Why does she so easily trigger prots?

Why does she so easily trigger prots?

Attached: immaculate_conception_dogma_01.jpg (249x379, 23.41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

carm.org/catholic/roman-catholicism-mary-compare-god
biblehub.com/library/bounds/prayer_and_praying_men/i_praying_saints_of_the.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why does this so easily trigger Catholics?

Attached: 1FFFFEFD-0BD9-4FAC-8530-C4C60CA32D37.jpeg (1200x627, 100.57K)

Fpbp

Because satan attacks Jesus through Mary, and anyone that disrespects Jesus' mother disrespects Jesus. Espically ones that call her a sinner.

Pray for the bible-idolaters, OP. Pray for them and hope they can learn to follow God's commandments.

Attached: IMG_7969.jpg (640x640, 138.96K)

Having doubts about some of the church father's claims doesn't make it a satanic attack. I'm not "triggered" by Mary at all. I'm triggered by bothers who claim that I'm going to hell for not wearing a specific scapular, or praying a specific prayer a specific number of times, or any of these things that Christ and Paul never brought up in scripture.

Attached: sola scriptura heresy.png (500x696, 239.86K)

Us as in the apostolic tradition, not the traditions of a man named Luther. Sola Scriptura is an unbiblical heresy that has only shattered Christendom into thousands of denoms.

And just because you don't know you are doing the bidding of satan by disrespecting Mary, the Queen of Heaven, doesn't mean it isn't satanic in nature. For the devil is a trickster and a liar.

The fact of the matter is that God is our adopted Father and Mary is our adopted Mother. For we are all one in the body of Christ.

Attached: 24122_891334.jpg (492x600, 102.35K)

It would make any devout Christian upset to see the Word of God butchered by man to suit his own purposes. I read from an unmolested Bible instead.

No Catholic believes the Bible is heresy. There's not one Protestant who follows everything the Word commands of us anyway, since Protestants follow whatever their favorite Protestant celebrities (e.g. Anderson) or Protestant church has to say about the Bible, and we all know those celebrities and churches cherrypick scripture they like while ignoring the rest… and if you decide "I'll simply not attend a church and read the Bible for myself", then you refuse to be part of the Christian community and are in disagreement with the Bible as well.

We're triggered not by Mary herself, nor hate or dislike her, as the old thought terminating cliche' goes. We are triggered by the fact that such "traditions", that are supposedly on the same level as scripture, have over time, at best, turned her into a distraction from the direct relationship between man and God, that Jesus died on the cross for in the first place, because he is merciful and loving God who wanted this for us, in spite of us not even being worthy of it. At worst, she has been turned into a goddess that is worshiped on the same level as God, with mental gymnastics (i.e. "God-like aspects attributed to her in Marion prayers are just expressions of what we get through God when she prays for us.") and weasel words like "veneration" and "hyperdulia" to smooth over this inconvenient truth. It looks like a duck, and very much quacks like a duck:

carm.org/catholic/roman-catholicism-mary-compare-god

And the closest thing to such veneration to her found in the 1st century AD is a painting on a wall of her between Peter and Paul (along with some verses from scripture stretched to their breaking point to support Catholic and Orthodox doctrine on Mary.) Ancestor/hero worship is common to paganism, and paganism the default state of human behavior. And considering how many heresies were already running amok in the 1st century, the questionable motivations of Constantine in the 3rd century, along with the behavior of regions supposedly converted to "Christianity" years later (i.e. Latin America), a resurfacing of goddess worship and paganism isn't that hard to deduce, especially considering its fruits.

And not just in Mary either. Just as pagans had a patron god of a profession, or of an aspect of human life, so you have the same with saints. Sometimes to the point of actual pagan gods being re-appropriated as saints

In light of this, the level of projection implied by this defensive counter meme:

Is both darkly comical, and tragic at the same time. God help us all.

Are you referring to the images you drew that you worship? It doesn't upset me any less than any of the other idolatry I see happening.

Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake.
Wherefore should the heathen say, Where is now their God?
But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.
Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.
They have mouths, but they speak not: eyes have they, but they see not:
They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell not:
They have hands, but they handle not: feet have they, but they walk not: neither speak they through their throat.
They that make them are like unto them; so is every one that trusteth in them.
- Psalm 115:1-8

For the n-th time, no one worships the Blessed Virgin Mary!

