Zig Forums cooking

What does Zig Forums like to cook? Do you cook anything special for christian holidays?

Sweet a /ck/ thread!
On Wednesdays and Fridays I eat vegetarian for fasts. I chop up a whole spanish onion, with some mini portabella mushrooms and marinade it with some bottomshelf bourbon, salt, black pepper, and curry. Put it in a wok and cook until the onions are soft and sweet. I eat that with rice or mashed potatoes and some steamed broccoli and asparagus with a tall glass of water or vanilla almond milk.

I also like the channel in the OP. His recipes are simple yet pretty filling

Attached: Caramelized-Onions-foodiecrush.com-012.jpg (1200x1798, 187.9K)

I don't think you're really following the spirit of fasting if you prepare yourself tasty food, regardless of whether or not you eat meat. When David fasted he ate no meat, but he also "ate no pleasant bread."

I think you're following the spirit of fasting even less by critiquing how others fast. Eyes on your own plate brother.

I actually made the baked onion thing of his and it was unironically actually tasty. But for the big feasts/holidays, I like to go all out but have a variety of dishes; duck and chicken at Christmas, everything that can be made with cheese after pascha, the works. But I'm also trying not to plan my post-lenten meals right now, got a few more weeks to go before I can prep for that without breaking my own fast.

Considering thats the only thing I eat for the entire day, I think I'll be fine.

How about you just accept correction like the Bible says you should instead of insinuating that the people correcting you have impure motivations.

Maybe it is you that should accept that user's correction. Your previous post makes you come off as pharisaic on top of it derailing OP's thread. So let's get back on topic and share some recipes so we can make everyone's meal time more enjoyable.

Attached: thread-derailed-gif-8.gif (280x210, 1.35M)

… oy vey

I enjoy a good ol' chicken poutine, just like grandma used to make.
>2 large fries from McDonald's yeah grandma would cheat on her recipes a but you can always fry up your own fries, this is just less messy

First, you tell your spouse or child to run out to McDonald's and order large french fries. While they are out, marinade the chicken with the salt and the pepper and the chopped leek. Coat a large pan with the vegtable oil. Cook chicken and the mushrooms together. While that is cooking, mix gravey packet with the water and occasionally stir until some of the water evaporates and the gravy thickens, than remove heat.
By the time the other person arrives with the fries, the chicken should be done. Prepare the plates with the fries, put chicken mixture on top of each of the plates. Than lay down the gravy on top of all of that.
Than say prayers and enjoy the lazy poutine the way grandma would make.

Attached: Poutine-Recipe-500x500.jpg (500x500, 33K)

He didn't correct me though, he just maliciously insinuated that I was being prideful. My correction was actually from the Bible, correcting someone who thinks fasting is accomplished by obeying the letter of the law.

My Caramelize onions always turn out wrong

Ahh! Tres bien! I love poutine

Attached: 5252759-Quebec_pride-0.jpg (450x600, 90.65K)

Bamping for more recipes.

Why not make your own fries too?

Meat pies are great, even better because if you remove the meat and olive oil and use vegetable stock it suddenly becomes lenten:
Then enjoy, with or without the meat/oil any time of the year unlike this pharisee would have you do.

That user, indifferent IP.
I have done that in the past, but I don't have an air or a deep fryer so I have to resort to pan-frying it. I personally don't like pan-frying my own french fries. The cleanup of oil splattering everywhere on top of properly disposing of the oil, it's just a pain in the butt that I don't really like that much.
Besides I like making my spouse get the french fries so they feel like they contributed to the meal.

BUG MEN ARE TURNING TO BUG FOOD

Please tell me you wouldn't put this any near your mouth, Zig Forums…

Attached: 1554304666439.jpg (1200x1801, 168.24K)

Why not? Grasshoppers are kosher and excellent protein. Jesus himself may have eaten a few in his day.

I've had grasshopper cookies before, but that said I'd never eat that processed bug-bar. I prefer my insects free-range. seriously though, no, I wouldn't eat that thing

Wouldn't you rather have a dish of beef or pork? Or even chicken?

Don't confuse your western decadence with Christian values.

Attached: lolcat.jpg (403x403, 30.71K)

Probably yes, but I’m not squeamish when it comes to food; I ate snails, snakes and rabbits, insects don’t sound too bad.

I chuckled. But, seriously, you shouldn't be afraid to try new things. You never know. Ever have shrimp? Then you've tasted locust. Virtually the same thing.

I think what that user ment was
check your first world privilege
Or something like that
Ironically the first world leftists think Entomophagy is all the rage and allows one to virtue signal agianst the meat industry.

Attached: justin-timberlake-18jan18-01.jpg (799x1200, 167.4K)

Also this
sage for double post

I like to make spaghetti.
I also believe that cooking is an extremely noble endavour, in it's essence it displays the ultimate purpose of mankind, and because of that, cooking is a great and meditative way to bring glory to God. In cooking one takes naturally occuring ingredients, gifts of the Earth, and then processes and combines them in a way that creates the best possible synergy of taste and nutrition. The possible combinations are nearly endless, you're only limited by your creativity. In this way, man takes something good that God has designed and created and then brings the best out of that creation, thus not only demonstrating, but also participating in what is our God-given purpose and meaning of life, that is to spread love and in the image of God, out of something already good create even greater good. No other creature does this. To cook is to be fully human, aligned with our perfect cosmic purpose.

