Is suicide a sin?

Jace Campbell
Jace Campbell

Is suicide a sin?

Attached: 1550102444116.gif (47.96 KB, 270x314)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!DpAz2IgQ!nW7bPNnpJFk5CAV3ypiaHw
youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Nicholas Jackson
Nicholas Jackson

this tired and resolved thread again
Please tell me you aren't that insane gnostic again. We already went over this.
obligatory QTDDTOT

Attached: download-(4).jpg (5.33 KB, 266x189)

Michael Long
Michael Long

I have what I think is a pretty good answer from direct Biblical application.
First let's establish that euthanasia is ethically identical to suicide. If suicide is permissible, then enabling someone's suicide is equally fine. In the inverse, if suicide is evil then enabling a suicide is evil.

Saul kills himself in 1 Sam 31.
Then said Saul unto his armourbearer, Draw thy sword, and thrust me through therewith; lest these uncircumcised come and thrust me through, and abuse me. But his armourbearer would not; for he was sore afraid. Therefore Saul took a sword, and fell upon it. And when his armourbearer saw that Saul was dead, he fell likewise upon his sword, and died with him. So Saul died, and his three sons, and his armourbearer, and all his men, that same day together.
This is not presented as a morally good act, just as a mere fact of history. I think it's worth noticing that the armorbearer resists killing Saul.

Later in 2 Sam 1 we learn that his suicide was failed. A "young man" Amalekite comes to David with Saul's things and reports that Saul, Jonathan, and many of the people are dead. David asks him how he knows, and the young man answers:
And the young man that told him said, As I happened by chance upon mount Gilboa, behold, Saul leaned upon his spear; and, lo, the chariots and horsemen followed hard after him. And when he looked behind him, he saw me, and called unto me. And I answered, Here am I. And he said unto me, Who art thou? And I answered him, I am an Amalekite. He said unto me again, Stand, I pray thee, upon me, and slay me: for anguish is come upon me, because my life is yet whole in me. So I stood upon him, and slew him, because I was sure that he could not live after that he was fallen: and I took the crown that was upon his head, and the bracelet that was on his arm, and have brought them hither unto my lord.

The young man kills Saul when he's on the verge of death.
After mourning, David says this:
And David said unto him, How wast thou not afraid to stretch forth thine hand to destroy the LORD'S anointed? And David called one of the young men, and said, Go near, and fall upon him. And he smote him that he died. And David said unto him, Thy blood be upon thy head; for thy mouth hath testified against thee, saying, I have slain the LORD'S anointed.
The young man is executed because he enabled Saul's suicide, even if he was only hastening the death. Somehow, it was also related to the young man being a stranger.

So remember that David is a "man after God's own heart" (Acts 13:22). David refused to harm Saul

I don't see any Biblical reason to conclude that David was acting outside of God's will in this way, and so we can take it as a moral standard to learn from. David has the man killed because he had slain the "Lord's anointed" meaning Saul as King. David himself refused to kill Saul when he had the chances for this same rule: Saul was the Lord's anointed (1 Sam 26 for who can stretch forth his hand against the LORD'S anointed, and be guiltless?)

Now in the NT we're called anointed as Christians
Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee" (2 Corinthians 1:21-22).
I don't see a reason to discriminate between rules about treating the anointed in the OT and the anointed in the NT.

SO in application, euthanasia is bad as determined by David's treatment of it, therefore suicide is bad by transitive relation to euthanasia.

This post made by Southern Baptist gang

Attached: suicide-of-saul.png (1.64 MB, 725x876)

Gabriel Roberts
Gabriel Roberts

practically a one way ticket to hell my man

Attached: DXTfazdUQAE7yUg.jpg (252.27 KB, 700x835)

Jeremiah Nguyen
Jeremiah Nguyen

That commandment is forbidding murder, otherwise soldiers would be breaking it when they defend their countries.
Why do you think so?

