Catholic Church

What do you see when you look at pic related?
Do you see a devoted Christian who follows Jesus?

How can anyone who's serious about Christ be part of this?
Just wondering about the mindset in here.

Attached: Pope.jpg (1306x1862, 350.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.anandtech.com/threads/gold-as-a-
io9.gizmodo.com/the-engineer-who-said-the-ark-of-the-covenant-was-a-gia-1598583115
traditioninaction.org/RevolutionPhotos/A116rcRatzingerSynagogue.htm
nytimes.com/2005/08/20/world/europe/benedict-visits-cologne-synagogue.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invincible_ignorance_(Catholic_theology)
religionfacts.com/judaism/worship
catholicpressphoto.com/servizi/2008-04-18 Synagogue/default.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athanase_Seromba
asianews.it/news-en/Pope-at-Cologne-synagogue,-You-build-bridges-towards-Judaism,-says-Rabbi-3938.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pope Emeritus Benedict XIV

Yes, he's written many good articles about the faith.

Anyone serious about Christ must spurn old men? Last time they did that, they got mauled by bears.

I find it quite interesting when Protestants have this very Judas like attitude where they are so offended at people glorifying God in an appropriate manner.

That woman who poured the expensive perfume on Christ was a more devoted follower than those who criticized her for not selling it and giving the proceeds to the poor. The lesson here is that glorifying God is never inappropriate and you criticize the Church for doing the same thing as this woman who Christ defended.

spbp. Remember that in the time of the old covenant the Temple and the Ark were commanded by God to be wrought of gold for his. Men are drawn to the faith through beauty in art just as they are drawn in beauty through spirit.

Attached: priestly-vestments.jpg (495x640, 104.39K)

I don't get your point. What in this picture shows or implies that this person is not a devoted Christian who follows Jesus?

I'm starting to be really worn out by all the shitposting here.

Antichristus

Think of it this way, the church is gta, you insert a memory card and you now have a big mansion and a garage full of cars. This is our timeline, deal with it.

Matthew 19:24

Yes Indeed, the shining rich man attracts the people with his gold and shiny things, not for what he does.
The literal Snake, but who am I talking to here anyway

I see

Solomon's Temple was literally the most ornate and opulent building in the Levant. If God wasn't concerned with these things He would've had them stick the commandments in a wooden box instead of the Ark made of gold and decorated with Cherubim.

Do you guys ever get sick of being wrong?

Attached: 77693665-the-ark-of-the-covenant-jewish-religious-symbol.jpg (1300x866, 159.1K)

Attached: this.jpg (494x531, 155.85K)

That Logic

That Logic

He is a rich Man living in a Palace, there is no way around that.
I know it's not convenient, but do you want to skip what Jesus said because you don't like it?

Oh I'm so wrong, now I better go and start praying to the old man in Gold.
thank you so much for sharing your wisdom

the reprobate will be chaff in the flame, don't revile Christ's Church like satan

that's not the logic behind the Pope dressing ornately, the Church has existed for over 2,000 years, trying to spin some pseudo-pauper look to it when it has followed its own development of garb is silly

of course, you are illogical, so it does not occur to you.

God's pretty explicit about Temple worship; the Temple itself is a work of exquisite beauty, and so much more the Ark.

God Himself gave us very specific instructions on how opulent it was all to be. I also do not recall Christ rebuking the Temple itself, just the men inside for being hypocrites.

I see the Whore of Babylon's head, like usual

This board is full of winnie the pooh Catholic cucks I'm out lmao

Just like with Bergoglio and Wojtyła I see a man who made concessions and overtures to pagans and heathens instead of resolutely declaring that there is only one path- Christ.

This. I'm a Catholic, but there is absolutely no way BXVI is going to Heaven. He is an outright apostate. He worships in synagogues. He thinks people are saved through good works and not through Jesus Christ.

What are you getting at? Are you attacking the clothing he is wearing?

Remember that time Jesus condemned the Pharisees for being hypocrites who loved to wear long flowing robes in the marketplace?

Are you not the least bit suspicious of someone who chooses to put on long flowing robes and parade himself around in front of people?

whoah…

Catholicism is pure evil. Anyone who positions ones self in place of god is purely anti-christ. How can followers of the Catholic faith accept this kind of worship? God is universal.

I'm inclined to agree with you but then how do you reconcile the canonization of JPII for example? He was the king of this stuff. JPII BXVI and Berg are all identical, they're one pontificate (PVI too). Right now I feel like I'm in the Avignon days. I think there will be divine intervention soon.