Asking someone to pray for you is not worship. If you unironically believe asking someone to pray for you is worship, never ask any of us or anyone you know to pray for you ever again!

Attached: hqdefault (4).jpg (480x360, 23.35K)

Yes that's true. They worship their images that they drew.

And, behold, here cometh a chariot of men, with a couple of horsemen. And he answered and said, Babylon is fallen, is fallen; and all the graven images of her gods he hath broken unto the ground.
- Isaiah 21:9

Declare ye among the nations, and publish, and set up a standard; publish, and conceal not: say, Babylon is taken, Bel is confounded, Merodach is broken in pieces; her idols are confounded, her images are broken in pieces.
- Jeremiah 50:2

The idols of the heathen are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.
They have mouths, but they speak not; eyes have they, but they see not;
They have ears, but they hear not; neither is there any breath in their mouths.
They that make them are like unto them: so is every one that trusteth in them.
-Psalm 135:15-18

And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.
- Revelation 18:21

Oh sorry wrong post, you must have deleted it. I meant to reply to this one.

1 Kings 18:27-28
And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked.
And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them.

Isaiah 65:2-3
I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts;
A people that provoketh me to anger continually to my face; that sacrificeth in gardens, and burneth incense upon altars of brick;

Scripture tells us to love mary as well, Wake up Prots.

We like her because she is the mother of Christ. But Cathodox take it too far:
Luke 11:27-28

Isaiah is speaking of pagans, and generally speaking, it's nonsense to think this applies to the Apostolic Mass.

There's no taking it too far, Mary is the Queen of Saints. Veneration of Mary is the explicit recognition that Jesus Christ is the Messiah; veneration of Mary is implicit in the worship of Jesus Christ.

This is why Protestants trip up over the hypostatic union and why people like Anderson keep churning out Arians.

You do realize the apostle Luke painted a picture of Our Lady, proving that, going back to the time of the apostles, every Christian had a devotational view of her? Thomas carried this particular painting all the way to India.
How so? Think about the fact that Gabriel, an Archangel, who had spent thousands of years in Heaven, could not help but exclaim "Hail, full of grace" to a human. And that Elizabeth calls her the "mother of my Lord"–this is exactly we call her Mother of God. And I'll point out that the Hail Mary is structured exactly like the Our Father.

Attached: ladybyluke.jpg (325x460, 38.46K)

Protgressives despise beauty and all things good.

Because whenever I state that I only pray to God and not humans I get called a godless satanist by the board

Maybe you get called a Godless satanist because you are a protestant heretic that thinks we can't pray with our saintly family in heaven or ask them to pray for us.
Maybe you get called a satanist because you disrespect Jesus' mother and call her a sinner.
Maybe you get called a satanist because you lie and say apostolics worship The Blessed Virgin, when we don't.
Abandon your unbiblical heresies and maybe people won't call you a satanist.
Just a thought

Attached: saint-nicholas-orthodox-icon-008985__50149.1521210913.500.659.jpg (342x500, 91.69K)

I'm sure she was a fine woman, but she was a sinner just like you and me. She was a human, stop acting like she's a goddess.

She isn’t a goddess, but she is the Mother of God, and that’s a dignity far beyond anything we can claim. You Protestants believe in predestination, don’t you? Who could be more predestined than the Mother of God?

Got any Scriptural evidence to back that up?

Matthew 12:46-50

And do you have any evidence to claim she was sinless? If she was, she would have been sufficient as a sacrifice for humanity's sin and God wouldn't have needed to come down here and do it Himself.

This is heresy of the highest order and not even the most vehemently anti-Catholic Protestants believe it to be the case. The sufficient price to restore man's relationship with God was the willing sacrifice Of God the Son Himself on the cross. Mary, though sinless, would not have been a sufficient sacrifice.

Rather, it required a sinless sacrifice, an unblemished lamb. Humanity is incapable of being sinless. Mary could not serve as a sacrifice because she was a human, one with sin.

What? What has that got to do with it? How do you twist Our Lord’s words in that scripture to mean that He said His mother sinned?

Are you implying that Jesus wasn’t human?

It's plainly stating that her supposed divine status as the Holy Mother is fabricated by man.

And what do you think is the reason why Jesus was the only one fit to die on the cross?

Attached: 1518850072618.jpg (306x306, 19.81K)

Jesus was both human and God. Mary was only human.

Whore of Babylon.

