Anti-abortion film a surprise boxoffice success…

Anti-abortion film a surprise boxoffice success…
That put the film in an unexpected fourth place for the week behind the much bigger budget pictures "Dumbo," "Us," and "Captain Marvel."

archive.today/2019.04.06-221806/https://news.yahoo.com/us-anti-abortion-film-surprise-box-office-success-010603753.html

New York (AFP) - A movie produced by a Christian studio about a former employee of an organization that provides abortions who became a "pro-life" activist is proving to be a surprising box office hit. "Unplanned," which was released in theaters on March 29, has pulled in more than 8.6 million dollars in North America, according to Box Office Mojo. "Unplanned" comes amid a resurgent campaign in the United States by opponents of abortion, which was legalized in the United States in a landmark 1973 Supreme Court decision. Among those promoting the movie has been the deeply religious vice president, Mike Pence. "So good to see movie theaters across the country showing @UnplannedMovie," Pence tweeted. "More & more Americans are embracing the sanctity of life because of powerful stories like this one."Building on its early buzz, "Unplanned" is to be shown in more than 1,500 theaters across the United States this weekend, up from 1,059 the weekend of its release.

Produced by the self-described Christian studio Pure Flix, "Unplanned" was launched with little advertising because most cable TV channels reportedly refused to air ads for the film. Anti-abortion groups have denounced this as part of an orchestrated campaign which they claim also included the film being attributed an "R" rating by the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA). An "R" rating requires anyone under the age of 17 going to a movie to be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian. Fueling the criticism was the brief suspension by Twitter of the movie's account, which the company attributed to a technical problem. Writing in The Washington Post, columnist Marc Thiessen called "Unplanned" the "movie abortion supporters don't want you to see." "Unplanned" is based on a book by the same name by Abby Johnson, a former director of an abortion clinic in Bryan, Texas, run by Planned Parenthood, the largest family planning organization in the United States. Johnson recounts in the book how she had a "spiritual awakening" after personally assisting with an abortion.

Attached: Unplanned_promotional_poster.png (259x383, 184.39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailywire.com/news/46630/watch-pro-planned-parenthood-students-dance-around-amanda-prestigiacomo
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=85&v=JXf_jM4_7kw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I literally don't give a winnie the pooh. If someone needs to see a like Hollywood movie to find out killing babies is wrong, winnie the pooh them. This is just masturbatory ego-stroking, like all forms of protest.

Thanks for sharing

This film is rated R, in America that means a 16-year old can get an abortion without her parent's consent, yet she cannot go see a true story film on abortion…

depends on the state. Here you must be 18. They ought to make it 21, fortunately, it wont matter soon since abortions after a heartbeat will be murder.

Attached: dqcs435baey11.png (620x767, 407.59K)

I saw it, and it was clearly made by people who cared and who knew what it was. First off, what this movie is NOT:
1) This is not standard Pure Flix fair. Love it or hate it, those are all feel-good movies where everything is wrapped up in a bow at the end. They're not realistic, and they shy away from hard truths to keep the 'family friendly' vibe. This movie is not that. It's a real story about an actual, human piece of shit who finds God.
2) This is not a way to convert pro-abortion people. You might snag people who are on the fence, especially Christians, but showing this film to a feminist isn't going to have any effect on them.
So what is this film, concerning purpose? This film has, essentially, two messages. The first is revealing the horror of abortion to apathetic pro-lifers who are intellectually anti-abortion, but have never really grasped the problem enough to do anything about it. It makes the awfulness of abortion clinics very real, not just the obvious but the kinds of dishonest business practices Planned Parenthood engages in. The second message is that nobody is beyond redemption. Throughout the movie, a pair of pro-life protestors, contrary to the nastier ones holding up 'baby-killer' signs, build a relationship with the main character, even as she treats them very badly, and it is to them that she turns when she realizes what she's been doing and wants out. By then, these were the only 'friends' she had outside the Planned Parenthood clinic.
It's a pretty good flick (supporting cast aren't great actors, but given the budget…). Go see it if you can. Christendom needs to wake up to this. I've got more on the subject of abortion, but I'm going to just go start a new thread. Lots of feels lately. Pic related is MFW.

Attached: crusade.jpg (480x360, 34.47K)

And now we know the fruits of separation of church and state…

Fell good protestant hippy bullshit. You can be absolved of your sins, but some sins you can't come back from. Some sins condemn you to death. If you've gone around killing babies, you deserve death, and if you truly saw the error of what you've done, you would want death. You can't just "switch sides" you can't just act like nothing happened.

Where in the bible does it say this

Ah…are there other sins which exclude one from salvation beyond all redemption? I’m asking since I have done some pretty bad stuff and I’m still tempted to do it again…

I thought reprobate doctrine was Protestant?