Can't handle people expressing views different to yours?

Attached: NPC.jpg (636x773, 25.91K)

something like this

Attached: poepe.png (3238x1892, 4.93M)

Looks better than an American in a business suit tbh

MOM'S GONNA FREAK

Attached: tabot.jpg (1024x683, 620.94K)

NOOOOO YOU HAVE TO WAR A SUIT AND DO STAND UP COMMEDY AND DANCING OR IT'S NOT REAL CHRISTIAN WORSHIP

I honestly don't know how JPII's canonization can possibly be valid. I think that sometime in the future we will discover that a lot of these modern canonization were lacking some essential element to be ex cathedra and thus were not infallible.

Where did sola scriptura go?

How can people like this be Christian. Everyone knows you have to be homeless person wearing a moving blanket to be trew Christian TM

Attached: Evangelical Boomers.jpg (900x600, 354.41K)

I don't even get it, what is the argument here? Can you explain?

The Temple was supposed to be holy too, should we stop making sure our churches are holy because its destruction was prophesied?

forums.anandtech.com/threads/gold-as-a-
>io9.gizmodo.com/the-engineer-who-said-the-ark-of-the-covenant-was-a-gia-1598583115

this but unironically tbh.

When will the "le Jesus only no religion" meme end?
I'm tired of this particular species of protestant.

I see past his clothes. I see what that person represents. His mission, as a man, is short in time, but his mission in his capacity as the successor of the principal apostle will last for eternity as Christ had, has, and does promise.

Attached: 4fb78a4c10fa28e200ecdddcd6fc51dbca97acbcb09a1da6928f08e8aa5beecfd.jpg (500x500, 30.73K)

/FRINGE/ PLS GO

Ignorant lies, winnie the pooh off, slanderer.

Friendly Reminder: Pope St. John Paul II is in heaven and there is nothing you can do about it.

this is gravely sinful, joking or not

What about Teresa of Calcutta

She has been recognised by the Church as a Saint.

Pointing out that apostates go to hell is not "sinful," anymore than stating any of the other unchanging teachings of the Church is sinful.

Benedict XVI, God and the World, 2000, p. 209:

Has he ever publically repented of this blasphemy? No? Then he is going to hell, period.

BTW here is actual photographic evidence of BXVI worshipping in a synagogue.

Attached: BenedictXVIinsynagogue.jpg (716x531, 73.48K)

Do you believe that she's really in heaven given her beliefs?

Funny, doesn't look like he's kneeling or praying. Looks like he's just sitting there to me.

So you believe it's okay to participate in the ceremonies of false religions as long as you aren't "kneeling or praying?" Just so we're clear.

And in case you haven't noticed, every other worshipper there is also sitting, not kneeling. He allows himself to be put in a place of honour and implicitly endorse the proceedings by his presence.

As the Bible tells us, all those who do not worship Jesus are worshipping Satan. Are you defending BXVI participating in and endorsing a devil-worshipping ceremony?

Here is another picture of BXVI at a synagogue, this time reverently handling a holy item of a false religion.

Attached: 2008-04-18 Synagogue 08.jpg (425x262, 57.38K)

More fun apostasy with Benedict XVI:

Benedict XVI, Address to Chief Rabbi of Rome, Jan. 16, 2006:

Benedict XVI offered "heartfelt good wishes" for the "mission" of the priest of a false religion. Unless he has ever publicly repented of this, he is going to hell.

Benedict XVI, Address to Protestants at World Youth Day, August 19, 2005:

Benedict XVI told a group of people that they should not convert to Catholicism. Unless he has ever publicly repented of this, he is going to hell.

Sure. He was invited and is attending either a conference or perhaps a Sabbath service (you actually haven't made it clear which). As a Catholic, as long as he does not partake in the actual worship service nor skips obligatory Mass to do so, he's just there in the capacity of an honored guest.

The Catholic Church does not actually have a history of persecuting Jews, believe or not.

Is it an actual Sabbath service or a conference? The seated Jews do not look like lay-people.

which is? be more specific, friend. you are making very serious accusations that would reflect badly upon you if you cannot back it up.

guilty of what?

what's wrong with what he's saying here? it's very out-of-context.

Where? When? It's not evident from any of these quotes.

Ah. Ok. "publicly" repented. I did not know you had the ability to pass Judgement like Jesus Christ.

Repentance begins in the confessional, do you not know this?

So why do practically all Protestant ministers and priests wear business suits?>>773681
Not always no.

Attached: jesuspreaching.jpg (2560x1600, 621.5K)

Explain this

If this isn't apostasy, what is?

The Catholic Church has a long history of not endorsing false religions you absolute nitwit. Do you realize that before 1986 not a single Pope had EVER visited a synagogue? You think maybe there's a reason for that?

By the way, it absolutely is a sin to attend any kind of ceremony of a false religion. It doesn't matter in what capacity.

??? Why would it matter?

Hello? Why would it matter which item it is? Reverencing any religious article of any false religion is sinful.

Guilty of (1) participating in the worship of Satan through the false religion of Judaism and (2) being a false prophet by endorsing the false religion of Judaism.

He explicitly tells his audience that they should not reject the false religion of their ancestors lol. How could you even need this explained to you? Imagine if the apostle Paul had told the Greeks that they didn't need to "reject their own faith history."

He told them not to reject false religion, i.e., not to become Catholic.

A public figure in the Church has to publically repent before they can be reconciled to the Church. This is consistent throughout Church history. Otherwise heresy would continue to lead people astray even after the heretic repented.

let me read it back to you

Since the Jews are ignorant of Christ, they deny Him, they have been taught in methods of OT they are still messianic and still a mystery (talmudic). He's just saying they are not automatically excommunicado-avocado-eternally damned, they need to be convinced.

Apostasy is denying Jesus Christ when you are a baptized Christian. You don't get to decide what apostasy is.

The Catholic Church hasn't "endorsed" any religion, friend.

Re-read what you just said, friend. If it's a sin to attend a religious service, it would obviously therefore be very important if he was actually seated at a conference or a religion service in the first place. Right?

Of course it matters, because if you are wrong, you yourself are guilty of reviling, gossip, and a lie. So what is the item?

Benedict did neither.

He's saying Protestant converts shouldn't come into the religion with the automatic assumption that all their protestant families are auto-damned. Which isn't that crazy, being that the Church recognizes invincible ignorance. You haven't met a protestant outside of the Church whose faith seems genuine, yet, appears to be out of it due to no fault of their own? Maybe you don't get out much!

You're putting words into his mouth.

A lay-man has no authority to proclaim if a Pope is in need of repentance, if you're really pushing traditional precedence, friend.

He literally says the OT doesn't clearly point to Christ. JESUS HIMSELF SAID THE OT CLEARLY POINTS TO HIM. IF YOU DENY THAT THEN YOU IMPLICITLY DENY CHRIST.

What the hell are you even talking about here. Are you claiming the Catholic Church doesn't claim that Catholicism is true? Do you know what the word "endorsed" means?

By "conference" I assumed you were talking about some different kind of religious service. Yes, this is a religious service, not some kind of secular academic conference. Are you literally retarded? Why would there be a conference held inside a synagogue?

IT LITERALLY DOESN'T MATTER WHICH RELIGIOUS ITEM IT IS, THEY ARE ALL SINFUL. CAN YOU GET THIS THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL OR WHAT?

He did both as I have already clearly showed you.

This is heresy. No Protestant is "invincibly ignorant," that's not what invincible ignorance means.

No, this is what he told his audience.

lol
A layman has no authority to demand anything, it doesn't mean a layman isn't allowed to point out the obvious truth about an apostate priest.

Jews who reject Christ are damned. Jews who do not reject Christ are not damned. There is NO SUCH THING as a "perfectly good reason" to believe that the Old Testament does not point toward Christ. If the Old Testament does not point toward Christ then Christianity is simply wrong. The "dispute" between Jews and Christians is a conflict between those who are wrong and those who are right, not between "two equally valid points of view".

BTW, here is an article about that specific synagogue visit (surprise, he did more than one):

traditioninaction.org/RevolutionPhotos/A116rcRatzingerSynagogue.htm

He literally participated in a Jewish act of worship. Meanwhile, how many early Christians were martyred because they refused to participate in acts of worship of the false Roman religion? This is textbook apostasy.

And it's true. I had to be educated in the faith and know the Gospels before I read the Old Testament, and now clearly affirm that it all attests to the prefiguration and type of Jesus Christ, His Mother, and His Church.

The Jews are people who have not made this leap, nor have they been educated in the truth, and stand in need to be educated. Hence, why it is a point of contention between Jew and Christian.

I think you're too hasty to appear legitimate, especially when you are lambasting a Pope. Sede, right?

OK, then show me a link. No, I don't think it's strange that the main room is used for a conference.