Carson Wilson
Carson Wilson

murdering yourself isn't murder

Attached: 0dd450bec09117c262178e2cae0a3a98f4268ab7793d0865b098f26bd694dc55.jpg (46.69 KB, 272x348)

Levi Wilson
Levi Wilson

Murder is unjustified killing. Suicide is a sin, but I don't think it's an unforgivable sin, nor as bad as murder.

Aiden Phillips
Aiden Phillips

How is suicide justified killing?

Jace Garcia
Jace Garcia

How are you supposed to be forgiven if you literally can't confess it to a preist? You are literally murdering yourself. God gave you life and you throw it away like a spoiled child. It's absolutely arrogant to think you are entitled to a suffering free life.
Whatever problems one faces here will only be magnified infinitely when you are burning in the lake of fire for all eternity.

Repent!

Attached: ee788eb436efe391d18d272ab28052e8.jpg (37.42 KB, 600x750)

Gabriel Allen
Gabriel Allen

I'm not saying that it is, but it also is not as bad as murder.

Austin Torres
Austin Torres

So jesus is a sinner lmao inb4 LE JEW DID IT

Jason Rodriguez
Jason Rodriguez

Not everyone will die with a priest at their side. We are forgiven as a result of God's mercy. Suicide is a sin, but it is a forgiveable sin, why do you believe that suicide specifically will result in punishment in hell?

Benjamin Hughes
Benjamin Hughes

What part of you are literally throwing away the gift of life God gave you did you not understand?

Tyler Myers
Tyler Myers

Why does that result in eternal damnation?

Michael Evans
Michael Evans

Why should God, the God of life, Grant you eternal salvation for killing yourself?

Charles Anderson
Charles Anderson

God is the God of life and everything else. Humans are granted eternal life for the same reason that their sins are given, because of God's mercy.

John Gomez
John Gomez

*forgiven

Kevin Allen
Kevin Allen

Yes, God is a god of Mercy but he's also a God of Justice. It would be unjust to save a coward that committed suicide because he couldn't handle the suffering while others on this world work hard to be sinless.

Imagine if you were a school teacher and you had a smart alec punk in your class that refuses to do any work While others work their butts off. You give everyone the same assignment, but the punk refuses to do it and instead rips up the assignment.
So you decide to have mercy on the punk and give him a automatic A plus while all the other students go through with the assignment and be judged accordingly. It would be completely unjust to automatically pass the punk because he refused to do any of the work while everyone else did the work.

Imagine if Job decided to kill himself because God permitted the devil to take everything from him. What kind of example would that be for everyone? It would make God the god of death because suicide would be the easy way out of the suffering God permits in your life.

Imagine if Saint Peter took the coward's way out instead of becoming a martyr.

Imagine if Jesus Took the coward's way out instead of suffering the cross.

The world would not be civilized and instead succumb to idol worship that plagued the world before Jesus.

Easton Nguyen
Easton Nguyen

On top of that suicide only causes more suffering. The people that love that person very much now has to suffer the emotional anguish the coward has caused them. One cannot cause suffering to others and expect to be saved. It's a transgression of the highest order.

Carter Howard
Carter Howard

You do not know what others have suffered, don't be so quick to judge them harshly. People don't go through the same amount of suffering in life. Your analogy could be applied to any other kind of sin, there are people who are less sinful then you and me. You're depression, which can lead to suicide, as something other than the illness it is. It's not as if people who commit suicide especially love death, they commit suicide because of the illness they have.

Eli Rodriguez
Eli Rodriguez

Would you try and justify breaking any of the other 10 commandments?
Look, I know adultery is bad, but you don't really understand his situation. It's totally not his fault that he slept with your wife. It was a sexual emergency.

Adrian Allen
Adrian Allen

Meant for

Connor Rodriguez
Connor Rodriguez

Yes it"s a sin

David Stewart
David Stewart

Because people kill themselves to feel good. I hope bad things happen to you just so you know how it would feel dumb woman normalfag

Jason Fisher
Jason Fisher

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (6.47 KB, 388x159)

Noah Taylor
Noah Taylor

do not self slay ie suicde ie murder

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit