of the Israelis, who may say the same of the Christians.

except it was muslims who invaded christian places first.

And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. - 1 John 5:19 (KJV)

*meant for>>792508

Because God isnt a nanny to clean up every time you mess up without even asking
Had we been united by the time and had strong brotherhood between eachother entire world would be ruled by Christian Empires. But idiotic and vain squabbles ruined us.

Yeah i guess you're right. Great things come when we unite. The first crusade is a good example. Even the holy league of vienna, even if small, gave great fruit. That wasn't God's fault, it was our fault, we failed to treat eachother as brothers and destroyed ourselves. The thirty year war's is a great example, destroying ourselves and christian peoples when ottomans were ruling the balkans and africa. We were winnie the pooh retards.

Read the story of Job. Job loses everything then demands an explanation from God like some angry Walmart shopper at the return aisle. That's not how He works.

Also it was Orthodox priests who led the uprisings against the Turks.

Attached: 0000000000000000000000000000.jpg (640x415, 86.13K)

punishing the orthodox for their arrogant schism

How charitable and Christian of a comment.

The muslim expansion led to the subjugation of catholic North Africa, Spain, catholic Balkans, Hungary, parts of Austria, etc. for centuries, and the kidnapping and enslavement of MILLIONS of western catholics, through the Barbary Slave Trade.
Besides, all 4 patriarchates(maybe except Alexandria) fell while in communion with Rome.

Honestly, i don't think God cares about empires at all. The Roman empire was an exception because it was the manifestation of the power of God and how he can turn an an all powerful, anti-Christian empire into a Christian one. We idolise the Roman empire for that reason and the span of 1000 years will be a record that no other empire, state or entity will ever manage to surpass. But 1453 was the time for it to end.
Have in mind that a few years later, it was the time of intellectual and militant anti-Christianity in the west which gave rise to all the modern ideas who rule our world today. There, people revolted themselves against their empires and bring them to an end. So the empires are now dead and we only have our churches* to cling to. I believe that was the plan of God.

*The Orthodox church still use the double-headed eagle as her flag. When Constantinople fell and the emperor was killed, the Patriarch became the de facto authority for the Christian slave population. The empire now is spiritual and in our globalised world, i don't believe that any new Christian empire, state, whatever, will ever emerge again.

I understand how you feel, I wonder why God allowed islam to exist at all.

Because God doesn't exist. How mysterious of God to allow his followers to be murdered.(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

God permits Islam to exist just like how God permits the devil to exist. He allows evil to exist so we can learn from it and grow stronger in our faith.
What we ought to do is pray that the Blessed Virgin Mary appears on top of Mecca and tells the crowd "Listen to Him"
There would be a mass conversion of epic proportions.

God tests us in many ways. We just have to fight our way past these challenges.

It was the Muslim stranglehold on the East that saw the West look for alternate routes to China. That led to the discovery of the Americas by Christian powers (a Muslim expedition from West Africa was never seen again). Even if they may have discovered America anyway - due to British fishermen - settlement would have been few and far between. Christian domination of the Americas, and the world's trade, was because the Turks settled in the East and conquered the Greeks.

God does not guarantee the immortality of any kingdom of men, only the Kingdom of God.

This is God's punishment for how hierarchical the church had become, transforming itself into the Temple that Jesus revolted against

but they kicked the orthodox's butt tho

And that's what we deserve. Until we revert to Christ's teachings and abandon the Temple which we are subjected to currently, we will never be free from oppression

Are you from Zig Forums, by any chance? Hierarchy has been part of the Church from the start.