When you make an accusation, it's on you to have to prove it. Typing in all-caps is not sufficient.

He did neither, nor did you demonstrate either apostasy or heresy.

Then what does it mean? The reformation was 500 years ago, do you deny the possibility that not all protestants are aware of the status of the True Church because of the tides of history?

The spirit of Schism and arrogance is strong in you.

Nobody is damned until Christ rejects them at judgement. In the meantime, it is our responsibility to evangelize them. If they were already damned, it would deny both Scriptures, Christ's authority of judgement, and would remove all need of witnessing.

Are you a Calvinist?

There is, if you have had nobody to preach the Word of Christ to you in the first place. Then, there begins the need to witness.

schismatic site, nice

little to no information, just a whiny paragraph too, nice

from NYT - which, amusing, is more reliable than this website:

"Pope Benedict XVI, who at 16 was drafted into the German Army during World War II, visited a synagogue Friday"

oh ok. Jews worship on Saturday right? If he visited on Friday, then he did not in fact attend a jewish sabbath.

got anything else, schismatics?

in the interest of fairness, here is the NYT article:

nytimes.com/2005/08/20/world/europe/benedict-visits-cologne-synagogue.html

There you go buddy. European Jewish Press.

You are a heretic.

Dodging the question + ad hominen. lol

What the hell are you trying to get at here? Are you denying that what they are holding up together is a religious item?

He participated in a Jewish act of worship. No different than bowing down to a statue of the Emperor. Apostasy. He implicitly endorsed the false religion of Judaism by visiting a synagogue, sitting in a seat of honour, and participating in their devil-worship. False prophet.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invincible_ignorance_(Catholic_theology)

It is literally impossible to be a Protestant and to be invincibly ignorant. The way you are using that term, it almost sounds like you don't believe in missionary work or preaching the gospel at all.

I'll let Christ decide.

I dodged no question, just grand-standing that is all too easily ignored.

I keep asking you what the item is, and I'm very curious why you cannot give me an answer.

He didn't. It was on a Friday, the Jews worship on Saturday.

Most Protestants don't even know what they protest, really.

Obviously. That isn't the issue, the problem is that Benedict, rather than teaching the Jews, talked to them about Judaism as though they were scholarly peers who had an equally valid rival interpretation.

Agreed.

Which is another topic entirely, but we must surely agree it is not worth a serious charge of apostasy, or heresy.

Praying in a synagogue with Jews is apostasy if burning incense to Caesar is apostasy.

Apostasy is denying Christ, Benedict did not do it. Nor did he attend a Christ-denying Saturday service, as I'm sure he made a point to.

No.
religionfacts.com/judaism/worship

I mean really. You don't even have the first clue what you are talking about.

Pride.

I call out your idiot comment and your response is that I'm "grandstanding." Why don't you just admit that you said something dumb? Pride.

>catholicpressphoto.com/servizi/2008-04-18 Synagogue/default.htm

Surely now you will accept that BXVI was in the wrong?

See above. You are an idiot.

Now you're just trying to dodge the fact that you were called out on not knowing what invincible ignorance is. I mean lol. If even Protestants were invincibly ignorant then Catholics would be the only people going to hell, like some twisted perverse false gospel. Oh wait, that's probably what you preach.

Praying in a temple built to house those who reject Christ, praying with people who reject Christ to a God that is not Christ is an act of apostasy. If I were to go down to my local mosque and pray to Allah tomorrow, would that action not constitute apostasy?

OK buddy. Once again, Shabbat services begin on Friday. Also, the early martyrs were asked only to participate in the Roman worship ceremonies, not to deny Christ. But here's the thing. Participating in the ceremonies of false religion implicitly denies Christ. Early Christians who participated in the public Emperor-worship were considered apostates.

Your move.

The Catholic church is evil and I really don't believe it's possible to be a moral person while affiliated with it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athanase_Seromba

Says a schismatic, a pseudo-catholic. Pope Benedict XVI has never once renounced the True Faith.

“Distinguished Chief Rabbi, you were recently entrusted with the spiritual guidance of Rome’s Jewish Community; you have taken on this responsibility enriched by your experience as a scholar and a doctor who has shared in the joys and sufferings of a great many people. I offer you my heartfelt good wishes for your mission, and I assure you of my own and my collaborators’ cordial esteem and friendship.”

“And we now ask: What does it mean to restore the unity of all Christians?… this unity does not mean what could be called ecumenism of the return: that is, to deny and to reject one’s own faith history. Absolutely not!”