Attached: simage.jpg (580x435, 35.97K)

My favorite food I just discovered a couple days ago.
Pierogies
God Bless Poland!

When I hear of people cooking any type of pasta, my Italic senses rev up…hope you have not committed any of the gastronomical heresies the modern times brought upon Italian cuisine.

Damn that looks good

Now i'm curious, pastadubsman. What are these heresies you speak of? I want to avoid them if I ever make homemade pasta.

I know right? I wanna make beef filled ones once pay day rolls around. I've been cooking the frozen ones I get at [local grocery store] and feel in love. Maybe this will finally help me learn how to make dough.

Changed phone…
1) pasta in cold water brought to boiling point: the water must be already boiling and with salt when you dunk the pasta;
2) oil in the water: tastes awful and makes it so that the pasta will not get the best out of any sauce you put on it;
3) overcooking it: if on the box it says “ready in 7 minutes”, let it cook for five and then drain the pasta;
4) breaking the spaghetti: [redacted, pastanon yells in Italian and says something on the line of “how about I break your legs!”; we apologise];
5) too much pasta and too little sauce: that’s a sure way to have a disappointing meal…

These are the ones I can recall after 5 years of exile in Albion…
and yes: cooking, good cooking that is (the act of preparing and enjoying food with friends and family), is indeed a divine gift.

(OP)
Life saving bump
Lent is over, I want some good recipes.
Like >>>/carnivore/ recipes

If people are naturally repulsed by insects does it mean that by natural law they aren't meant as food?

Saving this thread from the autistic spammer.

If I win the jackpot then I will donate part of it to the rogue mod for helping to make this possible.

If I wake up as finn then I will donate my old clothes to the rogue mod or to a charity of his choice.

Dear GOD:

Please let me win the $7 MILLION POWERBALL JACKPOT on SATURDAY (JUNE 29). I will use the money to set up my own research lab and find the cure for CANCER and AGING.

I will release the cures into the public domain.

Everyone no matter how rich or poor will no longer need to suffer!

Childhood cancer will also be history!

Thank you!

- A FAITHFUL BELIEVER

Oops sorry, I posted this in the wrong thread. I can't delete it because I have so many IP addresses so just ignore it.

That's more of a cultural issue and not an inherent behavior. Monastics in the early Church relied on cooked locusts and there are many other societies that eat insects regularly. Europeans never had to because of the abundance of other foods and relative scarcity of edible insects. I would be first in line if mosquitoes were edible and tasted like chicken

Attached: IconPM-JohnBap-3-2.jpg (300x412, 70.25K)

I would never dare eat something like that. Or animal innards, or food with blood, or certain animals, or any tbh. I'm really particular about food, and that repulses me

Just be careful not to fall into daintiness (i.e being picky) my friend. That is a sign of gluttony.

That looks good

A rogue mod keeps deleting my post on the prayer thread and banning my IP addresses. I could chalk up to the first ban being a simple "fat finger" mistake. After all, no ban reason was given. But the second ban proves that it was intentional.

But… believe it or not that was actually a good thing for me. In fact, it was a literal godsend.

For many months, I've been looking for an excuse to spam my prayer message somewhere online. I've tried 4chan, IRC channels, Discord, etc. On 4chan, I used to post only on threads on page 10 that have reached their bump limit in order to cause minimum disruption while still leaving a permanent record of my prayer. I didn't feel particularly good doing this, because I had no ill feelings towards them.

At first, I didn't want to spam this board because you guys also seemed like a nice community. Actually, I still think that most of you guys are nice people, and I have no ill feelings towards most of you. But due to the recent events that have transpired creating such a perfect opportunity for vengeance… I just can't resist myself. :P

I have two years worth of comp sci education under my belt but I don't have a job. So apart from sleeping and shitting (and the occasional grocery shopping on weekends) I have 24 hours of free time available to me every day. That's 7 days a week and 52 weeks a year. It will be a continuous uphill battle for the rogue mod to delete my posts and ban my IP addresses now.

This will be the beginning of the end for this board. Say goodbye to the oldest threads in the catalog and say hello to your new master.
I will cease spamming the board when at least one of my prayer demands have been met.

Attached: rogue mod - Copy.jpg (1920x1913, 349.59K)

stop spamming you fedora. you are impressing no one. Mods ban his ass, as much as I'd dislike it

Bans don't affect me little boy.

Bans don't affect me little boy.

Is it okay that (Im somewhat picky myself) instead of eating different foods( i'm slowly improving btw) i eat what i eat but in a much healthier way. I like Bacon egg and cheese sandwiches from Mcdonalds i could just make it at home. If i live on my own would it be acceptable to cook my food from base ingredients instead of prepackaged. I love food a little too much but don't gain weight that easily. I would give up food that is not the best( like oreos) and instead eat fresh food. would it be okay to treat my body like a temple to christ and change my diet relatively little but better/

I think so. There is no particular food that is forbidden by Christianity, so you can eat everything, as long as you still respect your body.