So, exactly just how many of you are aspiring priests/pastors no matter the denomination...

So, exactly just how many of you are aspiring priests/pastors no matter the denomination, and how many of you just study scripture for the sake of it?

If so, what's the point you see in engaging into scriptural understanding on an academical level from a strictly secular point of view?

Attached: question doge.jpg (411x292, 22.71K)

you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ 1 Peter 2:5

All believers are priests.

But if everyone can be a priest, why did the church go against scripture and instill a rigid hierarchy for a selected class of sacerdots?

It's not against Scripture. All believers are priests in that the Great Commission applies to all believers. That, however, doesn't mean all believers have Holy Orders. I can preach, teach, and spread the Word all day every day; but I can't give absolution or anything of that like. The structure of the Church is still in place.

For the same reason anything works the way it works. All the workers in the factory are employees, but only a few are managers.

Laymen trying to explain the Bible and it's message will inevitably lead to a washed up version of it. See: Protestantism

lol.
You realize this is a protestant meme right?

Well, you're right, but not every believer is called to be a deacon or bishop. And not every believer is an elder, or even a disciple.

Yep.
I have no reason other than bolstering my own faith and being able to bring others to the faith by giving them better answers in regards to faith.

And its interesting

It has ancient Jewish history and customs, as well as early Christian activity

Some people may find that type of info useful for school or just out of interest*

(CCC 1547) "The ministerial or hierarchical priesthood of bishops and priests, and the common priesthood of all the faithful participate, "each in its own proper way, in the one priesthood of Christ." While being "ordered one to another," they differ essentially. In what sense? While the common priesthood of the faithful is exercised by the unfolding of baptismal grace - a life of faith, hope, and charity, a life according to the Spirit - ,the ministerial priesthood is at the service of the common priesthood. It is directed at the unfolding of the baptismal grace of all Christians. the ministerial priesthood is a means by which Christ unceasingly builds up and leads his Church. For this reason it is transmitted by its own sacrament, the sacrament of Holy Orders."

I didn't realize Protestants followed the CCC. Here is a pamphlet from the Knights of Columbus about Holy Orders. You might want to educated yourself before you repudiate yourself.

I have no source of income of any sort, no degree, nobody to help me, and there's a good chance I'll be homeless next year at the latest. Entering seminary is not exactly a possibility here. Eastern Orthodoxy is the only thing I'm knowledgeable about, but I don't have any of the qualifications required to have a job or vocation where that would be needed. I'd like to be a priest if only so that I could celebrate the Divine Liturgy, but… yeah.

Come home to Rome! Everyone can celebrate the Liturgy. The only qualification is that you're a believer.

That's horrifying.

I know I'm bad at making myself clear but I refuse to believe you used your brain before posting this. Either you are saying that a layman can consecrate the Eucharist in Catholicism, or you interpreted me to mean that only clergymen can attend the Orthodox Divine Liturgy. Both are absurdities.
By "celebrating" I mean "being the celebrant", that is, "being a clergyman doing the liturgy at the altar", although I should have precised that I mean as a priest, not as a deacon (although the diaconate is great too).

The Second Vatican Council, in “Sacrosanctum Concilium” (“Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy”), strongly recommended the faithful pray the Liturgy of the Hours, “either with the priests or among themselves or even individually,” because these prayers would help them “sanctify the day.”

Uh oh …. you just triggered the ProtBot Squad. Prepare to cringe.

You're confused. I'm talking about the Divine Liturgy, which is the name of the Eucharistic liturgy in Byzantine tradition. You, as a Roman Catholic, would call it the Mass.
A layman cannot celebrate the Mass, that is, he cannot fulfill a clerical ministry at the altar. The bishop or priest can consecrate the Eucharist, but a layman cannot.

If we're talking about the Daily Office, of course laymen can do it in Orthodoxy. Well, a dumbed down version of it that can be found in prayer books, anyway. Takes about 20 minutes for each (well, except for the Midnight Office, in which you're supposed to read Psalm 119…).

Why don't you go to your nearest parish and ask for some welfare, until you're back on your feet?

bump

REEEEE ecumenism bad!
Non-Latin Mass bad!
Fake Pope bad!
REEEEEE

My parish can't afford to sustain my life, man. My priest only makes 400 euros/month, and the parishioners aren't exactly on the high end of society either.
My parish does give me canned food now and then, though.