Mobile phone recommended applications

What applications to a phone should one have? For example, I just got a new android phone, and i would like to know a recommended list of apps to install.

Attached: dsp wank.jpg (604x654, 58.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kinoshitaproductions.booru_nav&hl=en
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Android_software
fossdroid.com/
f-droid.org/
repo.xposed.info/module-overview
sailfishos.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Termux.

Install Gent-oh, wait... F-droid...

Is Dashchan still good, or should I get another app to browse 8ch?

Google chrome app so you can shitpost on any imageboard you want.

Clover so you can phonepost. It's on F-Droid last I checked.

Simple Gallery, KDE Connect, Amaze, Riot.im, K9 Mail, AnySoftKeyboard
From fdroid: NewPipe, DNS66/NetGuard, Clover, SealNote, Lightning Browser
If you'll root your phone: VPN Hotspot, AFWall+ (instead of NetGuard), AdAway
Light launchers: KISS, OpenLauncher, Emerald, Hayai, Silverfish

I swear clover`s UI is awful I swear.

Attached: b769a100e8580868d4a0b156e6a993f6bf8d89b412e4519d7cf781a04b7a1215-monster.png (590x652, 69.48K)

Botnet garbage. Use Fennec or another actually Open Source browser.

None. If your phone has applications, it's not Zig Forums approved. You need a simple phone which lets you:

Just go to F-Droid and get all the basic FOSS Apps for file management and shit
Then get ZArchiver because Freetards still haven't bothered making an archiving software for some reason

Redundant when the device itself has a dedicated telemetry processor running its own firmware (the RIL) in addition to ARM Trusted Firmware (TrustZone or dedicated security processor) running a version of LittleKernel constantly in the background

this

Attached: Yee.jpeg (242x256, 13.08K)

So you basically want people to starve to death? There are developers out there who needs money to live
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kinoshitaproductions.booru_nav&hl=en

Are you serious? Clover has the best UX and UI of any chan app out there.

How usefull is this guide. Because this page (And most of InstallGentoo wiki) have not recieved any updates, so I dont if it is still valid.

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Android_software

It's years out of date and honestly most software listed on it is shit.

So give me a better list, or say what appps t oget then, if you know.

It's missing Firefox Klar (with uBlock Origin) and Blokada.

Anyone can contrib—

Went for your recomendations, thanks for that, now, I used Apollo before for music. Should I get another app for music?

my nigga, been using it for few years now, it's so clean and efficient, the other day i borrowed my friend's phone and was disgusted by how cluttered it is.

Attached: 1445405746731.png (411x454, 17.9K)

Just use any that doesn't have ads or GSF dependency. Apollo hasn't been updated in 5 years, get Vanilla MP, Vinyl Player or VLC from fdroid.

Google (R) Play Services (TM)

Are you actively looking for a job?
Do you have a wife or girlfriend?
If neither is the case, disable the ability to take calls. The march of (((progress))) will give you dozens of scam calls a month.

Smartphone is the biggest thread to privacy ever. Even when you chose the most libre solution (replicant + galaxy s3). I don't think there is anything worste than that.

So Zig Forums should advice against having anything but a burnphone, if you're forced to have one. If you company force you to use a certain phone, simply leave it at work if you can, or put it in aluminium foil when you live work to cut if out from the external world to stop the company from spying on you.
If you hide behind "social pressure" bullshit, then don't even bother coming here. Go suck the dick of your ""friends"", your boss, and don't even bother doing anything. There is no point bothering hiding your ip, using noscript/modifying about:config if you use a smartphone on the side.

This post is the exact exemple of placebo effect, and none understanding of how fucked are smartphones.

So I don't understand why this thread even exist.

Attached: patrician.gif (255x255, 1M)

I recommend everything made by SimpleMobileTools. Amaze is imo the best file manager. I rike to use zxing for QR codes and tachiyomi for mango. I occasionally play Shattered Pixel Dungeon. Other apps that might be worth checking out are Loop habit tracker, Audio Oscilloscope (org.billthefarmer.scope) and WiFiAnalyzer (com.vrem.wifianalyzer). You can get all these apps on F-Droid. Also, OP, pls install LineageOS.

Is there a good and free E-mail Client?

I use Clover

not an argument. You should always (at least) try to minimize the botnet and spying.

I haven't even heard about this. is it botnet?
wtf is this?

SimpleMobileTools is a botnet Jewish company

Unironically this.

Very basic imitation of Smart Launcher. Until they improve it a lot, I'll prefer the original.

Attached: smart launcher.png (512x512, 227.48K)

facebook(Obviously)
messenger(to text and use fb messaging)
instagram
snapchat
chrome
gmail
office 365 so you can stay connected with your school or workplace
amazon app
twitch
youtube

if you don't know where to get these just open the play store and setup a google account. you will get access.

all of you dumass "Privacy" people just get freevpn from the play store.

The only sane reason for getting a smart phone would be any of the following:

If you only need to communicate in realtime then just get burner phone instead

If you just want apps and like handheld 'smartass' device:
fossdroid.com/ (foss)
f-droid.org/ (foss)
repo.xposed.info/module-overview (warning: not really foss so audit the apps first or after install)
but first you gotta find out if the phone supports the following:

I lasted until here, then lost.

Is that a troll, a bot or an actual person?

Nah, it's literal shit.

Well the sailfishos.org/ runs all linux console apps on your phone just fine if you just compile them with the correct settings

SalifishOS is Linux, retard. Unless you're talking about GNU, of course.

All else being equal, free software is better. But these are not equal. As it is now, Silverfish is like a crude prototype of Smart Launcher. Besides, the ads are very discreet, I think you only see them for a few seconds when you set a theme.

I guess we can put an upper bound on how much you value freedom: a prettier and more convenient android app

Dashchan

The mere existence of this thread shows truly what Zig Forums has become. A huge bunch of pajeet/illiterate faggot who don't even value privacy.

Don't take posts like and seriously

Have an A4 paper you need to create a digital copy of but you don't have a scanner nearby?
Want to make a digital copy of a pamphlet or even a book?

Camscanner is an app for you.
Automatically stretches and crops pictures to make picture of book page flat and even.

Bait is a tradition, perhaps you need to lurk moar.

It's a shit tradition. It's the same cancer that killed 4chan moved here.

Bump.

this whole thread

Attached: bait.png (225x225, 1.88K)

Overchan works pretty well. It also supports other boards.

Lemme guess: you're one of those who say Krita and Gimp are on par with Photoshop.

No they aren't on par without installing specific scripts to re-use photoshop paintbrushes and a few other things. But don't use photoshop because it is fucking botnet.

tools only come at second place while the skill of the user is what matters more.
if you think using the best tools make you feel superior than those who use weaker tools then you're nothing but a toolfag.
have fun with decorating your studio(tm).

I just used this thread to make my mobile life way better.

Attached: 1447051817675-4-cyber.jpg (900x1273, 252.49K)

Smart phones are for slaves. I got a tiny as hell candybar dumbphone that fits in the coin pocket in my jeans and a cheap as fuck prepaid plan with rollover minutes. I basically just keep the phone for emergencies, like if my car breaks down or some glow in the dark basketball americans are following me and I need to call the popo..

Sometimes when I am in public, I look around and literally everyone except me is staring at their cell phone screen. Bunch of fucking zombies. I feel like Roddy Piper in They Live. I'm borderline ready to just go full Luddite.

Attached: untitled-3.png (900x506, 220.21K)

Just think of them as robots. We all love robots.

You can install gentoo on your phone though. Get a terminal emulator with chroot in it, download an ARM gentoo stage3 and chroot into it. I recommend Termux. It's that simple, you already have the linux kernel, all you need is a terminal and chroot. Just be aware all you have is a terminal, so no X server, but you can do anything limited to the terminal

Really makes you think.

Same here. I still keep a deactivated Android in my desk drawer for smoke testing, but I've reverted to simple flip phone.
I cannot agree more. I visited my alma mater recently and every single person had their face buried in their phones. Dozens of students were standing waiting for a bus shoulder to shoulder, all unaware of eachother's existence, their faces illuminated by the glow of their devices. It was surreal and creepy.

you're both faggots

JustChess
It's just chess.

Who not lichess.

KDE Connect (is a must for me)
Amaze
Gallery (SimpleMobileTools)
Adaway / DNS66 (or both)
AnySoftKeyboard
Clover (for 4chan)
LibreOffice Viewer
NewPipe
Notepad (or another non-dead note taking app from fdroid)
OpenCamera
Syncthing
VPN Hotspot
WiFi Key Share
Riot.im, Wire
K9 Mail
Fennec FDroid (or Brave / Lightning)
Silence (if you use SMS/MMS)

If you need a launcher then either OpenLauncher or KISS Launcher

All music players are shit so use whatever as long as it's open source, or at least doesn't depend on GSF and doesn't have ads.
Video player, mpv is fine. Or just take VLC which is a good media player in general.

I personally use stock media players and the stock launcher on LineageOS.

can anyone suggest a POCKET sized GPS navigation device that doesn't use internet (can store maps / satellite images from a PC) and can be easily be physically turned off unlike your typical spyphone?
it's literary AND unironically the only reason i occasionally use a chinkdroid with osmand for what it is, because i get overwhelmed with unknown surroundings and get lost easily.

Attached: 1532155241271.jpg (1080x1500, 126.15K)

You can order Librem 5. It has physical off switches for everything.

Didn't they get cucked by Intel for reverse-engineering their shit? (imo probly threatened with a neverending lawsuit, under a non-disclosure agreement)

Nobody cares? This is a mobile device, it doesn't use an intel CPU.

I don’t understand your doom and gloom, there are three big privacy issues with using Mobile/Smart Phones and all that is needed to deal with them, is that the User is aware of them when he uses these devices.

The first issue is that you carry a camera and a microphone with you around on a device that can be easily hacked, located, recorded and remote controlled.
All forms of radio communication are insecure, this is an inherent risk of this technology and nothing can change that. Encrypting your message will only delay the listener for days or weeks to know what you said, but in the end they will know it.
We can talk about privacy all day long, but the only option is not have one/be around these kind of devices or turn it off and only use it when you need it.

The second issue is that the companies that produce these devices and their software try to imprison the User in a walled garden. This is often cited as an argument for greater conspiracies, but it is actually an economic goal of these companies in itself.
The issue is worse since most of the software for touch screen devices is shit, despite the hundreds of App options for different functions they are all equally horrible in doing what they should do.
This is the only thing that using free Software, rooting your Phone/Tablet etc. can be used to fight against, but don’t mistake economic freedom and usability as security.

The third issue and which bounds issue one and two together is the data kraken that is build in almost every software on these devices and partially directly into the hardware of them.
If they collect this data for nefarious means or just out of technological laziness doesn't matter, what matters is that there are only two ways you can deal with this.
The first way is to constantly feed your mobile device with disinformation about your person and practically every little detail this device can record about you should be falsified and tempered with in one way or another.
The second way is to not let your device have any information about you at all, this starts already with little things like saving numbers, contacts or messages on it. Be aware that the solutions used to solve the second issue cannot be used to help you with this and that they will only work as a placebo.

And done, now every newbie that reads this thread is aware of the risks they face and how they can deal with them.

Vanilla Music, NewPipe, Fennec F-Droid, Lightning, RetroArch, VLC, Overchan Forked, Adaway, RetroArch, Termux, Torrent Client from F-Droid, RetroArch, Kodi, Kore, QKSMS

>OMNICHAN

>HEY GUYS! WHAT APPS CAN I ADD TO MY PERSONAL TRACKING DEVICE?!?!

i suggest robinhood app for free stock and futures trades so you can join your gilded betters and cease being a lowly pathetic worthless penniless nigger poorfag.

Attached: 18lro3319hvdhjpg.jpg (320x240, 14.96K)

Skype, iTunes, Google Maps, YouTube
trollface.png

shit, someone beat me to it

Install Gentoo faggots.

Attached: Screenshot_20180803-032740.png (1280x720, 144.85K)

Beautiful. Would be nice getting the special sauce on their kernel spin, i.e all the suplamentary shit they add to make all the chips work (fingerprint scanners etc). How long does an auDN take usually? -e @world must be painful.

Distcc boyo, PC is also Gentoo, compiling small tools doesn't take that long. Gentoo is the coolest destro one can run on a smartphone.

Can you access the telephony at all?

A hammer.

Are there any Android phones with interfaces as clean as iOS's? The only reason I haven't switched is because all Android phones I've tried have annoying confusing menus

What do you mean by this?

Is there any app that allows you to write notes from the lock screen (only can read if unlocked though)

It's more active than this board

The fuck are you supposed to do?
Small talk?

I'm liking silence so far
Try vinyl music player

How do I root a s8+?

I tried firmware.mobi but it has very few 8.1 builds and none that matches my particular model

oh I want to root so I can sandbox some questionable apps

Toggle OEM unlock in developer settings and flash twrp with odin, then flash magisk with twrp recovery, don't know why you're looking for firmware you don't need it to root unless you're trying to update to 8.1

This, I'd rather read mangos and emulate gba games on my phone then talk to normies

Samsung is a bunch of Jews and don't let you unlock the bootloader that easy

You've got to flash a custom kernel

What do if I have smartphone?

Smash the patriarchy

wewlad

Any way to sandbox software without having to root? Or at least feed fake data?

I need to install wechat to get some horizontal vagina and the only options seem to require rooting. And wechat openly states that they spy for the Chinese government

Nope, that's exactly how I rooted my note8

Install apps on your PC in a VM.

lightning browser is garbage m8

That spider app.

You know the one, looks just like a spider web. Apparently you can get it by dropping your phone on a hard surface. It seems to be all the rage nowadays, half of the people I see every day have it installed.

That browser cuckchan shills regularly gets updated once in a blue moon.

Is there any FOSS Dialer/Phone App?

Proof? Or is just tripfagging?

Only the default one that comes with android. Do realise though that communicating over the SIP network is always recorded and monitored and automatically stored as text for future parsing. Just use tox you faggot.

Everyone here should install apps from here (I'm pretty sure everyone here does though)
Replace your preinstalled apps, especially if they're Jewgle apps, with the SimpleMobileTools apps i.e. Simple Gallery, Simple Calendar, Simple Camera, Simple Notes etc. The Slovak who makes them seems pretty cool dude.
P2P file synchronization between devices, love this program to bits.
SSH/SFTP/Other client, not on F-Droid unfortunately.
Survival tips and info.

idk what's with all the fags saying you need an app to use this site on mobile, it's perfectly fine on a mobile browser.

I thought it was a pajeet who made the toolset? Sauce?
First name one unpozzd browser, palemoon and lynx/links. Now name one unpozzed mobile browser that isn't a chrome fork/clone/copycat. It dosen't exist. Now you see why you need a dedicated app. Also stop using a phone you faggot.