Speaking to spirits in heaven is literally divination.
Spiritually, yes, but you agree the resurrection has not occurred yet, correct? They're still spirits.
You're trying to get a spirit to do something for you.
You're a diviner. A sorcerer.

And you wonder why you prots get no respect around here.

Attached: Christ-detail-Christ-Cleansing-the-Temple-Carl-Heinrich-Bloch-1875.jpg (1205x1245, 233.22K)

People like you remind me why I hate Protties so much. I hope the mods ban you. Go back to >>>/christianity/ because no one wants your Satanic Protestant blasphemy on here. I don't even consider Protestants Christians tbqh because you follow Satan, not Christ.

I'm not even Protestant. Why do you insist on calling everyone who disagrees with you a Protestant?
Can you just address what I said?

This is quite literally not an argument, you're just throwing a tantrum and hoping that someone else shuts down opposition.

seething

No one is putting Mary on the same level of God, prot.
Try reading the Bible and learning greek for once in your life.
Comes to mind
biblehub.com/library/bounds/prayer_and_praying_men/i_praying_saints_of_the.htm

Attached: greatcloud.jpg (700x471, 153.35K)

Considering Paul writes to the saints of the churches, it seems like saint is anyone who is regenerate in Christ Jesus. Not a special person (who is a spirit) to be asked to pray for you.

You know what? I really do hope someone shuts Protties down. They are heretics who love Satan. Luckily the mods are on my side and I am hoping, praying, that they ban them all. We have Christ on our side because he founded our Church, not some loser monk 1500 years later.

Ah, I see what you are doing. Godspeed.

Galatians 3:22
But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Romans 4:13-14
For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

That's what the idols really are. Not to be confused with anyone in scripture, of course.

Isaiah 2:18
And the idols he shall utterly abolish.

???

This is not a Mary thread, this is an idol thread, which is what the OP posted here.

Attached: a08af2adf4470ed80c4eb4530122ff4484df07aaf13b0d18c34e660064cfb0c2.jpg (968x1044, 232.27K)

Did you even read The verse I gave you?

St. Paul is clearly talking about the saints in heaven.

Why does Paul write to the saints in the churches?

now THAT is a slanted translation.
That argument doesn't follow because the Greek doesn't give that image.

perikeimenon
Strong's 4029: perikeimai
Definition: to lie around
Usage: I lie about, surround; I am encompassed, surrounded, or clothed with, am in submission to.

Attached: Screenshot_20190405-203432_Bible Hub.jpg (810x3637, 1.32M)

Because he's trying to teach us here on Earth what it means to be part of God's family up in heaven. For we are all one body in Jesus Christ. A body that transcends Earth and Heaven, connecting the two through Him.

That's why Jesus tells St Peter what you bind and loose down here on Earth will be bound and loose up in heaven.

How about you just, for once in the history of this board, give some actual scriptural proof of Mary's divinity?

Or.. or… if you have any reading comprehension at all, you would see that "saint"=someone righteous, and that faith makes someone righteous, so a saint is someone with faith.
That would take reading comprehension though.

Hebrews 12 verse 1 is written right after he just got done listing a great number of witnesses of faith in chapter 11. In particular,

By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
- Hebrews 11:4

The cloud of witnesses is all the people in the word of God who witness to the things of faith, as denoted throughout Hebrews 11, as Hebrews 11 gets into. And he says in Hebrews 11:32 that time would fail him to mention them all. The word of God contains these witnesses. So you are clearly using this out of context, Hebrews 12:1 isn't about omnipresent spirit beings that we pray to. Psalm 65:2 calls God by name the One who hears prayer. Why are you taking that title away from Him?

Also why are we bringing this new topic up in an explicit idolatry thread?

Imagine my shock. The only translation to put it this way is the ideologue Catholic one.

I wonder how many Catholics are in error for other deliberate mistranslations?

Attached: Screenshot_20190405-204726_Bromite.jpg (1076x605, 209.51K)

Protestants blatantly mistranslate Luke 1:28.

Prove it

One I can think of off the top of my head is genesis 3:15.
Catholic translation:
The original Hebrew:
Note that it uses the male pronoun in "he shall bruise your head". The catholic dogma surrounding Mary comes in part from this passage, and their douay rheims translation erroneously saying "she shall crush thy head". They take "she" in this passage to be Mary, the seed of Eve, because their Bible switched the gender of the person crushing the head of Satan (for whatever reason). The Hebrew clearly says this person is male, and Jesus is the male descendant of Eve who will crush Satan, not Mary.

