Emacs/systemd soon fellow tech enthusiasts

Emacs/systemd soon fellow tech enthusiasts.
lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2018-05/msg00765.html

Attached: Emacs-logo.png (600x482, 71.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A thread died for this

This was already discussed in the other emacs thread

I always felt emacs lacked a current year init. Now I can finally dump Linux for a real OS.

?

systemd is a shitty botnet OS though

It's out!

Fellow Emacs hackers, stop arguing with all these (((Zig Forums))) dumdums and reclaim the holy land for what's rightfully ours!
>>>/emacs/
>>>/emacs/
>>>/emacs/

Attached: 1525754081314.gif (300x100, 17.87K)

Why don't you just use GNU/Linux user?

Explain emacs to a vi-let

It's a programmable editor programmed with the programmable programming language elisp.
The editor itself is entirely programmed in elisp. Even something as simple as hitting the A key to type the letter A is just a keybind.

It's an OS pretending to be an editor and was considered harmful before you were born.

Emacs sucks ass, and you should kill yourself.

t. vim soyboy

Have you ever used vimscript? Did you wish it wasn't awful?

Also what's the best tiniest emacs? Zile? μ?

Do you also believe that vaccines cause autism?

Not only do we have three threads about this, you have absolutely no idea how systemd works. I don't use systemd, and even I know what a unit file is. And it's hilarious, because there's something worse, far more controversial in the new Emacs release, right under your nose, but Zig Forums is so triggered by systemd that they don't know how to panic over trivial things correctly.

It does, you retarded tripfag, but that isn't inherently bad. Most Asian people drink soy recreationally, like a treat. Retarded white people are the only ones who drink soy religiously, and, even then, the effects are so innocuous compared to things like fatty meats, mint, peppermint, spearmint, licorice, high-PUFA vegetable oils... So you're right in sentiment but technically wrong. I don't even know that you can be so stupid that you would try to refute a strawman with incorrect technical knowledge.

wouldn't shit like phytoestrogens block receptors thus lessening the effects?

An GNU Emacs is first and foremost an Elisp interpreter whose side affect is that it's incredibly portable. Naturally, it's also highly-extensible. Its strength is when it's used as a frontend for Unix tools, making it one of the most powerful and authentic Unix applications, only rivaled by Ed. Its weakness is how extensible Elisp makes GNU Emacs. Many idiots try to implemented software in Elisp that could be done in a superior language. Modules like these benefit from the portability of GNU Emacs but harshly suffer from the technical limitations of Elisp.

Many people conflate Emacsen like µMacs and mg with GNU Emacs, but those Emacsen are only similar to GNU Emacs in terms of bindings and possibly the major/minor mode paradigm. More comparable to GNU Emacs is GNU Zile and Plan9's Acme, both of which are glorified toolkit makers in their own way; if you include GNU Emacs in the toolkit maker triad, it's the most successful and popular of the three tools.

What are you referring to?
The implementation of threads is pretty lacklustre, but I wouldn't describe it as nefarious.

I really don't care. Whether soy milk affects testosterone levels meekly or severely, it really doesn't matter, because for the kind of effeminate, limp-wristed soyboys we call soyboys, drinking soy milk is more of a symptom.

I'm not telling you. Read the feature set again and decide what to get outraged over.

Oh yeah of course, like how soylent isn't even soy based. It's the silicon valley shitlets that drink it that are the true testosterone loss.

You mean the Google Drive thing?
Sure, but if cooperating with proprietary systems is your issue the whole editor already runs on Windows and has for a long time. I

Did someone say Silicon Valley soy?

Attached: emacs-tron.gif (320x136, 3.21M)

RMS' only public complaints about using Google Docs is the fact that they require nonfree javascript.

Attached: 010.png (1280x720, 1.08M)

I dunno about specifically autism but vaccines have in the past contained seriously toxic shit. It's not out of the question that doctors today wouldn't know harmful side effects of anything they administered. That's not the same thing as believing that god told you that vaccines caused autism with no real evidence though.

This. Use AUTOEXEC.BAT and whatever editor you want.

Can lispfags make Emacs 100% lisp?

Can soyboys stop trying to disrupt reasonable conversations?

Yeah, you first.

Everybody's switching over to BSD anyway. Linux and System D are obsolete.

GNU Emacs has been ported to every BSD project.

Why'd ya sage though?

Show evidence

Evidence of what? System D being cancer?

of
and

It doesn't say anything about obsolescence.

s/obsolescence/cancer/

Autofill from my last post.

This is like the black community rioting Koreatown for something the Chinese did. Fuck off.

This is retarded as saying Minecraft is systemd simply because you can write a user init file for Minecraft.

Please excuse my friend, he's a communist and prone to fits of retardation.

heil lennart
systemd is the only init system worth using. prove me wrong
protip: you fucking cant

The Cee language is already an abomination, systemd is an egregious shitstain.

The medical lobby in the US is a huge business and the shit they put in their products actually makes most meds (including vaccines) illegal in the EU. You're the only one here that's relying solely on faith, mate.