Is suicide a sin?

Is suicide a sin?

Attached: 1550102444116.gif (270x314, 47.96K)

Please tell me you aren't that insane gnostic again. We already went over this.
obligatory QTDDTOT

Attached: download (4).jpg (266x189, 5.33K)

I have what I think is a pretty good answer from direct Biblical application.
First let's establish that euthanasia is ethically identical to suicide. If suicide is permissible, then enabling someone's suicide is equally fine. In the inverse, if suicide is evil then enabling a suicide is evil.

Saul kills himself in 1 Sam 31.
This is not presented as a morally good act, just as a mere fact of history. I think it's worth noticing that the armorbearer resists killing Saul.

Later in 2 Sam 1 we learn that his suicide was failed. A "young man" Amalekite comes to David with Saul's things and reports that Saul, Jonathan, and many of the people are dead. David asks him how he knows, and the young man answers:

The young man kills Saul when he's on the verge of death.
After mourning, David says this:
The young man is executed because he enabled Saul's suicide, even if he was only hastening the death. Somehow, it was also related to the young man being a stranger.

So remember that David is a "man after God's own heart" (Acts 13:22). David refused to harm Saul

I don't see any Biblical reason to conclude that David was acting outside of God's will in this way, and so we can take it as a moral standard to learn from. David has the man killed because he had slain the "Lord's anointed" meaning Saul as King. David himself refused to kill Saul when he had the chances for this same rule: Saul was the Lord's anointed (1 Sam 26 for who can stretch forth his hand against the LORD'S anointed, and be guiltless?)

Now in the NT we're called anointed as Christians
I don't see a reason to discriminate between rules about treating the anointed in the OT and the anointed in the NT.

SO in application, euthanasia is bad as determined by David's treatment of it, therefore suicide is bad by transitive relation to euthanasia.

This post made by Southern Baptist gang

Attached: suicide of saul.png (725x876, 1.64M)

practically a one way ticket to hell my man

Attached: DXTfazdUQAE7yUg.jpg (700x835, 252.27K)

That commandment is forbidding murder, otherwise soldiers would be breaking it when they defend their countries.

Why do you think so?

Attached: 0dd450bec09117c262178e2cae0a3a98f4268ab7793d0865b098f26bd694dc55.jpg (272x348, 46.69K)

Murder is unjustified killing. Suicide is a sin, but I don't think it's an unforgivable sin, nor as bad as murder.

How is suicide justified killing?

How are you supposed to be forgiven if you literally can't confess it to a preist? You are literally murdering yourself. God gave you life and you throw it away like a spoiled child. It's absolutely arrogant to think you are entitled to a suffering free life.
Whatever problems one faces here will only be magnified infinitely when you are burning in the lake of fire for all eternity.

Repent!

Attached: ee788eb436efe391d18d272ab28052e8.jpg (600x750, 37.42K)

I'm not saying that it is, but it also is not as bad as murder.

So jesus is a sinner lmao inb4 LE JEW DID IT

Not everyone will die with a priest at their side. We are forgiven as a result of God's mercy. Suicide is a sin, but it is a forgiveable sin, why do you believe that suicide specifically will result in punishment in hell?

What part of you are literally throwing away the gift of life God gave you did you not understand?

Why does that result in eternal damnation?

Why should God, the God of life, Grant you eternal salvation for killing yourself?

God is the God of life and everything else. Humans are granted eternal life for the same reason that their sins are given, because of God's mercy.

*forgiven

Yes, God is a god of Mercy but he's also a God of Justice. It would be unjust to save a coward that committed suicide because he couldn't handle the suffering while others on this world work hard to be sinless.

Imagine if you were a school teacher and you had a smart alec punk in your class that refuses to do any work While others work their butts off. You give everyone the same assignment, but the punk refuses to do it and instead rips up the assignment.
So you decide to have mercy on the punk and give him a automatic A plus while all the other students go through with the assignment and be judged accordingly. It would be completely unjust to automatically pass the punk because he refused to do any of the work while everyone else did the work.

Imagine if Job decided to kill himself because God permitted the devil to take everything from him. What kind of example would that be for everyone? It would make God the god of death because suicide would be the easy way out of the suffering God permits in your life.

Imagine if Saint Peter took the coward's way out instead of becoming a martyr.

Imagine if Jesus Took the coward's way out instead of suffering the cross.

The world would not be civilized and instead succumb to idol worship that plagued the world before Jesus.

On top of that suicide only causes more suffering. The people that love that person very much now has to suffer the emotional anguish the coward has caused them. One cannot cause suffering to others and expect to be saved. It's a transgression of the highest order.

You do not know what others have suffered, don't be so quick to judge them harshly. People don't go through the same amount of suffering in life. Your analogy could be applied to any other kind of sin, there are people who are less sinful then you and me. You're depression, which can lead to suicide, as something other than the illness it is. It's not as if people who commit suicide especially love death, they commit suicide because of the illness they have.

Would you try and justify breaking any of the other 10 commandments?

Meant for

Yes it"s a sin

Because people kill themselves to feel good. I hope bad things happen to you just so you know how it would feel dumb woman normalfag

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (388x159, 6.47K)

do not self slay ie suicde ie murder