Attached: Screenshot_20190405-220701_Firefox.jpg (1281x1392, 411.25K)

False. If you look at the difference between KJV and DR translations, you'll see the word they disagree on is the Greek word κεχαριτωμένη. According to Strong's concordance, the definition of the root word, χαριτόω, is
And its usage is

Mary worship is a sin. She may have been a great lil gal, but she was just a woman. The "veneration" (idolatry) of saints or angels is a sin. God has clearly and repeatedly warned against worship of the host of heaven
Deuteronomy 17:2-3
" 2 "If there is found among you, within any of your gates which the Lord your God gives you, a man or a woman who has been wicked in the sight of the Lord your God, in transgressing His covenant,
3 who has gone and served other gods and worshiped them, either the sun or moon or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded"

Great examples of why the writing of Paul, and Paul himself are suspect. He was a pharisee teaching the traditions of men to Christians. The talmud and the satanic religion of the jews is allegedly oral traditions passed down by Moses. A pharisee continuing that practice isn't to be trusted
True. Bible idolatry is still idolatry
No she isn't. She's just a woman.

How do you know?
Nonsense. It's a lie that the body of Christ and the churches are the same thing.
No it isn't. The bible is neither the complete nor the infallible word of God. Alleging that it is is nothing but idolatry. The words of God are written in thye fabric of reality. It's arrogant beyond measure for men to believe that a book they wrote is capable of the purity, infallibility, and completeness of God. The idea is beyond stupid and the only reason people don't laugh at the suggestion is that that lie has been told so many times in our history

Venerate- worship, potAYto-potAHto. Quit hiding behind semantics and just admit you're a polytheist>>792784

This papist is so delusional that he take it too far in the sentence that he protests that he doesn't take it too far. The Catholics have turned Mary into Lillith, Ishtar, or Ashtoreth. Not surprising since those pagan Gods are who their cardinals and pope secretly worship in their private rooms beneath St. Peters Basilica. Just like the Jews before them the Catholics have one religion they proclaim above ground in the day and another they practice under the temple in the night.

No, I realize that a church that practices child rape on an industrial scale makes that claim. But why should I grant any validity to luciferian child rapists?
Your pope has tricked you into worshiping all the host of heaven, as God specifically forbid all throughout the bible. This is what you get when you follow people you know to be child rapists and homosexuals

Yes you do. Don't expect the non-brainwashed to pretend there's a difference between "veneration" and worship. You worship demons and you give them titles gleaned from the bible.

Typical. Catholics are so warped by their satanic clergy that they don't even understand the most basic principles of Christianity. If Mary was sinless then Mary would have proven that it is possible for men to be sinless. If men can be sinless before God then there was no point in Jesus dying on the cross. Jesus was crucified because it is an impossibility for man to be sinless before God by his own power. In claiming Mary to be sinless, you are claiming Mary was more than a human, that she was a God. With all the homosexuals and pedophiles leading your church you should have all the warning you need that you're being trained to adopt Babylonian mysticism in place of Christianity and yet you don't. You've chosen to worship the host of heaven and worship men as Gods. Repent..

So you're a cultist lel.

Taking another honor away from our Lord. Horrifying. How demented would they have to be to think God would overlook this change to his word. What was going through their mind when they changed this. What were they thinking when they changed this prophecy of Christ?

Attached: BibleKJV.jpg (320x240, 27.2K)

Careful there, buddy, if you believe God's word just like Abraham did, apparently you're worshiping the Bible.

As a yet to be Christian, deciding between Orthodoxy and Catholicism, this is exactly one of the things that bothers me about the Catholic faith. How is Mary Queen of anything, yet Heaven? This doesn't make sense to me, why does it seem like you Catholics value Mary above everything else in your faith? Why do you carry 3D statues of her around in public? What's up with this obsession of Mary?

It just seems so Pagany to me. Just imagine an outside person looking at your faith, could you blame that person for believing something like that?

PROTIP: The Church doesn't cater to your fee-fees. Sorry.

Not an argument

Back to Reddit with you!

Mary is literally crowned as the Queen of Heaven in the bible. You would know that if you actually read the bible.
And she isn't the wife of God, she is the mother of God. Big difference.

