Why hasn't any crazy shit happened yet?

You would think in 2018 that cyber terrorism would be more rampant, but nothing seems to be happening, it's really quiet. Why is that?

Attached: 1518738554388.jpg (482x482, 25.23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hackerone.com/intel/hacktivity
erikyyy.de/tempest/
climateviewer.com/2014/01/18/nsa-tempest-attack-can-remotely-view-computer-cellphone-screen-using-radio-waves/
youtu.be/o--FmUXHPKE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Very few happenings, and I thought the year would be insane when it started with those Intel bugs. I'm sure (((events))) will coincide with the U.S. midterm elections... a good old terror attack never fails to spur people to the polling stations and vote right.

lots of people got v& over the past 4 years. Sorry Mr. Infosec nothing to see here.

Intel bugs aren't easy to understand & exploit. They require a very specific knowledge and skills in computer architecture and processor design. Not only that, but a capacity to write a benchmark code/exploit, which is tricky for most programmers. The thing with the Intel bugs, there's no way to detect an infection, so surprises lay ahead in the near future.

Exploits for these vulns are more likely to be deployed by structures with enough ressources & motivation to employ capable individuals or teams.

I think most of them end up being discovered by bug-bounties.
>hackerone.com/intel/hacktivity

all the three-letter glow in the dark agencies are comfy because their leaders haven't ordered many attacks
I keep hearing about attacks on Ukraine, on their energy grid more recently, but otherwise there is no translucent media coverage
the cyber-military-industrial-complex doesn't need any actual visible conflict, just paranoid demands
this is why rogue balkan hackers are still massive threats to all

Some are still unpublished (0-days - hardware) and those are spectacular from what I know and been told.

You're more likely to find exploits of such in cyberwarfare attack units (stuxnet like), and from experience those kinds of infections are always detected - after damage has already been done to a certain extent - late. Only after detection can analysis be performed and the vectors of infection identified and fixed.

Any of you remember TEMPEST for ELIZA?

erikyyy.de/tempest/

climateviewer.com/2014/01/18/nsa-tempest-attack-can-remotely-view-computer-cellphone-screen-using-radio-waves/

Glowniggers being busy covering their asses from the trumpenstorm rather than starting shit?

supporting this

You're basically living in a cyberpunk dystopia without all the cool shit. Crazy shit did happen. You just got used to it.

Because the intelligence agencies ARE the terrorists here. All of the hacking tools are their tools. They're are buying the 0days; they're hiring the best programmer in the world. You don't fuck them, they fuck you any day without you even noticing.

It hasnt yet begun.

youtu.be/o--FmUXHPKE

because we don't have cyberbrains yet

Why are you calling the (((Intel))) backdoors "bugs"? Do you think it's an accident?

Whoevers getting hacked is paying the bribe money rather than dealing with the PR fallout?

I try not to be specific on such matters and leave my opinions aside. Bugs seemed like the word at the moment. Diplomacy habits. I know some are intentional design flaws. But given my experience with architecture design and the dumb Intel engineering models and choices, plus the excruciating painful mediocrity of their teams who come up with shit like KNF, KNC, KNL and other x86 attrocities, bugs are also likely.

Management Engine, that's not a bug. Cache side-channel attacks, that's a security bug.

Just because you don't haer about it, it doesn't mean it isn't going on. If you close your eyes and can't see something, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Amen

A hack that goes undetected is much less likely to result in an anal circumference roll for the hacker.

cyber... terrorism?

aside from that most of the bugs are 'performance improvement' shit. you'll know since 2015 distros are totally way faster than the shit we have now (however there are exceptions on certain architecturs)
you'd get error messages on boot about spectre stuff and its fricking slow

because people are too retarded to know there's tons of critical infrastructure that can be exploited. even cars. any idiot with some reverse engineering ability could find a new vuln like uConnect and cause cars to crash on the highway at 1 million different places in the world at the same time (so they wouldn't have time to patch it)

it's almost like Intel caters to state-level espionage or something

DURRRRRR

HURRRRRRRR

DDURRRRRRRRRRRR

DUURRRRRRRRR

DDURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

HURRRRRRRRRR

DURRRRRR

Lol

We haven't accelerated enough. AGI within 5 years though, screenshot this. 24/7 mind terror coming.