Ah, isn’t this funny. You’ve ripped this out of the MostMemeMonastery, didn’t you? You don’t actually own the book, do you? And just like them you provide no context, no preceding paragraph, you do not provide the question asked by Mr. Seewald, you do not provide anything. Just like MostMemeMonastery, you won’t provide anything, you winnie the pooh parrot. This is certainly the case with the other quotes above. As Jesus Christ said, ‘Get thee behind me, Satan!’ for, just like Satan twisted Scriptures, you twist the words of pious men. Your devilish behaviour speaks for itself.

Attached: A5FC2AB2-1CDA-4273-81BC-C99DF4842243.jpeg (1380x940, 128.38K)

He didn’t participate in any ceremonies of Judaism. At most he observed them, then gave a speech encouraging dialogue, love and respect. He writes in his address, ‘Consequently, I would encourage sincere and trustful dialogue between Jews and Christians, for only in this way will it be possible to arrive at a shared interpretation of disputed historical questions, and, above all, to make progress towards a theological evaluation of the relationship between Judaism and Christianity.
This dialogue, if it is to be sincere, must not gloss over or underestimate the existing differences:  in those areas in which, due to our profound convictions in faith, we diverge, and indeed, precisely in those areas, we need to show respect and love for one another.’ (ADDRESS OF HIS HOLINESS POPE BENEDICT XVI, 19 April, 2005) And, of course, we know the holy man’s position, that Judaism is wrong and that the Catholic Church is the Truth, and that outside of it there is no salvation.

Is the Rabbi praying? What is he doing in that particular image? Of course, you won’t provide an answer besides what you’ve already said. You’re trying your real best to make Pope Benedict XVI out to be a heretic for being sitting respectfully. You cannot do anything but scream and shout because you cannot evidence your accusations.

Where does it say this in the Bible?

The Jews do not worship the Devil, you dunce. They worship the God of Abraham, Moses, Isaac and Jacob, and that is obvious to any honest person. Being misled by the Devil, into the Devil’s hands, to deny the Trinity, the Church, and Christ’s divinity is not the same thing. You know what else leads into the Devils embrace? Sedevacantism. Winnie the pooh off!

Furthermore, why is it that the Jews are said to worship Satan but the Muslims are said to worship God? Of course, both the Jews and Muslims worship inadmissible, in fact damning, conceptions of God, not worshiping in truth, denying Christ and the Trinity, but they nonetheless believe their prayers are directed towards the God of Abraham. Pope St. Gregory VII writes, ‘*…we believe in and confess the same God, although by different modes (licet diverso modo), that we praise and venerate each day the Creator of the ages and master of this world.*’ (St. Gregory VII, Letter III, 21 to Anazir (Al-Nasir), King of Mauretania PL, 148. 451A)

It’s a seder plate, what reason would he have to destroy it? He did nothing wrong in accepting a gift.

Do you believe that she's really in heaven given her beliefs?

As a Saint and faithful Catholic of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church, yes she is in heaven. Can the Church declare Sainthood in your pseudo-catholicism, or can it decanonise at a whim?

This image does not show him worshipping anything, you gigantic sedememe. He is sitting still off to the side, listening to the Rabbi. It was the 60th anniversary of the liberation of the Nazi concentration camps, for which the synagogue, which was destroyed during the Kristallnacht, 9-10 November, 1938, and saw saw 11,000 dead, was renovated. As far as I could tell, it was a memorial. No other source but traditioninaction, a website notorious for immense stupidity (read: sedevacantism), said he worshipped at the synagogue in Cologne. Not the New York Times, not NPR, not the BBC, not the Catholic News Agency, not EWTN, no footage, not AsiaNews, said or showed that Pope Benedict XVI worshipped in the synagogue. Only traditioninaction. The liars, the slanderers, the scoundrels; and you are a liar, a slanderer and a scoundrel like them for accusing the Pope Emeritus. Humble yourself!

This is AsiaNews account:

asianews.it/news-en/Pope-at-Cologne-synagogue,-You-build-bridges-towards-Judaism,-says-Rabbi-3938.html

You don’t realise how stupid sedes are until you actually talk to them, jeez louis.

What kind of a shit post is this? Do you even know who Benedict XVI is and what he's done?

Based

My church doesn't make declarations.
I think we can categorically say "no", teresa of calcutta is not in heaven. She did not believe the Christian gospel, and wasn't even a theist in the end of her life.