Attached: Peter_Paul_Rubens_079.jpg (1576x2478, 279.68K)

Please stop proselytizing idolatry and idol worship in this thread. There is nothing admirable or noble in worshipping an idol, even misinterpreting Scripture to do so. These idols do not represent actual people. They are the unrighteous works of pagan hands. They neither see, nor do they hear, nor do they walk.

Isaiah 14:4
That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!

Revelation 9:20
And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:

Revelation 18:21
And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Mother of the King was called Queen by Hebrews back then.

No, you're a troll for the following things:
1] "I want to be Catholic, but that whole Mary thing. If they'd just stop the Mary thing, I'd totally be Catholic!"
2] Bringing up an argument that is in every thread on this board and, instead of doing even the most rudimentary of research, bringing it up again under the guise of "Is this really important to Catholics?"
3] Trying to compare Orthodox to Catholicism using Mary, even though BOTH believe Mary is the Mother of God, have prayers to her for intercession, and have virtually zero difference in belief concerning her.

If you're not a concern troll, you're a false flagger. Either way, you should be banned.

The catholic treatment of mary is a giant hint to the world that catholicism is just paganism

Attached: 12-mothers.jpg (600x363, 68.51K)

That isn't true. You've confused Mary with Ishtar.

Zeitgeist-tier image.

Yeah, sounds like concern trolling to me.

Actually, I haven't. Re-read Revalation heretic!

Attached: 1501813731168s.jpg (228x221, 6.65K)

And yet another ban from the pagans running this board even though no rules were violated. The catholic aversion to truth is all the proof you need that catholicism is satanic.

Attached: b&.JPG (771x755, 76.29K)

you should. It discusses the catholic church extensively.

sorry. if you make a strong argument accompanied with proofs then the mods will definitely immediately ban you and delete all your posts

Go back to your heretic board, turboprot. No one will take you seriously here.

Pretty epic

No one will argue with a liar and ban evader like (you). There is no point arguing with swine that will only trample the pearls of wisedom we give you and have given you in the past.
So, again, kindly go back to you heretic's board where you are free to make up lies all you want.

Strawman.

People claiming that the Book of Revelations teaches that Mary is the Queen of Heaven are seriously reaching. Don't you think that if that were true God would have explicitly told us that the woman is Mary? Wouldn't that be kind of an important fact?

The problem is this happens every time Mary is brought up. I don't have a horse in this race, I'm don't consider myself Protestant, Catholic, or Orthodox. I'm only interested in truth, but every time I ask about Mary, folks like you assume it's disingenuous trolling. Your assertions about her don't hold any water. If they did, you would welcome debate about this instead of banning anyone that disagrees.

People claiming that the Book of Revelations teaches that Mary is not the Queen of Heaven are seriously reaching. Don't you think that if that were true God would have explicitly told us that the woman is not Mary? Wouldn't that be kind of an important fact?

That's not an argument and you know it.

But yeah, the whole "Mary is the Queen of Heaven based on Revelations 12" thing just screams of someone desperate trying to find any flimsy textual support they can to justify their Bible fanfiction.

Jesus existed before Mary

It's as good an argument as you presented. We have 2000 years of Church tradition, theology, writings, essays, sermons, liturgy, and texts that show - without a doubt - that Mary is the Queen of Heaven.

Why did some fat butthurt German in the 1500s somehow magically make all that false?

No it's not. God obviously isn't going to fill the Bible with lists of everything every character isn't.
So if your source is tradition, why don't you say so instead of trying to argue from the Bible?

You certainly don’t have 2000 years of Mary being “queen of heaven”. It’s more like 1000.

Also,
Jesus existed before Mary.

Did you hear me defending protestantism? I think the protestanht churches have their own errors. Christianity is general has been appropriated for evil ends.
I'm not arguing for one church over another I'm saying that Christians need to come to God, not a religion. We are in the end time. Christianity has been captured and subverted, the great falling away has happened as was prophesied by Paul and those who value salvation need to escape the deceptions of evil men and repent of their sins.

So, you deny that Mary is the mother of Jesus? Good to know I'm speaking to non-Christians. It changes the narrative.

Why do people even think this is a good thing? Queen of heaven is a title used by the pagans for one of their false gods mentioned in Jeremiah.

The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.
- Jeremiah 7:18

But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem: for then had we plenty of victuals, and were well, and saw no evil.
Jeremiah 44:17