Attached: image.jpg (362x480, 52.59K)

No, but sins can exclude you from earthly life

Ah, like: one should be put to death after receiving absolution for his/her sins? If that is what you meant, I could agree with it with a small time for the sinner to atone and do penance here in preparation for capital punishment (and maybe this being applicable for truly extreme deadly sins).

That's not what redemption means. Avoiding temporal consequences is not redemption. Coming to humility and repentance through Christ is redemption. Indeed, facing justice is often a redemptive and rehabilitative experience beyond what any amount of touchy-feely stuff can reach. In this case, though, the justice systems of the world will never visit temporal consequences on the perpetrators of abortion, and what justice they will face is between them and God. It is not our place to decide justice and then visit it on the guilty.

Cringe. Write like a normal person

It is ego stroking. If you want to promote pro-life causes, make a normal movie and slip in anti-aborton messages, just like Hollyjew productions use tons of subliminal propaganda. No pro-"choice" person is ever going to see this movie, why would they?

Did you even read the part where I said "This isn't going to convert pro-choice people?" What you suggest isn't really possible without decades of infiltration in the industry, because it's locked down by 'progressives.' In the meantime, you do what you can, and this movie is way more like a real movie than most of the saccharine crap turned out by Christian movie studios. Go see it.

Shill

Why? To me, it seems much better to tell the truth directly and plainly. Of course you could perhaps use a softer touch sometimes, to help people too far away from it to understand.

But it seems daft to me to try to convince people of the truth the same way you would with a lie. People who do accept the idea of abortion do so because their intellect is darkened. They close their own eyes to the truth because of some apparent good which seems greater to them, at least at the time. Now, movies nowadays will frequently try to promote liberalisms such as abortion in an indirect and emotion charged way so as to make understanding the actual issue harder and lead people to take the message the movie wants to sell rather than make an actual meditation on the issue. While this might be an effective way to sell a lie, this is not a good way to sell the truth, since even if you can make someone side with you by using similar tactics on a specific instance; using emotional manipulation and simplistic arguments still won't explain the truth out of the lies, and wouldn't really solve the issue.

Case in point, a manipulative movie might help balance the public opinion against third trimester abortions. But it wouldn't be much help in making people understand why abortions are bad in principle and how they are related to contraception and unchaste behaviour in general.

Just it, great movie.
9/10 would recommend.

No. You can be forgiven of all of your sins. do NOT listen to this guy. The only sin you can't be forgiven of is Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, which is when you continuously reject Gods grace, and if you did reject that, you wouldn't even be trying to be Christian or worrying about it. :) God bless.

No sin is beyond redemption. The so-called "good thief" better referred to as the "repentant thief" who was crucified at the right hand of God has been redeemed.
He was also still killed for his crimes, whatever they were, which were likely far worse than mere theft, seeing as he was crucified for them by the Romans.
The two (civil penalties vs redemption and forgiveness) aren't at all equivalent, and this used to be common knowledge, as judges would sentence a criminal to be executed with the words "and may God have mercy on your soul."

I will add this. When you hate that a sinner finds redemption, you sin with envy, just as the brother of the prodigal did. The Lord wants nothing more than to find His lost sheep.

Nothing is beyond redemption from if you are truly repentant. Paul was a murderer and persecutor of Christ.

Good stuff here.

There are two unforgivable sins, the other one is taking the Mark of the Beast

Gee, have you stopped to think that logic could then be applied to letting children consume all types of questionable media as well? Maybe the age restrictions should be lowered.

Why take the Lord's name in vain, especially here?
I know "gee" is not "Jesus" but isn't it a lame substitute by people who do not want to say the whole thing.
I realize it is pushed everywhere and sometimes it crosses my mind when I get angry or something. But we should not use it. It is like saying "xmas".
Sorry if I am annoying but I already hear people taking the lords name in vain IRL all the time. It's all so irritating.

As for the rest of your post: maybe the questionable media should be banned so children are not spoiled by them.

woke, based and breadpilled

Attached: d014b8ddbb7582b6db2ee3e8bcc4b6c69c64cae5c5e61a0a785ca8ea4cc21bd1.jpg (960x645, 335.45K)

"Look, there’s mine right there!” she said, pointing to one of the crosses representing a killed unborn child.

Earlier this month, Planned Parenthood-supporting students at the University of Texas-San Antonio giddily mocked a pro-life group’s display known as the “Cemetery of the Innocents,” which is a dedication to the unborn killed by abortion.

“Stop, hey, hey, what's that sound, all the fetuses are in the ground!” sang one female student…

Another female student joked that they should “kiss in the fetus graveyard” and said getting an abortion is her biggest “kink,”

dailywire.com/news/46630/watch-pro-planned-parenthood-students-dance-around-amanda-prestigiacomo

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=85&v=JXf_jM4_7kw

Sometimes there are things that make me angry, and sometimes, people can be so pointlessly evil that I actually pity them. If they only knew how this is not going to be worth it.

"I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment."

Where does it say this in the Catechism?

But what about the parable Jesus taught about who will love Him more